Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Joining in on the agreement that this is perhaps the best Spider-Film of them all. Between the very unique animation, fantastic story, heavy characterization, and its premise, this is not only the best Spider-Film, it pretty much is the best love-letter to Spider-Man and all what the character is and represents.

I'm also personally glad to see the US box office doing good, because for here in Philippines, I have a bad feeling that this may not do so well. It released at the same time as Aquaman. Saturday when I watched both films, Aquaman was showing on multiple screens, and the cinema I went to was filled to maximum seating capacity. Spider-Verse, by comparison, just had one screen, and less than half of the seats of the cinema filled.

Astonishing Member

Best Spider-Man film EVER, without a doubt!

Saw this on opening day and I went in not really sure how it would be. I was one of the people hopeful for it to be awesome because I'm a huge Spider-Fan (Peter, Miles, and Gwen all in one movie is like, a nerd wet dream for me) but the trailers didn't exactly blow me away.

But holy ****, the movie did. The trailers do not do it justice. It's total eye candy with the art style and visual choices they make. It feels like someone drew a comic book, and a wizard came and cast a spell on the comic book to turn it into a movie. It has all the charm and humanity that makes a superhero story (And these particular characters) resonate, and it's not only funny but very clever in some of the jokes and spins that they make. I totally, completely LOVED this movie. You could argue it's the best Spider-Man movie we've had, it's certainly the most true to the comics of any, and my most immediate thought while the credits rolled other than "That was freaking awesome!" is simply that I want more. I wanna see it again already and I hope everyone of the many things they can spin out of this is up to this level. It's an achievement and shining mark for animated films this year on top of superhero films.

Totally worth the ticket price and theater experience. I hope it makes a lot of money and gets a ton of support because studios need to know that stuff like this is what we want more of!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Definitely agree that this was one of the best Spider-Man films ever and if they only sneak ma boy Superior Spidey into the sequel (and make him not just a villain but more an anti-hero) it’ll be golden. I would happily let Sony keep working on these animated films and leave Marvel Studios to play with live action Peter and Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Definitely agree that this was one of the best Spider-Man films ever and if they only sneak ma boy Superior Spidey into the sequel (and make him not just a villain but more an anti-hero) it’ll be golden. I would happily let Sony keep working on these animated films and leave Marvel Studios to play with live action Peter and Miles.
    I dunno, I think with Miles getting to be the lead and main character of his own Spider-Verse series of movies, I think there's a little less incentive to introduce him in the MCU, especially if he ended up playing second fiddle to Peter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, I think with Miles getting to be the lead and main character of his own Spider-Verse series of movies, I think there's a little less incentive to introduce him in the MCU, especially if he ended up playing second fiddle to Peter.
    Lets see MONEY is enough incentive to bring him over. You don't need both in a movie all the time.

I mean there is NOTHING stopping Miles from being in say Black Panther 2 or 3 or 4 as a student from his school visiting Wakanda as the Skrulls come to visit.

Remember we don't who FUNDS Miles's school. That opens the door for Iron Man, Panther, Pro Xavier, Doom or whoever is rich to fund it and lead to a story with Miles running into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the end of the day Tom Holland isn’t gonna want to play Peter forever in the MCU, and assuming Amy Pascal and Sony doesn’t rip him out altogether with their Venomverse masterschemes Marvel will need a replacement, and Miles has already been teased. They can pass the torch onto him or even have both operating for a while, really it depends on what Marvel Studios and Sony agree to do with them, together or separately.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets see MONEY is enough incentive to bring him over. You don't need both in a movie all the time.
    I mean, I think Marvel Studios has proven by now that they don't need to have the main moneymakers as their go-to's to be successful, and they'll prioritize what they feel narratively fits over anything else and I don't really see Miles working until Holland is PS4 Peter's age.
    I mean there is NOTHING stopping Miles from being in say Black Panther 2 or 3 or 4 as a student from his school visiting Wakanda as the Skrulls come to visit.
    So he's not a Spider-Man character then? Considering Sony wouldn't let Coogler use Kraven I don't think Miles would be allowed for a future Black Panther movie.
    Remember we don't who FUNDS Miles's school. That opens the door for Iron Man, Panther, Pro Xavier, Doom or whoever is rich to fund it and lead to a story with Miles running into them.
    We haven't seen Miles in school in the MCU.
    At the end of the day Tom Holland isn’t gonna want to play Peter forever in the MCU, and assuming Amy Pascal and Sony doesn’t rip him out altogether with their Venomverse masterschemes Marvel will need a replacement, and Miles has already been teased. They can pass the torch onto him or even have both operating for a while, really it depends on what Marvel Studios and Sony agree to do with them, together or separately.
    But a lot their handling of Peter and his Spider-Man is reminiscent of Miles.

Once Holland is done I don't see them going back to the well of a teenage Spider-Man unless they dramatically overhaul Miles.

Sony is going to yank everything related to Spider-Man from the MCU once their contract is finished. No chance of Miles in the MCU after the Home series is done.

ALTHOUGH, one particular thing I noticed is the use of Kingpin in ItSV. Kingpin is character strictly owned by Disney/Marvel, coming with the rights of Daredevil. So maybe they made some character interchange? Although, if they did, I doubt that had been Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Sony is going to yank everything related to Spider-Man from the MCU once their contract is finished. No chance of Miles in the MCU after the Home series is done.

ALTHOUGH, one particular thing I noticed is the use of Kingpin in ItSV. Kingpin is character strictly owned by Disney/Marvel, coming with the rights of Daredevil. So maybe they made some character interchange? Although, if they did, I doubt that had been Miles.
    I think Kingpin is one of those characters who comes under both licenses, as demonstrated by the number of times he’s appeared in Spider-Man video games. He first appeared in a Spider-Man comic so Sony could use him in the right contexts.

I think Kingpin is one of those characters who comes under both licenses, as demonstrated by the number of times he’s appeared in Spider-Man video games. He first appeared in a Spider-Man comic so Sony could use him in the right contexts.
    I think the only time there was a conflict was when they wanted Kingpin to appear in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, but couldn't use him.

They also had to ask permission to Fox to use him in the MTV animated series. And probably the only reason they agreed was because it was for just one episode.

Video games, I imagine, fall under a different category, since Spider-Man has also been showing up in various crossover video games, pre-dating even Disney's acquisition of Marvel. He even showed up in a game based on the Super Hero Squad show, but he never showed up in the actual series since they didn't have the screen rights to him.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 12-18-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Finally saw it today and add me to the "Best Spider-Man movie" camp.

This film felt like a giant love letter to the entire Mythos of Spider-Man while simultaneously being the perfect Miles Morales origin story. Looking forward to buying this on Blu-ray and can't wait for the sequel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Miles will be in the MCU is a few years. Black Panther was to big not too. Marvel will want a new black lead.

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Miles will be in the MCU is a few years. Black Panther was to big not too. Marvel will want a new black lead.
    I think they're more likely to look for that in another property then replace their current Spider-Man, but that's just my two cents.