Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    It wasn't because of a single piece of flesh. It was because his brain and eyes were still intact along with the rest of his skeleton (Which should be impossible for the eyes and brain to survive if the rest of his organs didn't).

But I agree his healing factor has fluctuated way too much to the point where it basically depends on the writer of the day to say whatever his weaknesses are.
    recently (2014) Dracula killed Deadpool in a Secret Wars tie in by drowning iirc, it was a story featuring Shickla. I don't remember if it was a Shickla + monsters book (they were trying to give a push to those characters back then), or if it was the Deadpool tie in.

I think drowning should kill Wolverine.
    I also think life energy absorption vampires like Sauron or Selene or Fitzroy, could kill Wolverine relatively quickly (the fights of Wolverine and Sauron sometimes didnt make much sense, they had to greatly nerf the hypnosis and life energy absorption of Sauron, or make him not use them at all, or make him release his hold on Wolverine, which makes me think Sauron doesnt really want to kill him).

I actually am a huge fan of Soule, though mostly due to his work at DC. His Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing were amazing. I thought he did a good job with Death of Wolverine too, and I don't hold IvX against him or Lemire because it felt like an editorial mandate.

But, man, Wolverine and his hot claws. Why. Why did no one at Marvel start laughing uncontrollably.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Uh... no. Wolverine does not have a "CRAZY" mutation. Never in the entire history of Wolverine has it been his mutant powers that made him insane. If he's talking about his MUTATION making him crazy, he's obviously referring to the mental aspects of his feral aggression affecting him. Making him think and react more like a predatory animal than a human. This goes back to the Department H flashback waaaaay back in the day when he almost kills Mac Hudson over what everyone else assumes is nothing. The simple fact is (something that has been forgotten) Logan's senses and instincts (FROM HIS MUTATION) cause him to react to minuscule tells that humans could never detect. Logan's senses and instincts probably told him Mac was subconsciously acting toward Logan in a specific way because Mac was becoming aware that Logan and Heather were attracted to one another. Logan's drive to be an Alpha and dominate his rival for his desired mate caused him to rage out in what others assumed was a psychotic state.

That being said, Logan has surely accumulated a lot of mental anguish and stress from the constant internal battle between being a Man and the pull of the Beast. The stress of his CONSTANT feral regression is probably more detrimental than Creed's because his adamantium has held his in check longer, and unlike Creed he chose to fight it. IMO this is why Logan when truly berserk is worse, and more unstoppable than Creed. Creed is about 50% berserk/running on instinct all the time. Logan holds it at a dam at about 25% and it builds constantly. When he gets truly angry it slams straight to 100%.

Aside from all of that... Logan is actually crazy. He is crazy aside from the whole being feral, howling at the moon, my vision goes red stuff. He has had a very long emotionally/mentally/physically traumatic existence. His "NORMAL" insanity is not from his powers though. It's from his history. Logan's life alone is waaaaaaaay more than enough to drive 20 people insane. You top the violence, loss, and tragedy with a MASSIVE amount of mind *uckery and you have a whole different ball of wax. Logan has had repeated mind wipes, false memory implants on top of other memory implants like a sloppy patchwork quilt. Even worse is the fact that some of the implants had truthful elements of the actual events to make them seem authentic. Even after House of M restored his memories he was still so messed up he had to go on a massive rampage because he couldn't understand how it all fit together. Even before he was messed with by telepaths like Aldo Ferro the Weapon Plus program basically had people using drill motors in his ears to scramble his brain like eggs after every mission.
    I never said he had a "CRAZY" mutation, I said his mutation was driving him crazy and you just proved my point because his regression was induced by his mutation and it was driving him crazy. Even this regression wasn't really one, it was his natural evolution again induced by his mutation so yes his mutation was really responsible for driving him crazy.

Brian Cronin wrote a great article about it :

https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-r...ack-to-normal/

Even in Origin, you can see him easily losing his mind because of his feral nature, this feral nature is part of his mutation as much as his healing factor, claws and his acute senses. Of course along the years, things got more complicated and convoluted, same thing with his memory just like you said.
    One time it was just the trauma of the Weapon X experiment, then it was implants, then it was Ferro's work then later it was his own healing factor which made him forget his past and finally the last retcon was that Romulus was reponsible for removing his memory even before the Weapon X program.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I actually am a huge fan of Soule, though mostly due to his work at DC. His Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing were amazing. I thought he did a good job with Death of Wolverine too, and I don't hold IvX against him or Lemire because it felt like an editorial mandate.

But, man, Wolverine and his hot claws. Why. Why did no one at Marvel start laughing uncontrollably.
    Wolverine's amazing cooking skills will be even better now !!!!

Last edited by Hush; 06-30-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    But you just proved my point, his regression was induced by his mutation and was driving him crazy. Even this regression wasn't really one, it was his natural evolution again induced by his mutation so yes his mutation was responsible for driving him crazy.

Brian Cronin wrote a great article about it :

https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-r...ack-to-normal/

Even in Origin, you can see him easily losing his mind because of his feral nature, this feral nature is part of his mutation as much as his healing factor, claws and his acute senses. Of course along the years, things got more complicated and convoluted, same thing with his memory just like you said.
    One time it was just the trauma of the Weapon X experiment, then it was implants, then it was Ferro's work then later it was his own healing factor which made him forget his past and finally the last retcon was that Romulus was reponsible for removing his memory even before the Weapon X program.

Wolverine's amazing cooking skills will be even better now !!!!

He is a very self critical chef, he always tries to improve, that's why he is the best at what he does, great cuisine !!!!!

Also Hush, remember that i discovered Logan's new cathphrase, don't try to steal it .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Also Hush, remember that i discovered Logan's new cathphrase, don't try to steal it .
    I got a message from J.J Jameson, you should be careful because the Bugle might try to steal this new catchphrase

I got a message from J.J Jameson, you should be careful because the Bugle might try to steal this new catchphrase

Godammit it, can't Jameson for her own damm articles, first he steals all my Spider-Man stories and then this

Also fun article about Wolverine's feral regression it was really weird how it sort of ended over night (in my opinio one the saddest things about Hama's run is that he never really "ended" his run).

Godammit it, can't Jameson for her own damm articles, first he steals all my Spider-Man stories and then this

Also fun article about Wolverine's feral regression it was really weird how it sort of ended over night (in my opinio one the saddest things about Hama's run is that he never really "ended" his run).
    Funny thing the last time I saw Jameson he was wearing a Spider-Man costume, I'm telling you, something is fishy with this guy....

Yeah that feral regression was a really strange plot, the reaction was so bad the X-Office had to quickly make Logan "normal" again lol. I agree with you having Hama just "ending" his run on another crossover was really sad, the X-Office at the time was really good at making bad decisions.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-30-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Funny thing the last time I saw Jameson he was wearing a Spider-Man costume, I'm telling you, something is fishy with this guy....

Yeah that feral regression was a really strange plot, the reaction was so bad the X-Office had to quickly make Logan "normal" again lol. I agree with you having Hama just "ending" his run on another crossover was really sad, the X-Office at the time was really good at making bad decisions.
    I KNEW IT!!!!! .

I love how most of the X-Men just went along with it "yes this clearly couldn't go wrong" lol, but yeah it was weird, the OZT issues weren't bad or anything, but as an ending it was pretty meh, at least the next arc "Not Dead Yet" was fun and Leinil Yu Wolverine is always nice to have, of course then we got that weird second Claremont run when Claremont marry Logan with Viper, truly a macth made on hell , Ogun did him a favor to Logan in Tieri's run when he attacked her

I KNEW IT!!!!! .

I love how most of the X-Men just went along with it "yes this clearly couldn't go wrong" lol, but yeah it was weird, the OZT issues weren't bad or anything, but as an ending it was pretty meh, at least the next arc "Not Dead Yet" was fun and Leinil Yu Wolverine is always nice to have, of course then we got that weird second Claremont run when Claremont marry Logan with Viper, truly a macth made on hell , Ogun did him a favor to Logan in Tieri's run when he attacked her
    I loved Not Dead Yet at the time but yeah the second Claremont run was really terrible and the art by Stephen Platt made Claremont's plot even more incoherent. The first fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine was great though, same for Yu art. Fortunately, the next story with the Wendigo by Dezago and Yu was much better.

I love how Tieri dealt with this plot, that was the perfect way to end this wedding lol.

I loved Not Dead Yet at the time but yeah the second Claremont run was really terrible and the art by Stephen Platt made Claremont's plot even more incoherent. The first fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine was great though, same for Yu art. Fortunately, the next story with the Wendigo by Dezago and Yu was much better.

I love how Tieri dealt with this plot, that was the perfect way to end this wedding lol.
    Yeah the artwork was bad, the whole plot of Viper kidnaping and mind controlling all the women on Logan's life to do.... it was just weird, honestly i might need to read it again, but i never got it. As you say that fight with Sabretooth was cool. I still had to read Dezago's story, but his work on Spider-Man has some great moments with Ben and Peter, so i'm interested on what he could do with Wolverine.

Ditto about Tieri, i love how he did the slow burn that concluded in The Logan Files, over his whole run and how he used continuity, also props for being one of the few writters that remembers Amiko (Wolverine #82 still ranks hight in my favorite issues for the characther ).
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-30-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Wolverine #82 and the Logan Files were both amazing. Steve Skroce also used her during his short run on Wolverine (issue 150-153) and it was nice seeing her again during the Aaron run. I hope she will appear in Return of Wolverine or in the next ongoing.

Wolverine #82 and the Logan Files were both amazing. Steve Skroce also used her during his short run on Wolverine (issue 150-153) and it was nice seeing her again during the Aaron run. I hope she will appear in Return of Wolverine or in the next ongoing.
    Same, it has been too damm long.

Soule talks a bit more about the "Return of Wolverine" mini in his own blog.

https://www.charlessoule.com/latest/...ally-hot-claws

Soule talks a bit more about the "Return of Wolverine" mini in his own blog.

https://www.charlessoule.com/latest/...ally-hot-claws
    So much damage control on these 'Hot Claws' lol