Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

I keep going back to that rubble scene because it really shows how quickly this trash must get written.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would love someone to go back an see where characters other than Kitty have been able to "shine" without being overshadowed by Kitty. This book is not the place to shine if you aren't Katherine Ann Pryde. While there have been moments, everyone who is in this book has been tarnished.
    When she was locked up in the negative zone. It was infuriating because the team acted like a real team with no one person barking orders. the SECOND she was free they all acted the same dumb "what do we do Kitty?" bullshit. It simply was mind blowing how you can see literally see how Gugg's changes the dynamics simply because Kitty is in the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think Guggs thinks that because he's devoted more than 10 minutes to writing an issue it feels like forever and therefore a saga. A saga is like 4-6 issues for me.
    Oh I'm absolutely sure he's laughing all the way to the bank. This is an easy paycheck and as long as the editors & Marvel allow this crap to continue they deserve everything they get. Unfortunately we're screwed over in the process.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    When she was locked up in the negative zone. It was infuriating because the team acted like a real team with no one person barking orders. the SECOND she was free they all acted the same dumb "what do we do Kitty?" bullshit. It simply was mind blowing how you can see literally see how Gugg's changes the dynamics simply because Kitty is in the panel.
    I almost was going to add "outside of the arc where she was imprisoned in the Negative Zone". Because that is literally the only time.

Oh I'm absolutely sure he's laughing all the way to the bank. This is an easy paycheck and as long as the editors & Marvel allow this crap to continue they deserve everything they get. Unfortunately we're screwed over in the process.
    I know. It's really sad and infuriating, but Marvel doesn't care.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I, on the other hand, is the opposite, I don't read sarcastic biased review, I do read Gold and it's quite good so far.

I love that almost every X-Man contributes to solve the disaster unlike X-Men blue where people like Nightshade didn't contribute anything.
    So you didn't read this review?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    So you didn't read this review?
    Also I don't know what Gold they are reading but apparently it's good.

Fantastic Member

Hi guys!! I read this in the previous days... I found it pretty bad and boring. That's my opinion for it. I think that the Wedding stories don't go well. Batman's wedding feels more... Hmm grand or better handled I suppose.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I'm so confused as to why he is still allowed to write. This has to be the worst run I've ever had the displeasure of looking at. It reads like a parody.

BANNED

They should've sent him packing when they fired the editor who hired him. Though it doesn't seem that there's much support for him in the editorial offices (or writers, considering Guggenheim's stuff gets ignored, mocked or has his characters stolen in other books) with both Ketchum and Alonso gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Wow. Where did you get this info (i.e attachment)? I am trying to get more info on other X-Men...
    It's from Marvel's Handbook Master Edition that came out in the 90s.

Here's the link: http://phantombunburyist.freedomforc...ipp12/CtoD.htm

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They should've sent him packing when they fired the editor who hired him. Though it doesn't seem that there's much support for him in the editorial offices (or writers, considering Guggenheim's stuff gets ignored, mocked or has his characters stolen in other books) with both Ketchum and Alonso gone.
    As they should since Gold, and for that matter Blue, seems like they don't even fit in the same realm as Red. It is crazy lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    As they should since Gold, and for that matter Blue, seems like they don't even fit in the same realm as Red. It is crazy lol.
    A good writer could easily come along and say all that happened in Gold & Blue DID happen in an alt. reality and it would not only make total sense it would be a welcome relief.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    A good writer could easily come along and say all that happened in Gold & Blue DID happen in an alt. reality and it would not only make total sense it would be a welcome relief.
    What have been the biggest contradictions beetween Gold and Blue?.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    What have been the biggest contradictions beetween Gold and Blue?.
    I think the biggest problem is that "big" things happen in Gold, and "big" things happen in Blue. But you rarely ever see those things referenced outside of their own books. Example: In Gold you had the whole Mutant Deportation Act thing that was going forward. That's important sh#t but in no other book outside Gold is it referenced. Or the huge alien god that they fought in Paris. Or any number of things. At least with Blue some of their plot points are connected to other books (outside of the X-books). But as a whole, the current editorial and writing direction is "write like your book is the only book around and we'll maybe do an event with one or two".

But biggest contradictions in Gold? That Storm and Rachel are competent and that Piotr is't a prop to Kitty's pedestal compared to how they are portrayed in Gold.