Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    i liked Tieri, but he was hardly the only person writing wolverine at that time. Rucka is a miss for me based on the Native. He had Logan have sex with something that he clearly was closely related to.
    I am biased. The main thing I liked about Rucka was having Wolverine lose to Sabretooth like he's supposed to. Whether he changed that later, Idk. I am only familiar with The Native story in his writing, and as one of the last good Creed stories before the subsequent 15 years of jobbing and humiliation.

But Rucka had his flaws with the characters' strengths and durability. Both Logan & Creed had Adamantium, I think. If they did, Logan's neck getting snapped by a bullet probably shouldn't have happened. When Creed is run over, he should've been more than capable of lifting a truck off him. I think he lifted heavier stuff before the 2 strength enhancements.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-05-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    i liked Tieri, but he was hardly the only person writing wolverine at that time. Rucka is a miss for me based on the Native. He had Logan have sex with something that he clearly was closely related to.
    To be fair Morrison did an ok job with him, around that point, is one of the few things of his run that i actually buy, Casey.... not so much. Man i had forgot that about Rucka.

"Following his death in 2014, the signature sound of popping claws went silent" No it didn't, or are we just going to ignore all the other Wolverines that started running around after Logan bought it ?

Seriously though, if Marvel long-term knew they were going to bring the original Logan back I think they should've done a better job of trying to make it feel like there was a void instead of just making sure there was a Wolverine on every team.

Quality aside I do think it was kind of absurd to launch all those different "Hunt for Wolverine" mini's when this will probably be completely standalone and not pay into any of the work from those books.

I guess there's some symmetry in Charles Soule and McNiven, the ones who handled his death, coming back for his resurrection. I'm curious if that means Soule will stick around for the inevitable relaunch?

And am I really the only person happy to see Wolverine back in his old costume? I like the yellow and blue .

BANNED

Just give the poor sod an ongoing series, for goodness sake. I am not buying umpteen different minis to get the full scoop on why Wolverine is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Following his death in 2014, the signature sound of popping claws went silent" No it didn't, or are we just going to ignore all the other Wolverines that started running around after Logan bought it ?

Seriously though, if Marvel long-term knew they were going to bring the original Logan back I think they should've done a better job of trying to make it feel like there was a void instead of just making sure there was a Wolverine on every team.

Quality aside I do think it was kind of absurd to launch all those different "Hunt for Wolverine" mini's when this will probably be completely standalone and not pay into any of the work from those books.

I guess there's some symmetry in Charles Soule and McNiven, the ones who handled his death, coming back for his resurrection. I'm curious if that means Soule will stick around for the inevitable relaunch?

And am I really the only person happy to see Wolverine back in his old costume? I like the yellow and blue .
    I like his yellow costume too, but it made more sense for Logan's characther to use his brown gear.

Wow, can't believe he's back. No one could have predict that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    It’s silly because it’s pointless what does it add to claws that can already cut through anything.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Wolverine's mouth on that cover needs fixing. Unless it's supposed to look like a big cheesy grin.

This better not be monthly, but knowing Steve it probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Wolverine's mouth on that cover needs fixing. Unless it's supposed to look like a big cheesy grin.
    Well man he is coming back to life, wouldn't you be happy

By the way it's funny in the announcement they're not calling him James Howlett, or James "Logan" Howlett as they usually do but Logan Howlett.

Astonishing Member

Im guessing logans new heat power will increase his claws at the cost of his healing like when dc gave superman his super flare , can't wait for this powere to be forgotten to mataine the status quo

Daddy Wisdom will always be my original hot knives.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I’m hoping the classified title is just the collected omnibus of this What If? travesty and he stays dead a la Captain Marvel Senior

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I’m hoping the classified title is just the collected omnibus of this What If? travesty and he stays dead a la Captain Marvel Senior
    You might as well ask for the sky to be green, if this is what you're actually hoping.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-05-2018 at 01:05 PM.