Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Jared Leto Joker Solo Movie Greenlit

In case you were under the delusion WB has learned anything at all in the last 5 or 6 years

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...os-1202831025/

This actually makes me very sad more than anything.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Do I even have to comment how stupid this is?

Seriously, who's running Warners/ DC right now?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

and I thought that my jokes were bad.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm glad to see Leto's Joker getting a second shot.

Nope nope nope

That's great news.

In before we get a Jesse Eisenberg Luthor movie .

I never thought Leto was a bad choice for the Joker.The execution on the other hand, was terrible. I think he’s more than capable of portraying a more classic version of the Joker sans tattoos, gold teeth, and Ledger voice imitation. And for the movie, I would probably suggest doing something starting with the origin part of “The Killing Joke,” show him building his criminal empire, then end on “Mad Love.” That or make it an adaption of “Under the Red Hood” from the Joker’s perspective.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Should start the movie with Ed Harris, Corey Stoll, Bryan Cranston, Clancy Brown, Mark Strong, or John Malkovich as Lex Sr. go to visit Eisenberg as Lex Jr. in prison and shoot him in the head for being a disappointment, then go after Superman for the rest of the movie.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    you're not expecting a Legion of Doom movie?

I'm getting Solo: A Star Wars Story vibes, but even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm getting Solo: A Star Wars Story vibes, but even worse.
    I haven't seen it yet but I rarely go to the theater to see movies. Even mst of the MCU movies, I waited for Netflix. I know it's "performing below expectations" [translation: making millions but far less than expected] at the box office yet Richard Roeper gave it 3 and 1/2 stars.

As to a Joker movie, mixed feelings. Thumbs up for forging ahead and trying to find something that works but thumbs down for seeming to just keep trying what already clearly isn't working.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So to put this in perspective this now have a second Suicide Squad movie, a 70's era Joker origin movie with Phoenix, a Harley Quinn movie, a Birds of Prey movie, a Harley and Joker movie AND this. Never mind Nightwing, The Batman and assuming it takes off again, Batgirl, or the various Batman themed animated and LEGO movies.

...We can forgive Star Wars and Marvel for being ambitious with movie slates if Batman and Joker material in DC alone has so much in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but I rarely go to the theater to see movies. Even mst of the MCU movies, I waited for Netflix. I know it's "performing below expectations" [translation: making millions but far less than expected] at the box office yet Richard Roeper gave it 3 and 1/2 stars.

As to a Joker movie, mixed feelings. Thumbs up for forging ahead and trying to find something that works but thumbs down for seeming to just keep trying what already clearly isn't working.
    I meant even if it turns out to be good, it'll have a real hard time seeing box office success.

I thought we were getting an unconnected Joker movies with Scorcese behind it and Decaprio and Phoenix being considered for the role. Now we gonna have 2 joker movies assuming both actually get made

I have an idea WB put out an Aquaman teaser. I know they are using some new technology for the underwater stuff but you can put out a trailer with a little that finished and scenes that aren't underwater. A couple character reveal shots.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-06-2018 at 09:30 AM.