Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Pretty much every character in existence have gotten a power-up since their debut. I mean Cyclops(and I'm only using him as an example because of your avatar) somehow received a healing factor during his fight with Logan and no one batted an eye. I mean he had to have one right to survive all those lacerations and still function after receiving a forceful adamantium headbutt. Spider-Man is also much stronger than he was say 30 years ago. So is Hulk, Iron Man, etc.
    What? Really? That's not a power-up. That's an inconsistent comic book fight that happens all the time. Logan also somehow manages to hold Cyke's blast with his thin claws instead of flying off 50 feet or getting his flesh teared off like logically should.

Cyclops has, if anything, gotten weaker. Seriously, when was the last time he did anything impressive with his beams? He has gotten one upgrade in his entire career(Giant-Size X-Men #1) that most writers forget anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What? Really? That's not a power-up. That's an inconsistent comic book fight that happens all the time. Logan also somehow manages to hold Cyke's blast with his thin claws instead of flying off 50 feet or getting his flesh teared off like logically should.

Cyclops has, if anything, gotten weaker. Seriously, when was the last time he did anything impressive with his beams? He has gotten one upgrade in his entire career(Giant-Size X-Men #1) that most writers forget anyway.
    I don't have the scans atm, but folks are always posting that scan of him blasting away a Sentinel(Get off my lawn). Also, didn't Cyclops' power originally begin as concussive force beams and now they're at the point where he can, according to some of his fans, destroy planets. The point is, no character is the same as they were when they debuted. Deadpool being another example, but I ain't about to go all into that lol.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't think that anyone ia trying to argue than the hot claws are a good idea.
    yeah...I know that, well there was that one post a couple pages back, but I'm assuming that was sarcasm. But, yeah I was joking.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

In regards to the hot claws question, should we wait and see how the story actually uses it before deciding whether it's a bad idea or not?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In regards to the hot claws question, should we wait and see how the story actually uses it before deciding whether it's a bad idea or not?
    Well, to be fair Soule said in a twitter that it isn't really a new power, i willing to be that is something that makes Logan's job harder. But Wolverine has been written poorly more often than not in the last decade so is difficult to be exicited. I think that the writter does a decent job in gettin the "voice" of the characther, but his plots for him so far has been underwhelming.

Well, to be fair Soule said in a twitter that it isn't really a new power, i willing to be that is something that makes Logan's job harder. But Wolverine has been written poorly more often than not in the last decade so is difficult to be exicited. I think that the writter does a decent job in gettin the "voice" of the characther, but his plots for him so far has been underwhelming.
    Pretty odd, Soule mentions in this video that Wolverine will use the claws to his advantage against others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1HajcnNZQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Pretty odd, Soule mentions in this video that Wolverine will use the claws to his advantage against others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1HajcnNZQ
    Well.... there it goes that theory.

conflictx

I honestly would just like Logan to stay dead and keep Laura as Wolverine with Daken and Gabby as supporting characters. All this hype for a guy who's best years are behind him and has been turned into a one note character sort of bores me. I already miss Laura's Wolverine, maybe i'm alone with that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by conflictx View Post
    I honestly would just like Logan to stay dead and keep Laura as Wolverine with Daken and Gabby as supporting characters. All this hype for a guy who's best years are behind him and has been turned into a one note character sort of bores me. I already miss Laura's Wolverine, maybe i'm alone with that viewpoint.
    And I’d say who wants to read about a character that had to rip off every aspect of their character from a superior one? When those stories would far better serve the original. And ask what’s more one note than I’m Wolverine’s daughter?

If Logan is such a one note character what does it make Laura whose previous story arcs were just rehashes of Logan's but only done worse, Enemy of the state 2, Old Woman Laura, Orphans of X.

BANNED

LOL. Another mini-series when there are already 4 other mini-series running around? So we need 30 issues just to tell the story of Wolverine's return in total?

This dragging around just like return of Prof X in 12 issues is just too much.

Wouldn't it be better to have a mini-series on return of Cyclops?
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-06-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Laura is a decent characther, but ANW didn't do her many favors IMHO. Also, Logan is as far for one-note as you can get, true many writters seem to have forgotten that over the last few years, but there is a reason of why he has endured, not mentioning that Laura, Daken and Gabby wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for Logan. Besides legacy characthers don't last, is probably why her creators didn't want her to take Logan's mantle.

BTW, why the f*** people want for Daken to be a hero, dude's an unapolagetic monster, his new arc make no sense.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Laura is a decent characther, but ANW didn't do her many favors IMHO. Also, Logan is as far for one-note as you can get, true many writters seem to have forgotten that over the last few years, but there is a reason of why he has endured, not mentioning that Laura, Daken and Gabby wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for Logan. Besides legacy characthers don't last, is probably why her creators didn't want her to take Logan's mantle.

BTW, why the f*** people want for Daken to be a hero, dude's an unapolagetic monster, his new arc make no sense.
    I don't get how people love him as a hero, but **** bricks over Creed possibly being one because he's too disgusting. As if Daken is any better. lol Both of them are just as disgusting as each other. In fact, Daken can be considered a rip off of Creed, who was doing Daken's thing before Daken was even retconned into existence. Dark reflection of Wolverine, prime tormentor and manipulator, abusive childhood, sociopath who occasionally had moments of love for certain people.

In case of Laura, I can get people not wanting her to be X-23 again. But I do think she needed to drop Wolverine's mantle. There should've only ever been one Wolverine, and that was Logan (James / Howett lol). Give Laura her own name, rather than her being a clone of the original Wolverine, then riding off his name.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-06-2018 at 04:13 PM.

I've figured out that Daken is the Goro Akechi of the X-Men franchise (points to whoever gets that reference).

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I don't get how people love him as a hero, but **** bricks over Creed possibly being one because he's too disgusting. As if Daken is any better. lol Both of them are just as disgusting as each other. In fact, Daken can be considered a rip off of Creed, who was doing Daken before Daken existed. Dark reflection of Wolverine, prime tormentor and manipulator, abusive childhood, sociopath who occasionally had moments of love for certain people.

In case of Laura, I can get people not wanting her to be X-23 again. But I do think she needed to drop Wolverine's mantle. There should've only ever been one Wolverine, and that was Logan (James / Howett lol). Give Laura her own name, rather than her being a clone of the original Wolverine, then riding off his name.
    I prefer for both Creed and Daken (if i had to keep him around) as villains, most of the time i never saw how they could be redeemed, granted Claremont intended for Creed to be less nasty that it was showed up to us, but at this point i prefer him to be Logan's nemesis, when written well their rivalry is pretty compelling, instead of the one note joke that Victor has turned into (i just read Weapon x last issue, that sucked).