Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She did that out of IvX guilt + wanted to make her Kitten feel good.
    And it was ridiculous. Guggs made it so her guilt was to have gone in a war with the Inhumans at all, when if anything it should be because she hadn't done it sooner.

BANNED

Still good, but the pacing needs to be goosed, and get goin'. Namor was the best part, and I liked when Jean referred to the General as Jakub, then admonished him. Movin' kinda slow tho, overall, for bein' 5 issues in. 6 better be a game changer, I'm gettin' bored, and don't really wanna trade wait just yet. Disappointed too, that Gambit & Nightcrawler have had so little to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She accepted being subordinate to Kitty. Anything from that is an improvement.
    She picked Kitty. She’s also like her daughter, of course Ro would do everything possible to help her succeed.

Jean’s like her worst best friend ever who sabotaged her body image, sabotaged her marriage proposal and sabotaged her hair once.

BANNED

Does Storm know about Jean's Eve of Destruction team?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Still good, but the pacing needs to be goosed, and get goin'. Namor was the best part, and I liked when Jean referred to the General as Jakub, then admonished him. Movin' kinda slow tho, overall, for bein' 5 issues in. 6 better be a game changer, I'm gettin' bored, and don't really wanna trade wait just yet. Disappointed too, that Gambit & Nightcrawler have had so little to do.
    Technically Gambit had more of a role on the issue overall than most of the team, is just that we had already seen most of it from the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    She picked Kitty. She’s also like her daughter, of course Ro would do everything possible to help her succeed.
    It's not like Storm has only ever acted as leader while on the X-Men. If she accepted being led by others there's no reason Jean would be a problem. Then again y'all just trolling.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-06-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I like the Sentinel-Jet, although I'm not feeling the paint-job.
    The X matches the team costumes, and the rainbow and flower? Definitely Gabby's handiwork!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

why couldn't storm defend herself she has in the past? I'm not saying jean couldn't do it, even though we already saw her do this first issue. but why not show them both doing it??

we get it jean is awesome but storm as written this issue didnt mske sense to me as to why she is needed at all. and my rationale is that if white wrote her doing all the things she possibly could that would distract from jean.
    I think it's an issue caused by such a large cast, who are all on different points on the power-scale. Jean and Storm arguably haven't had a need for a team in a long while.

You did mistake the writer of this book, but to your greater point - this is a Jean book. Hopefully Taylor will get better at balancing the cast as the book goes on, and I agree that Storm has long been capable of making many characters superfluous - but that's true of many cases depending on where you scale and which characters you use.

Fantastic Member

The least that you could do in your unnecessary "WHY ISN'T STORM GETTING FEATZZZZ" tirade is get the writer's name right.
    Well, I think TT said people will rotate on this book, so maybe/hopefully, Storm will rotate OUT, in the very near future. Don't know what she was doing in Gold and really don't care. I'm a fan of the Jean character building new relationships and friendships, so I would be content to see Ororo exit with a "take care and let me know if you need anything."

In other news, I was never big on Cassandra Nova but I have become very fond of her as a villainess. Her scheme is insidious, cunning and innately evil. She is a wonderful Marvel villain, and this is coming from someone who was never a fan of GM's run or much of anything derived from it.

Namor was absolutely awesome.

I've also become more fond of Nightcrawler then I have in the past.

One thing that is going to hamstring Jean is her lack of guile. Jean's no fool (usually), she is clever and can be quite tricky when she's trying but she is still 4 moves behind the play where Cassandra is concerned and I think the more traditional X-Leaders have a sense of strategy that Jean doesn't. I'm interested in seeing if Jean evolves from this or if it's something that will repeatedly get in her way.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this was a ok issue. I like that Jean used her powers to show the troops the other side of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I thought this was a ok issue. I like that Jean used her powers to show the troops the other side of the argument.
    It's good to see heroes resolving things peacefully from time to time.

But I hope Jean stops playing on the defensive soon. Cassandra is gaining ground fast and the longer it takes to do something more the situation will get worse.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.

BANNED

Technically Gambit had more of a role on the issue overall than most of the team, is just that we had already seen most of it from the preview. ...
    Not just this ish, in totality, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not just this ish, in totality, so far.
    Of course. This is the first issue where he's with the team at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The X matches the team costumes, and the rainbow and flower? Definitely Gabby's handiwork!

Oh, I know. Still doesn't change that I personally don't like it, but if y'all do, that's great.

BANNED

Of course. This is the first issue where he's with the team at all lol.
    And that was my point, that it took this long, lol.

I think this would have made for a better cover.

Im not a fan of the character portraits