Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've figured out that Daken is the Goro Akechi of the X-Men franchise (points to whoever gets that reference).
    I'll bite, who is Goro Akechi?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'll bite, who is Goro Akechi?
    One of the lead characters from Persona 5 .

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I prefer for both Creed and Daken (if i had to keep him around) as villains, most of the time i never saw how they could be redeemed, granted Claremont intended for Creed to be less nasty that it was showed up to us, but at this point i prefer him to be Logan's nemesis, when written well their rivalry is pretty compelling, instead of the one note joke that Victor has turned into (i just read Weapon x last issue, that sucked).
    My standards have gotten very low as a Creed fan. To the point I loved these last 2 Weapon X chapters, because that's the best Pak has written him since he started contributing to his continued destruction last year. So, I give the chapters praise except for the still-cringey "hip new generation" dialogue. Ugh

And Creed has been turned into such a one-note joke & punching bag, I never want him near a Wolverine these days. Because he's usually treated even worse when he is. See Laura kicking his ass like nothing in Weapon X #10. Daken slitting his throat easily in Death of Wolverine. And how things are one-sided with Logan kicking his ass and dismissing him as any kind of threat these days. And how OML is the head badass in Weapon X who does no wrong, and Creed who does nothing right, with Logan repeatedly calling him stupid.

At this point, I am tired of Creed being an accessory that's used to prop up and shown how wonderful Logan is. The man used to actually have more character.

Far as Daken, a more famous example is people seeing him as the Vegeta of Marvel.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 06-09-2018 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    My standards have gotten very low as a Creed fan. To the point I loved these last 2 Weapon X chapters, because that's the best Pak has written him since he started contributing to his continued destruction last year. So, I give the chapters praise except for the still-cringey "hip new generation" dialogue. Ugh

And Creed has been turned into such a one-note joke & punching bag, I never want him near a Wolverine these days. Because he's usually treated even worse when he is. See Laura kicking his ass like nothing in Weapon X #10. Daken slitting his throat easily in Death of Wolverine. And how things are one-sided with Logan kicking his ass and dismissing him as any kind of threat these days. And how OML is the head badass in Weapon X who does no wrong, and Creed who does nothing right, with Logan repeatedly calling him stupid.

At this point, I am tired of Creed being an accessory that's used to prop up and shown how wonderful Logan is. The man used to actually have more character.

Far as Daken, a more famous example is people seeing him as the Vegeta of Marvel.
    That's understandable, i don't want Creed to Logan's punching bag, but honestly in spite at all the attention that he recieves is weird to find a good Wolverine comic book this days, i just want writters to remenber that Sabretooth and Wolverine are far from one note.

BTW, i also think that Vegeta heel turn made more sense that Daken, at least by the end of the Majin Boo saga we saw genuine regret on his part and didn't happen from night to day (Vegeta didn't really became a hero until the end of the series).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the lead characters from Persona 5 .

Well, i had to play that game some day, to understand the hype for the franchise, althougth JRPG had never been my forte, in spite of what my perfil image may led people to believe .

All-New Member

When I first heard about the hot claws, I thought that maybe this would end up reducing Logan's reliance on his claws and rely more on his hand-to-hand combat skills. I'm willing to see how it turns out before ridiculing the idea. Also, wasn't it mentioned that Logan would return with more powers (plural), perhaps they'll reveal another later down the road...

BANNED

So like his dead daughter Fire Knives? Who looks suspiciously like Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't have the scans atm, but folks are always posting that scan of him blasting away a Sentinel(Get off my lawn).
    Yeah... that was over ten years ago.
    Also, didn't Cyclops' power originally begin as concussive force beams and now they're at the point where he can, according to some of his fans, destroy planets.
    Uh, it's still concussive force. It's never changed. Concussive force usually destroys things.

There is only one scan(to my knowledge) that says that he could rip a small planet in half. That is some serious narrative hyperbole, and again, that was over ten years ago. Cyke is mountain buster at best. Right now, in Blue, his blast do the same amount of damage as paint guns. I'm not exaggerating.
    The point is, no character is the same as they were when they debuted. Deadpool being another example, but I ain't about to go all into that lol.
    But the thing is Wolverine has continuously gotten more and more impressive upgrades.

Hot claws?

Why?

Why does wolverine need an upgrade? He does always well, has great stories, he is a great character...what´s the need for the hot claws?

Why Soule. The guy who ruined Inhumans vs X-Men, is boring in Astonishing X-Men, has to take over Logan. And his first idea is to make something unnecesary and boring. Why having new powers is considered "the evolution" of the character instead of evolveing as a character. You know... selfgrow, outdoing oneself and our own limitations... being better. Why going with the childish stuff.
    So Logan ress is now about him having new unneeded powers... instead of his actual ressurection. This is what, at the long run, makes main characters unusable. Like superman, has got so many powers over the years he needs a clean slate every once in a while.

How i miss the 80s / 90s. X-Men this days...

Ok... maybe im being a bit negative even before the start of this.

Astonishing Member

I was wondering when there would be a new Wolverine ongoing,but a limited series by Soule and McNiven is cool as well.
    Looking forward to collect this limited series for sure.Wolverine just got a interesting upgrade that is intriguing to see how will be changing the Wolverine stories.

I hope people refer to him as “Hot Claws” from now on. LOL.

Way to take an awesome character and make him kind of stupid, Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope people refer to him as “Hot Claws” from now on. LOL.

Way to take an awesome character and make him kind of stupid, Soule.
    He is not the first one, remeber the "No Nose Wolverine" by Hama .

Please don’t make me remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Please don’t make me remember...
    .....Weapon H .

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

.....Weapon H .
    That's the worst one, imo. lol Followed by Raze

Jimmy & Gabby also weren't helping already.

Pretty soon will have some kind of DBZ fusion or transformers action where all the Wolverines transform into one entity to defeat their foes. Only thing they haven't done yet.