Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    more than Rachel in Gold
    More than Rachel in Gold but less than Jean in red. A medium psychic feat haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Fainting can be a very exhaustive process so I'm not here for the Rachel shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I have been thinking about Karma being in Pyslocke roll a lot.. She would have been great in it since the 90s tbh.
    That history would've made that final scene in #12 so much more impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Bottom leftish.
    huh. Sandoval's art is great in this issue, but he really doesn't do Ruth any favors......

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Soule really just ripped off all of Bunn's character work didn't he. The keep-me-honest thing for Psylocke was directly her relationship with Mags. The Archangel resolution, the same. The promise of a Fantomex story, never to come. Mystique's resolution might as well have been a word for word copy of Bunncanny #16.

Did anyone notice the contents page reading Act Three, instead of Two? I'd have had hope that this run was going to be thrown in the bin and forgotten, if it wasn't for the upcoming annual. I think X-Classified will be the X follow-up. Please, please tptb prove me wrong.

I've really disliked this series. It hasn't really been enjoyable for me since the Xavier reveal at the end of the issue. It's just not the book that was needed and I don't think it ever tried to live up to its "Astonishing" title. I just really don't think Soule is a good fit for the X-Books. He's had his moments, but it is long past time for him to move on. Wrap up his Wolverine story, let Xavier be the martyred dead again and let's see the franchise keep with what little life and momentum ResurreXion gave it.

It's nearly verbatim. He resets all of Bunncanny's progress just to do it all over again, then accepts all the praise of doing exactly what Bunn did. He'll probably get praised for fixing Archangel, giving Fantomex a new direction as a character, fixing Mystique's shattered mess of a mind, and establishing a nice dynamic between Betsy and X. But......all the way up to the "If you go too far, I'll kill you" basis of their relationship, this was ripped STRAIGHT OUT OF BUNN'S RUN. He fixed Archangel is the best tie-in of all of Apocalypse Wars, and dedicated ISSUES to the rest. He didn't just wrap it up in the lazy form of "gifts." Which made nooooooooo sense. I just can't help but feel I wasted $$$ when I could've bought two copies of Bunncanny to get everything that happened,,,,,,,again.

Plus, Ink showed up in a cameo which automatically deducts points from the overall score.

BANNED

I can't wait for Return of Wolverine to be entirely about Logan retrieving his lost memories.

I don't understand the point of that scene where Rogue absorbed Mystique

All-New Member

I liked the whole arc of Astonishing Soule. I hear, always the same complain continuously, of everything that is proposed on X-books. always. you are boring. Enjoy reading every now and then, even life.

BANNED

Got a hold on the book at last.

The art is terrible and the story confusing.

So logan's and prof x's deaths were all faked because it happened in the astral world? That's really lame.

Is prof x really back and why does he keep saying he's not prof x?

Aint' X just a new name for prof x?

Why doesn't he want to return to the school?

It's high time X-Men gets a powerful male telepath.

Psylocke, Emma, Karma, Cuckoo, Jean, Prestige are all females.

Cable never really used his telepathic power much, he's always seen as someone using a gun.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    more than Rachel in Gold
    Of course but what was the feat???

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Of course but what was the feat???
    She helped X form a web of all of the world's psychics after hearing the thoughts of every psychic in the world.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't understand the point of that scene where Rogue absorbed Mystique
    Whatever happened on astral plane didn't happen. That's why Logan is still alive.

Rogue absorbing anyone for a long time will mean that Mystique will be in a coma just like when she absorbed ms marvel permanently.

LOusy issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Omg, that was just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Yes 12 issues of exactly this
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    12 issues just so Soule could introduce his new Deus Ex Machina/Gary Stu character. That's nice

Guys, it's Charles Soule, it's the same guy who wrote DoX and IvX.
    Did you guys actually read all 12 issues?
    Wow.
    Plus, Thanks for that summary/review.

Psylocke was boss as usual.

And interesting part with Gambit as well.

Sounds horrible. What is wrong with the X-Office these days? Everything is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That history would've made that final scene in #12 so much more impactful.

huh. Sandoval's art is great in this issue, but he really doesn't do Ruth any favors......

It's nearly verbatim. He resets all of Bunncanny's progress just to do it all over again, then accepts all the praise of doing exactly what Bunn did. He'll probably get praised for fixing Archangel, giving Fantomex a new direction as a character, fixing Mystique's shattered mess of a mind, and establishing a nice dynamic between Betsy and X. But......all the way up to the "If you go too far, I'll kill you" basis of their relationship, this was ripped STRAIGHT OUT OF BUNN'S RUN. He fixed Archangel is the best tie-in of all of Apocalypse Wars, and dedicated ISSUES to the rest. He didn't just wrap it up in the lazy form of "gifts." Which made nooooooooo sense. I just can't help but feel I wasted $$$ when I could've bought two copies of Bunncanny to get everything that happened,,,,,,,again.

Plus, Ink showed up in a cameo which automatically deducts points from the overall score.
    This is my main issue with Soule's Astonishing. He's undone Bunn's work and did exactly what Bunn has done in Uncanny X-Men. Psylocke fixed both Archangel and Mystique in Uncanny and of course he has to do the same thing again but this time with his new pet character, X.

Then again, he gave Gambit 'purpose' to find Fantomex. Didn't Fantomex trapped (chose to be) in the Astral Plane?

Fantastic Member

So is X = Professor X's mind in Fantomex Body? So basically, just Professor X then just you and buffed. Or is there more.

I am confused about this whole X thing.

I dont understand this whole gift for Gambit thing, to look for Fantomex and repay his debt. When X has his body,and stashed his mind in the astral plane. Did he just send Gambit to a wild goose chase? So that's more like a punishment rather than a gift.

This story confused me.