Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Hot knives just reminds me of

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

His claws heat up? That's the bone-headed idea my friend came up with in 4th grade... Soule, your thinking like a 4th grader!
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I miss Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I miss Wisdom.
    He was a great foil in Asmus' Gambit solo.

So... how many Wolverine-characters do we have now?

Wolverine
    Old Man Logan (alternate reality)
    Laura (clone)
    Gabby (clone)
    Jimmy (child)
    Daken (child)
    Weapon-H (cloned-thing)
    Raze (child)

+ James Howlet (alternate reality)

And all active, right? What's going on? This is worst than the Bat-family. At least they aren't all clones and children of Bruce. Just really athletic nut-cases that dress up as versions of the Batman.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-06-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Was Raze not part of the gang killed by Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

Wolverine
    Laura (clone)
    Gabby (clone)
    Jimmy (child)
    Daken (child)
    Weapon-H (cloned-thing)
    Raze (child)

And all active, right? What's going on? This is worst than the Bat-family. At least they aren't all clones and children of Bruce. Just really athletic nut-cases that dress up as versions of the Batman.
    To be fair, i think that at least half of then are going to be send to limbo sooner than later, except for his son and the female clone.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The problem with hot knife claws is that they're pretty much as redundant as Hulkverine. Why would you want a hard as fuck metal to heat when it already cuts pretty much everything? Unless Logan will start an YouTube channel with him showing him melting many materials, but that would be too interesting for current X-Line.
    Logan being a youtuber would be far more interesting than most of the current X-Line that's for sure.

So these new heat abilities... kinda reminds me Demon Wolverine from the Wolverine Goes to Hell arc. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't last as Wolverine has always been pretty bare bones as far as abilities go compared to most of the other X-Men. I mean they could have all the 2nd or 3rd mutations and no one blinks an eye, but the moment Logan gets something new, he's all of a sudden overpowered for some reason, which I think is a pretty funny statement.

"if you come back from the dead, it should mean something. One of the outwardly physical manifestations of that is that now, from time to time, his claws—once they’re popped—they can heat up. They can get really hot.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    So these new heat abilities... kinda reminds me Demon Wolverine from the Wolverine Goes to Hell arc. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't last as Wolverine has always been pretty bare bones as far as abilities go compared to most of the other X-Men. I mean they could have all the 2nd or 3rd mutations and no one blinks an eye, but the moment Logan gets something new, he's all of a sudden overpowered for some reason, which I think is a pretty funny statement.
    Yeah, technically he's never had a secondary mutation. BUT

-His healing factor went from "can heal small wounds much quicker than normal humans" to... need I explain?

-Adamantium-laced bones. He didn't have that in the beginning. That was a retcon.

-I don't think his claws used to cut quite literally anything.(he could not pierce the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #181. He says it so himself)

-Him being a top class martial artist is also a retcon.

-His senses weren't supposed to be as good as they are now as far as I know.

-Not to mention the absurd amount of times everyone else has jobbed to make Wolverine look good.

And please don't use "he's on the level of Hulk because in his first appearance he was Hulk's antagonist." That like saying "Punisher is on the same level as Spider-Man because in his first appearance he was Spider-Man's antogonist."

So yeah, it's understandable that some people are irritated that Logan's gotten yet another power up.

Wolverine
    Laura (clone)
    Gabby (clone)
    Jimmy (child)
    Daken (child)
    Weapon-H (cloned-thing)
    Raze (child)

you forgot Bellona, but tbf Raze is dead & spoilers:
    so is Jimmy
    end of spoilers.

and let's be honest, the old man already has one foot in the grave already.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

-His healing factor went from "can heal small wounds much quicker than normal humans" to... need I explain?

-Adamantium-laced bones. He didn't have that in the beginning. That was a retcon.

-I don't think his claws used to cut quite literally anything.(he could not pierce the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #181. He says it so himself)

-Not to mention the absurd amount of times everyone else has jobbed to make Wolverine look good.

And please don't use "he's on the level of Hulk because in his first appearance he was Hulk's antagonist." That like saying "Punisher is on the same level as Spider-Man because in his first appearance he was Spider-Man's antogonist."

So yeah, it's understandable that some people are irritated that Logan's gotten yet another power up.
    Pretty much every character in existence have gotten a power-up since their debut. I mean Cyclops(and I'm only using him as an example because of your avatar) somehow received a healing factor during his fight with Logan and no one batted an eye. I mean he had to have one right to survive all those lacerations and still function after receiving a forceful adamantium headbutt. Spider-Man is also much stronger than he was say 30 years ago. So is Hulk, Iron Man, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

There are fair criticism toward Logan's power levels (i personally don't believe that he up there with Shang Chi or Iron Fist in terms of martial arts and his healing factor has gotten ludicrous), but seriously this is such an obvious gimmick that i wonder why anyone would believe that it would stick around beyond the arc.

Charles Soule: "A centuries-old Canadian samurai with unbreakable bones, the ability to heal from just about anything and super senses coming back from the dead and being involved with an infinity gem isn't cool enough... how do I make it even better? I know! Hot claws!"

And for those more annoyed by his costume's colors... this is a play on his most recognizable look. Marvel is, more often than not, going to lean on whats most marketable (not relatable or logical even to their current fanbase; marketable.). More people in the world at large know Wolverine in these colors
    Guild Member

Charles Soule: "A centuries-old Canadian samurai with unbreakable bones, the ability to heal from just about anything and super senses coming back from the dead and being involved with an infinity gem isn't cool enough... how do I make it even better? I know! Hot claws!"

And for those more annoyed by his costume's colors... this is a play on his most recognizable look. Marvel is, more often than not, going to lean on whats most marketable (not relatable or logical even to their current fanbase; marketable.). More people in the world at large know Wolverine in these colors
    I don't think that anyone ia trying to argue than the hot claws are a good idea.