Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Actually now that I think about it. Has any of the current Hunt for Wolverine stuff explained why none of the current X-Men telepaths can't just ping Wolverine on Cerebro (Psylocke, O5 Jean, Rachel, or if they're nice enough Emma)?
    If he's been coasting on feral mode telepaths aren't supposed to be able to work on him. Plus he has very high psi shielding, when writers remember it.

Yeah, reading Claremont X-Men i never got the impression that Creed was Logan superior, at least not by much, Sabretooth is stated to be stronger and heavier than Logan, but the narration also said that Wolverine match him on ferocity and is able to give some good hits, it also shows that Logan is actually smarter than him.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My guest is that most writter either dislike/don't care for Creed, didn't bother to investigate more about the characthers or just wanted a new direction and charactherization/continuity be dammed, every Marvel characther in modern age has suffer this to an extent, Creed is probably one of the worst offenses.
    Agreed. Especially with the power charts, that I take with a grain of salt due to this.

Both Deadpool & Wolverine's strength is classed as a 4, which is superhuman.
    Chart-1.png
    Chart-2.png

Yet somehow, Creed is only a 3, which is peak human.
    Chart-3.png
    Sorry, no way in Hell either of those 2 should be stronger than Creed after 2 strength enhancements. He was superhuman before those, I think. But no shock he's written as an incompetent joke, and non threat to both of them. At this point, he's Wolverine's inferior in every way. Which he certainly didn't start as.

Marvel could stand to stop with the Wolverine wank, and fix some of the characters they've destroyed over the last 15+ years. Storm, Sabretooth, Mystique, Gambit, and Juggernaut, could all stand to get fixed for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, reading Claremont X-Men i never got the impression that Creed was Logan superior, at least not by much, Sabretooth is stated to be stronger and heavier than Logan, but the narration also said that Wolverine match him on ferocity and is able to give some good hits, it also shows that Logan is actually smarter than him.
    He's Wolverine's eternal rival, so you would expect their skills to be about neck-and-neck so that it's a challenge whenever they fight each other (even if you expect Logan to win since he's the hero).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's Wolverine's eternal rival, so you would expect their skills to be about neck-and-neck so that it's a challenge whenever they fight each other (even if you expect Logan to win since he's the hero).
    Well of course that he is, when Sabertrooth and Wolverine fight it should be an epic match, two feral beast ripping eacth other apart, is just that if Claremont intended for Creed to be unbeetable by a loner Logan, it should have done a better job.

BANNED

lmfao? Heat claws?

Why do they let Soule write everything?

Oh well, at least he is back.

Reading Wolverine #10 and the arc when Creed got his adamantium, my guest is that Claremont intended for Creed to be superior to Logan until he got his adamantium claws and was able to match him, similar to the Origin movie, but he never stayed long enougth to stablish that properly.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    If he's been coasting on feral mode telepaths aren't supposed to be able to work on him. Plus he has very high psi shielding, when writers remember it.
    Yeah but that doesn't really work since his Psi Shields should only protect from being attacked by telepaths or probed. It shouldn't make him invisible to detection, same with if he was feral. And on top of that he would be tracked down by a telepath whose powers and abilities are amped by Cerebro.

Welp. I'm excited! About time they brought him back.

Any clue what guest characters will be in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But the one thing Marvel won't reset is all these dollar store Wolverines running around. lol
    Well, Daken always co-existed with Wolverine. X-23 not only always co-existed but has arguably proven to be a sustainable character herself. Honey Badger is an X-23 character, not so much a Wolverine one (HB and X-23 are basically a package deal these days, so I think they count as one). Not sure about Jimmy Hudson or the Weapon H guy(out of my interest range), but they can be written out or put in storage until needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Welcome back Logan though with so many copies in a way it's like he never left .
    Yeah, it does seem the return hasn't exactly been an excitement generator, unlike, say, Jean Grey's resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gabby? She's stuck in one book. No biggie.
    Well, technically two; X-23 2.0 (taking over for All-New Wolverine) and X-Men: Red, but, as noted before, the X-23 brand has basically been rebranded with Laura and Gabby being the co-stars.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Reposting from the Wolverine thread:
    And finally, one last question from me, to round things out. Wolverine is everywhere right now. He’s being hunted, he’s got an Infinity Stone, he’s wandering around in the*most*unexpected places — what do you think Wolverine’s return means for the X-Men as a team, especially at a time when Xavier, Jean, and several others have come back too?

White:*Wolverine might not have been the first X-Man (unless you ask the*First X-Men*miniseries, I suppose) but ever since he joined in*Giant-Size X-Men*#1, he’s become one of the most important. And it might be strange to call the X-Man who has killed the most people of anyone on the team the “heart” of it… but in many ways he became just that.

The X-Men allowed Logan to take control of himself and his life in a way he didn’t know was possible before them, and once he did, it revealed the man who was at his core — a man who cared deeply for the people around him, his adopted family and who would do anything to protect them. But a lot has happened since his death… not least of all to him. Is he still that same man? From the glimpse we got at the end of*Hunt for Wolverine*#1… I don’t know that we can say he is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. Especially with the power charts, that I take with a grain of salt due to this. Both Deadpool & Wolverine's strength is classed as a 4, which is superhuman. Yet somehow, Creed is only a 3, which is peak human. Sorry, no way in Hell either of those 2 should be stronger than Creed after 2 strength enhancements. He was superhuman before those, I think. But no shock he's written as an incompetent joke, and non threat to both of them. At this point, he's Wolverine's inferior in every way. Which he certainly didn't start as..
    Meh... power charts are clearly not being looked over before they are put out. I have seen multiple times where both Wade and Logan have also had their strength level listed as peak human. There have also been several strength charts depicting Creed's strength as higher than a 3. I do not count either Wade or Logan as being stronger than Creed. Certainly not Wade. He should never be stronger than Logan plus Logan should be slightly stronger due to structural integrity limitations being null due to Logan's skeleton. One could argue Logan being stronger due to most of Logan's powers being a result of the effects of his healing factor naturally boosting his other physical attributes. Logan has had the healing factor far longer than wade, meaning more boosting over more time. Logan has also dealt with an extra 100 lbs of weight constantly since the late 1960's meaning his healing factor and adaptive abilities in speed and strength should be that much more ahead of Wade. So Logan slightly stronger than Wade, their speed maybe equal, and Creed slightly stronger and faster. I still remember Creed using a Hand ninja as a club to blast Wolverine over 100 feet in the air, through a ceiling in Back in Japan. Truly a legit strength feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Yeah but that doesn't really work since his Psi Shields should only protect from being attacked by telepaths or probed. It shouldn't make him invisible to detection, same with if he was feral. And on top of that he would be tracked down by a telepath whose powers and abilities are amped by Cerebro.
    Depends on how the probe and cerebro really work. Does Cerebro show animal thoughts? Can you mentally track just the X-Gene? Or do you track the X-Gene through the overall thoughts? I only remember Cassandra Nova being unable to use her powers on Beast and Wolverine because they had gone feral. Also Wolverine's berserker mentality overpowered the Mind Ninjas in Back to Japan.

The “hot claws” idea makes me think of the old 6 person side scrolling X-men arcade game, where Logan would scrape his claws together and send out some sort of heatwave like blast. Ha. It was stupid, but I could see that being the case. Where he gets enough friction from slashing metal that he basically scrapes his claws together and sprays hot sparks or something like that.

BANNED

Blargh. Sounds like Logan is stealing Pete Wisdoms 'hot knives' schtick.
    Not a big advocate of Soules work, as Astonishing X-Men kinda got worse with each issue, and the cast was wasted. His Daredevil and Inhumans weren't to my taste either. Given this is Wolverine, I probably won't be picking it up as I'm not a big fan of the character or the writer. McNiven's art is brilliant, but probably not enough to bring me on board. I can't believe this is yet another mini too.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Agree! Love the brown and tan...they could at least give us an updated version of it, just like they updated the yellow and blue one.
    His best look tbh- I'd much rather some variation of that too. If we're getting solo stories then I'd rather he just wore jeans, tank tops & a jacket- reminiscent of Jackman. He looks good in the Marvel 2018 banner Marvel2018.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I like McNiven, but isn't he well known to have a hard time when it comes to deadlines? Even if this is a limited series, I wonder if it will be on schedule.