Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm more concerned that there might be violence in this movie. Some children are victims of violence, so it is outrageous that the film might have characters hitting one another. This shouldn't be allowed so close to the holidays.
    I mean, it's Spider-Man. Violence against a minor isn't all that unexpected by this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's Spider-Man. Violence against a minor isn't all that unexpected by this point...
    Sarcasm is hard on the internet, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sarcasm is hard on the internet, isn't it?
    It is, but I usually just assume Mets is a little too straight-laced for sarcasm .

It is, but I usually just assume Mets is a little too straight-laced for sarcasm .
    I was fooled too for a second.

Anyway, I don't think the divorce is a big deal. Would I have preferred a happily married Peter? Sure. But they can make great dramatic story with divorce too. Now, if they make Peter just a miserable middle aged looser just because of that and is a butt of all jokes? Then I'd have a problem.

BANNED

I know Mets is taking the piss out of me, but that too is a point...it's an incredibly violent movie from what I've heard. There's a chance the film is just too bleak to be evenly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I know Mets is taking the piss out of me, but that too is a point...it's an incredibly violent movie from what I've heard. There's a chance the film is just too bleak to be evenly balanced.
    Now that's just rediculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Now that's just rediculous.
    No, it's a very real sentiment. I frequent another forum where many have been sharing my opinion, one suggested the film doesn't know what it wants to be, a comedy, a deconstruction piece, a Miles movie etc

No, it's a very real sentiment. I frequent another forum where many have been sharing my opinion, one suggested the film doesn't know what it wants to be, a comedy, a deconstruction piece, a Miles movie etc
    That sounds like confirmation bias, and I doubt if the dude that thinks the movie doesn't know what it wants to be has seen the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    That sounds like confirmation bias, and I doubt if the dude that thinks the movie doesn't know what it wants to be has seen the movie.
    I don't know if he has myself, but some have already seen it. So far I've only ever seen one negative review and the biggest criticism that person had throughout the video was the animation and frame rates were tough on the eyes.

Got to see an advance screening in NYC this week with a friend that works at Marvel. Joe Q, Peter David, Tom DeFalco, Larry Hama, and Dan Slott were there (I got to briefly fanboy out with Slott afterward).

SPOILER-FREE COMMENTS:

Folks, there is so much love and care that went into this movie. It's such a love letter to the entire Spider Verse (and its creators!) and has redefined what comic book movies can be. I wanted to climb inside it at points! Can't wait to see it again and talk about it with you all. The hype is absolutely real. You're going to want to see this twice as there's no way your brain can process this level of fun.

I will say that whoever did the trailers and all of the preview clips deserves a huge bonus because this movie is not quite what they showed you (it's somehow better).

It took a weird concept like the multi-verse and not only successfully introduced the premise (and a number of other Spider-characters), but somehow made it seem effortless. My Marvel friend is actually not a comic book fan (more about the movies) and had no problem following everything and loved it.

And the old school/hardcore fans will be moved by how beautifully the Spider-Verse comic world has been translated for the screen. It really has something for everyone, no matter who your favorite Spidey is.

For those that might be concerned, rest assured that it's not a "Peter vs. Miles" thing in terms of whose story this is. This is about Spider-Man, and ***all*** of them are served incredibly well by the script. Enjoy the trailers, but don't go in thinking that you know what you're in for. It's so much more. :-)

If you've made up your mind not to see it because you don't like what you're assuming they're showing you is the actual/full story within the movie, then hey...it's your loss. Me, I'm going to see this a few times in the theater!
    Last edited by Project37; 12-07-2018 at 04:40 AM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

That sort of makes me feel better if the marketing tells you one thing and it's another.

I'm telling you, this thing is a work of art on every level: story, script, characters, performances, soundtrack, and of course the stunning visuals (so many Easter Eggs, your head will spin). The creative team has woven a beautiful intricate web. I think it's more than earned all of the advance praise it's getting. It's not just hype, this is something truly special and new.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

which is the opposite of what everyone else has said about the movie. and there are a lot of reactions.

spoilers:
    Marriage and commitment are considered some of the greatest responsibilities
    end of spoilers

No, it outright character assassinates him to a lot of people. The only people who'll relate to it are cowards who take the option.

Promoting this option to impressionable kids watching the film is wrong. Some of them might even be suffering from the effects of this, sure they, like the cowards, can relate, but do you want them reminded of what they're going through personally? This? Close to the holidays?

Being an "average joe" does not always have to mean "perennial loser"
    I'm sorry, but this is complete bullshit. it's a very immature and judgemental view about marriage and divorce.

Some people are harming their children more by not divorcing than they would if they divorced. Claiming people who divorce are cowards is really childish.

Also, people whose life didn't turn around the way they tought it would could rejoice seeing how a hero like spider-man can go through the same problems and still get back up in the end.

You're trying to promote (to use your own words) a twisted view of what marriage and divorce is, because it fits your agenda, but I don't see the creators of this movie using it in that way.

Marriage shouldn't be a prison. If you really think people should live a miserable life because divorce is bad, it's jud sad.

The only thing wrong on this board is you calling people cowards. . Peter Parker would never do that.

Okay, I've read the 27 messages where Miles to go tells us he won't go watch this movie. So I decided that even though going to the theater costs a lot, I will go watch Aquaman and I will bring my son with me to watch Spider-verse.