Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sabretooth and Wolverine: The Paternity Test

Do you prefer that Logan and Creed aren't related, or you think that it would have been better for then to go with Claremont's idea of him being his father.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I liked the father idea. Much better than them being brothers, which I get tired of movie watchers bringing into the comics.

Honestly, I preferred all of Claremont's ideas for Sabretooth over anything we've gotten in the last 15 years with him.

Nah, it's needlessly f$%ked up.

Astonishing Member

Creed should be related to Wild Child, because they had pretty much the same mutation. Wild Child was pretty much a featherweight Sabretooth.
    But they should be related in an irrelevant way, since Creed was born in the 1800s, he may be the grandfather of the grandfather, a distant ancestor.

I think Logan and Creed are too different to be related. Daken and Laura are very similar to Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah, it's needlessly f$%ked up.
    Well, f$%kef up family relationships before the X-Men or Alpha Flight sit well with Logan if you ask me .

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I liked the father idea. Much better than them being brothers, which I get tired of movie watchers bringing into the comics.

Honestly, I preferred all of Claremont's ideas for Sabretooth over anything we've gotten in the last 15 years with him.
    Lol, i remenber when it was just a boy and saw that movie thinking that they were brothers, i quickluñy realize of my mistakes, honestly, something tell me that writters just got tired of Creed at some point, maybe Gorgon remplace him as Wolverine nemesis in the minds of many.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Creed should be related to Wild Child, because they had pretty much the same mutation. Wild Child was pretty much a featherweight Sabretooth.
    But they should be related in an irrelevant way, since Creed was born in the 1800s, he may be the grandfather of the grandfather, a distant ancestor.

I think Logan and Creed are too different to be related. Daken and Laura are very similar to Wolverine.
    Grandfather actually sounds like a better idea.
    Ditto about Wild Child.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-09-2018 at 03:29 PM.

I prefer them not being related.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I prefer them not being related, I like their origin being Creed being angry after Logan humiliated him in a bar fight so now Creed tries to kill Logan

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i wouldnt mind the father angle. but i do love the current king of the Jungle rivary. Vic wanting to kill logan over whos better
    X-Men Forever

I like it the way it is no relation.

I like the brothers thing in the movies myself; I thought it made the feud more interesting. But that's just me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I like the brothers thing in the movies myself; I thought it made the feud more interesting. But that's just me.
    I don't mind the idea but that was closed a long time ago sadly.

Boyfriends
    I joke, but there is something to the subtext of Sabertooth's hostility towards the women Logan gets involved with. Killing most of them comes off like jealousy.
    I think their shared history and mutation it made sense for them to be related.
    I was sure that Dog in the Origin story was Sabertooth, that would've made sense. The movie just borrowed elements from Dog for Sabertooth.

I don't think I could ever imagine a dynamic with Wolverine and Sabertooth where Creed is his real father.

I guess it would add new layers to "runt" to some degree, but that's about it.