Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sad how stupid people can be.

Insta, FB, and Twitter really need to stamp out abuse.

There are women you get threats and they report it but it isn't considered against the rules...

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Can we please not be this way, people!:

https://www.cbr.com/kelly-marie-tran...er-harassment/
    With all the Sithposting groups making memes and roasting the casts, there's nothing much we can do. But the memes are actually pretty funny though

And there is still no confirmation on the story besides one tweet.

I use to check out her uploads on Instagram, and besides a few people criticizing Rose's actions I didn't run into harassment.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    And there is still no confirmation on the story besides one tweet.

I use to check out her uploads on Instagram, and besides a few people criticizing Rose's actions I didn't run into harassment.
    Agreed. Kelly has made no statement. There's been no well-known incidents (like the insane crazy meme with Millie Bobby Brown that cause her to leave Twitter).

The major impact was how the entire narrative online about Star Wars fans changed overnight from "Solo flopped, what's wrong with Star Wars?" to "Star Wars fans are toxic and evil".

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Agreed. Kelly has made no statement. There's been no well-known incidents (like the insane crazy meme with Millie Bobby Brown that cause her to leave Twitter).

The major impact was how the entire narrative online about Star Wars fans changed overnight from "Solo flopped, what's wrong with Star Wars?" to "Star Wars fans are toxic and evil".
    Star Wars having toxic fans is nothing new; they just seem to be more vocal and shameless now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Star Wars having toxic fans is nothing new; they just seem to be more vocal and shameless now.
    Shame is so 1960s.

If I was managing social media for Star Wars, I would do everything possible to make Disney believe they can't listen to the angry fans. This was absolutely perfect move. The entire narrative online completely changed.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The nature of the beast. Fans are more vocal now I think because you have a complicit media that has taken sides in the issue and decided to attack detractors.

Comparison: Before 2012 when Lucas rereleased TPM in theaters for 3D. All the prequel films were rated positive on RT. Despite the positive ratings, fans ripped the films and the media didn't side with Lucas or the fans over who was right or wrong. Lucas never engaged with the fans or said he didn't need them. While documentaries like "The People vs George Lucas" and the Red Letter Media dissection of the prequels reached millions of people.

2015-Now: The fans voice their displeasure with attributes of the new films like before, but this time the media and members of Lucasfilm have taken sides. Now, the fans are the problem. The accusations keep changing. Fans are racist, sexist, misogynist etc. KK stating she didn't need to pay attention to male fans. Jonathan Kasdan pushing his inclusivity and representation agenda for Solo in a tweet.

All the while legitimate criticisms were ignored, and internet journalist/critic praise for the new movies soared. People are letting their voices be heard on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    If I was managing social media for Star Wars, I would do everything possible to make Disney believe they can't listen to the angry fans. This was absolutely perfect move. The entire narrative online completely changed.
    Angry fans translated into a hole in Disney's pocketbook. Solo is a disaster financially and all these leaks about KK's continued role at Lucasfilm seem to suggest heads are rolling behind the scenes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Angry fans translated into a hole in Disney's pocketbook.
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Crappy scheduling and out of control budgets want the credit they worked hard for.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Crappy scheduling and out of control budgets want the credit they worked hard for.
    Lol

Is it your opinion that the divisive Last Jedi, which proceeded Solo (six months later) had minimal effect on the fan and general audience attitude?

Avengers 3, Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2 were all released in the same window as Solo. And yet you would have me believe the film with Star Wars in the title was the victim?

Not likely.

Granted, the crappy marketing, reshooting 70% of the movie and general lackluster nature of the film certainly didn't help.

I'm not speaking for him, but for me, yes, it is indeed my opinion that Last Jedi was largely irrelevant to the performance of Solo. Solo had a lot going against it before TLJ even came out. Then that was compounded by a very late and poor marketing campaign.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm not speaking for him, but for me, yes, it is indeed my opinion that Last Jedi was largely irrelevant to the performance of Solo. Solo had a lot going against it before TLJ even came out. Then that was compounded by a very late and poor marketing campaign.
    I'm with Sacred Knight.

Solo has been a troublesome movie from pretty much as soon as the project was announced.

Lol

Is it your opinion that the divisive Last Jedi, which proceeded Solo (six months later) had minimal effect on the fan and general audience attitude?
    Yeah. The most accurate data we have indicates that TLJ was a successful movie that was popular with most of its viewers, with the most vocal dislike coming from a minority who's screaming makes them seem bigger than they actually are.

Avengers 3, Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2 were all released in the same window as Solo. And yet you would have me believe the film with Star Wars in the title was the victim?

Not likely.
    Yes, very likely. All of those were followups to highly successful and/or anticipated movies that were on a scale Solo was not. Star Wars is not a given to dominate the box office. We've known this since 2002 when the original Spider-Man movie outperformed Attack of the Clones.

Granted, the crappy marketing, reshooting 70% of the movie and general lackluster nature of the film certainly didn't help.
    Dollars to donuts, this had more impact that angry fans.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm with Sacred Knight.

Solo has been a troublesome movie from pretty much as soon as the project was announced.
    Yeah. The most accurate data we have indicates that TLJ was a successful movie that was popular with most of its viewers, with the most vocal dislike coming from a minority who's screaming makes them seem bigger than they actually are.
    We're not talking about TLJ in a vacuum. We're talking about TLJ and it's relationship to Solo. At the BO, TLJ made bank. However, toy sales, merchandise and home video sales were low in comparison to TFA and RO. Solo's domestic and foreign performance demonstrates the general audience wasn't charmed by what Solo offered either. People have made comparison to Solo having a worse performance than JL. Now it seems Solo might be a bigger flop than John Carter.

I just don't think Solo lost the bulk of the general audience all by itself.

Yes, very likely. All of those were followups to highly successful and/or anticipated movies that were on a scale Solo was not. Star Wars is not a given to dominate the box office. We've known this since 2002 when the original Spider-Man movie outperformed Attack of the Clones.
    I guess that's fair. However, I do think TLJ left a bad taste in people's mouths. There was no excitement for yet another Star Wars film 6 months out. Not in the same way the MCU can release 2-3 movies within months of each other and they all find success.

Dollars to donuts, this had more impact that angry fans.
    I wasn't only referring to angry fans. Solo lost the general audience domestically and overseas too. People really didn't care for what they saw and didn't bother coming back or telling their friends.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-30-2018 at 03:08 AM.