Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Not impressed by the writer. Have disliked everything his name has been on.

Hate the costume. When is marvel going to understand that this color scheme sucks and we dont like it? Also liked it when they got rid of the shoulder armor. Not happy its back. At least he doesn't have that stupid x-badge on his chest. Miss his utility belt. A guy with that much experience in infiltration, espionage, black ops, etc. Should have a few nick nacks on his person just in case.

The new ability is stupid. Seems like something picked utterly for the "cool factor". He comes complete with claws that cut through everything except adamantium. Them getting hot does what exactly? Prevents his wounds from causing bleed out deaths and now puts HIM in even more pain than he normally experiences from using his claws? If they wanted to upgrade his claws they should have given him Anti-Metal edges and tips so he can cut through adamantium now. Hot adamantium only cuts through adamantium in the movies.

Really wish they had given him a new ability that ties into the powers he already possesses. Strength, speed, senses, healing, feral attributes...
    Last edited by PlotDevice; 06-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Seems that we called it that there’d be another mini that leads into his return before we can finally get a solo series.
    I imagine the mini will play out while Old Man Logan has its final arc. After that, Wolverine comes back with a proper #1 for the new solo.

Another mini? They sure are dragging out his return, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As I said, probably good to wait and see how it plays out in the book before judging.

Maybe it isn't even meant to be an offensive capability, maybe it's some by product of his resurrection that makes it difficult for Logan to function.

Who knows? I'm willing to wait and read the story before jumping to conclusions.
    It’s a minor complaint for me. But I’d bet you dollars to donuts they pose it as an additional offensive skill and nothing more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course! They need to squeeze a few more $6 comics out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    2 one shots and 5 minis to get there, at this pace is likely that Logan won't have an actual solo until next year

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Not impressed by the writer. Have disliked everything his name has been on.

Hate the costume. When is marvel going to understand that this color scheme sucks and we dont like it? Also liked it when they got rid of the shoulder armor. Not happy its back. At least he doesn't have that stupid x-badge on his chest. Miss his utility belt. A guy with that much experience in infiltration, espionage, black ops, etc. Should have a few nick nacks on his person just in case..
    Lord knows, I am lost with this. I here about Fresh Start, but it doesn't seem Fresh. Idk if we've started that or if we're still in Legacy.

But they're reversing (regressing) stuff left & right.

Laura's book is going back to X-23
    Wolverine is gonna keep that fugly yellow costume
    Creed is going back to his fugly fur costume -just with inverted color scheme
    Mariko is back
    Creed's inversion is mostly gone
    Rogue x Gambit
    Deadpool has been reset, now that Duggan's gone

But the one thing Marvel won't reset is all these dollar store Wolverines running around. lol

But both Creed & Logan went back to variations of the lame costumes they used to have.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-05-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Isx this suppose to be the "classified" title?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Isx this suppose to be the "classified" title?
    No. Classified is still a secret.

BANNED

Well, we knew this was coming. Ok, everyone strap in........

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    maybe it isn't even meant to be an offensive capability, maybe it's some by product of his resurrection that makes it difficult for Logan to function.
    That could be plausible. A control mechanism used to keep him from using his claws when his ressurectors dont want him to.

As for the "wait and see" and "benefit of doubt" i say nay. Wolverine has been consistently poorly written for about 20 years now. I have no more optimism. Remember according to even cbr his female clone is a better wolverine than he is. He needs a drastic rehaul, a writer that gets his voice, limits on how many other writers get to use him, and a quick seperation from the other 17 versions of him running around. And yes, especially the clone. Let him go be around a child that doesn't have all the same attributes as him. Hello Amiko.

Oh my Godddddd just give us the ongoing already, for crying out loud.

(Nice creative team)

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Hell yeah! Heated adamantium claws, baby! I love innovative writing from the House of Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    That could be plausible. A control mechanism used to keep him from using his claws when his ressurectors dont want him to.

As for the "wait and see" and "benefit of doubt" i say nay. Wolverine has been consistently poorly written for about 20 years now. I have no more optimism. Remember according to even cbr his female clone is a better wolverine than he is. He needs a drastic rehaul, a writer that gets his voice, limits on how many other writers get to use him, and a quick seperation from the other 17 versions of him running around. And yes, especially the clone. Let him go be around a child that doesn't have all the same attributes as him. Hello Amiko.
    I would go more for the last 10 years, i'm still partial toward Tieri and Rucka. but since House of M it has been a nightmare.

Soule just confirmed on twitter the heat claws are not a power it's something else, maybe somekind of overheating side effect from using his powers too much or something to do with being trapped in molten adamanitum for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a just a temporary thing that will be resolved by the end of this mini.