Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    So is X = Professor X's mind in Fantomex Body? So basically, just Professor X then just you and buffed. Or is there more.

I am confused about this whole X thing.

I dont understand this whole gift for Gambit thing, to look for Fantomex and repay his debt. When X has his body,and stashed his mind in the astral plane. Did he just send Gambit to a wild goose chase? So that's more like a punishment rather than a gift.

This story confused me.
    that is my biggest problem, the situation of X is contradictory and confusing

It seemed X used the body of Fantomex as spare parts-like Lego blocks, to make himself a new body with his old powers (those of Charles)
    But how he did that was never explained, Charles isnt telekinetic, he cant rearrange atoms at will. Did he use the reality manipulation of Proteus for that? it was never explained
    and why is he telling Gambit to search for Fantomex when the Fantomex mind is in the astral plane, and his body doesnt exist anymore?

I also dislike how he undid plot points of Bunn to do them all over again

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

LOL at Bishop gift being going back to Limbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    So is X = Professor X's mind in Fantomex Body? So basically, just Professor X then just you and buffed. Or is there more.

I am confused about this whole X thing.

I dont understand this whole gift for Gambit thing, to look for Fantomex and repay his debt. When X has his body,and stashed his mind in the astral plane. Did he just send Gambit to a wild goose chase? So that's more like a punishment rather than a gift.

This story confused me.
    Same here. It was terrible writing.

If Prof X is in Fantomex body then why does he still deny he is Prof Xavier?

After all, X is just an alias just like Cyclops. Xavier is his real name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    that is my biggest problem, the situation of X is contradictory and confusing

It seemed X used the body of Fantomex as spare parts-like Lego blocks, to make himself a new body with his old powers (those of Charles)
    But how he did that was never explained, Charles isnt telekinetic, he cant rearrange atoms at will. Did he use the reality manipulation of Proteus for that? it was never explained
    and why is he telling Gambit to search for Fantomex when the Fantomex mind is in the astral plane, and his body doesnt exist anymore?

I also dislike how he undid plot points of Bunn to do them all over again
    Agree. Many confusing statements and plots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Soule really just ripped off all of Bunn's character work didn't he. The keep-me-honest thing for Psylocke was directly her relationship with Mags. The Archangel resolution, the same. The promise of a Fantomex story, never to come. Mystique's resolution might as well have been a word for word copy of Bunncanny #16.

I didn't read Bunn's work, what did he undo?

BANNED

X is all of the worst attributes of Xavier plus the ego of Fantomex. Blargh. All that nonsense about not wanting to be Charles Xavier any longer is ridiculous. Why bring him back if they're essentially wanting to establish him as a new character and change the man we once knew? I'm gonna be so pissed if X-Classified focuses on X.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the wasted potential of this roster. I remember the initial hype with the cast; I can't believe Soule brought in Bishop, Mystique + Rogue and didn't do anything of value with their characters.

The 'gifts' X granted the team made me cringe, and Soule just recycled character development for Warren + Raven that Bunn already covered in his run of Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Can someone name all of them?

I spot Leader, Mesmero, Dani Moonstar, Quentin Quire, Sterilon, Hope Summers, Emma Frost, Psynapse, Emma Frost, Chamber, Julia Carpenter, Ink, Hummingbird, Rachel Grey, and Gorgon. The rest are either too generic to identify, or aren't recognisable. No Jean Grey, Cable, Exodus, X-Man, Mindblast, No-Girl, Monet or Karma? That seems like a big oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I didn't read Bunn's work, what did he undo?
    He basically just redo (undo/ignore and did the exact same thing) Bunn's work in Uncanny regarding:
    - Archangel situation;
    - Mystique's changing personalities problem;

but instead of Psylocke, it's X who fixed it this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    X is all of the worst attributes of Xavier plus the ego of Fantomex. Blargh. All that nonsense about not wanting to be Charles Xavier any longer is ridiculous. Why bring him back if they're essentially wanting to establish him as a new character and change the man we once knew? I'm gonna be so pissed if X-Classified focuses on X.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the wasted potential of this roster. I remember the initial hype with the cast; I can't believe Soule brought in Bishop, Mystique + Rogue and didn't do anything of value with their characters.

The 'gifts' X granted the team made me cringe, and Soule just recycled character development for Warren + Raven that Bunn already covered in his run of Uncanny X-Men.
    The only X-Men who were important in the storyline were

Psylocke - She was instrumental in most events
    Angel - He has more control over his archangel side now and his relationship with Psylocke
    Fantomex - for his body
    Rogue - Xavier use her to defeat Shadow King due to her fluid personalities ( we don't need Mystique)

The rest aren't important to the storyline.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-06-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

I spot Leader, Mesmero, Dani Moonstar, Quentin Quire, Sterilon, Hope Summers, Emma Frost, Psynapse, Emma Frost, Chamber, Julia Carpenter, Ink, Hummingbird, Rachel Grey, and Gorgon. The rest are either too generic to identify, or aren't recognisable. No Jean Grey, Cable, Exodus, X-Man, Mindblast, No-Girl, Monet or Karma? That seems like a big oversight.
    I think bottom left is either Empath, or emo Hellion (brown hair instead of black makes me think Empath, and Hellion no longer has emo hair) next to him you have Ebony Maw who was recently in the last Avengers movie (a telekinetic I think), and Blindfold (or the Gorgon)

the Mastermind sisters are missing I think

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think bottom left is either Empath, or emo Hellion (brown hair instead of black makes me think Empath, and Hellion no longer has emo hair) next to him you have Ebony Maw who was recently in the last Avengers movie (a telekinetic I think), and Blindfold (or the Gorgon)

the Mastermind sisters are missing I think
    I thought that could be too, but they were far too generic to tell. Plus I think both are supposed to have dark hair not brown, though Hopes hair was also miscolored here. And I wasn't sure if that was Ebony Maw as the art style altered apperance, but it could very well be. And I think that's Gorgon not Blindfold as that appears to be a male (whom I mentioned).

Yes the Masterminds are missing, as is Supergiant, Sinister, Legion, Maddie Pryor, Selene, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Trance, Stryfe, Casandra Nova, the Stepford Cuckoos, Typhoid Mary, Sersi, Mimic, Sage, Kara Kilgrave, Blinky etc. There's no shortage of telepaths

I will only enjoy this if X get a book to explain this mess.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Man this art was bad. This story made no sense and went nowhere, but that’s what I’ve come to expect of Soule

Incredible Member

This was a terrific ending to an amazing run. Can't wait to see what's next!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Man this art was bad. This story made no sense and went nowhere, but that’s what I’ve come to expect of Soule
    Agree. A very confusing ending and bad art .

The only good thing that came out of this series was return of Prof X who keeps calling himself X. LOL

And also Angel can now control his changes.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.

The story ended in a very disappointing way, really.