Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    seems like a good time to be an mj fan
    When was the last good time to be an MJ fan? 2007 ?

Heads-up: For some inexplicable reason, there are now official clips on YouTube of key scenes in the movie (including the ending?!?!?!?) from comicbook.com and IGN. If you haven't seen the movie yet, then please, please, please, please do yourself a favor and don't watch any more preview clips. You don't want to cheat yourself of the emotional payoffs that are waiting for you. I don't know why they went that route, but from one fan to others, I'm telling you that it's worth the wait.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And Spencer's run so far, and Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man as Tom Taylor is keen to write her and Peter together and cites the pairing as his all time favourite.
    And yet you're miffed that one piece of media doesn't have her front and center in a "happily ever after" scenario, despite from all reports 95% of the rest of the film is Spider-Man through and through. This isn't an attack, I just don't quite understand it.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    And yet you're miffed that one piece of media doesn't have her front and center in a "happily ever after" scenario, despite from all reports 95% of the rest of the film is Spider-Man through and through. This isn't an attack, I just don't quite understand it.
    People can disagree with certain directions/developments even if the rest of the overall character representation is sound. It just rubs me the wrong way is all, especially since the motivation for the development, which I've gathered from spoilers, feels completely detached from how the comics have handled that particular aspect of Peter's life

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    spoilers:
    He walks up to her apartment door with flowers and she opens it, but we don't see anything beyond that. Though it's safe to assume they got back together. Since the real reason they split up was because MJ wanted kids but Peter didn't at the time. But spending time with Miles made him realize he's ready for it.
    end of spoilers
    So Peter has a really nice arc in this movie I'm sure you would enjoy it.
    spoilers:
    Mayday really should have been in this movie if that was what they were going for.
    end of spoilers

So as Peter fan, am I going to enjoy the movie too, or it revolves around Miles mostly?

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    So as Peter fan, am I going to enjoy the movie too, or it revolves around Miles mostly?
    I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but it's worth repeating:

For those that might be concerned, rest assured that it's not a "Peter vs. Miles" thing in terms of whose story this is. This is about Spider-Man, and ***all*** of them are served incredibly well by the script. Enjoy the trailers, but don't go in thinking that you know what you're in for. It's so much more. :-)
    Last edited by Project37; 12-11-2018 at 04:47 AM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    Mayday really should have been in this movie if that was what they were going for.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It likely means if this Peter shows up again for the sequel, he could be bringing Annie and MJ as Spinerett alongside him
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Spider-Verse is rating much higher than Aquaman on Rotten Tomatoes. It has lost it's 100% fresh rating, but only by one percent.

Spider-Verse is rating much higher than Aquaman on Rotten Tomatoes. It has lost it's 100% fresh rating, but only by one percent.
    Who could possibly have -

Of course...

Who could possibly have -

Of course...
    It's because he's not even in it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's because he's not even in it .
    (That's one area I think Spider-Man movies have failed ever since the Raimi films.)

People can disagree with certain directions/developments even if the rest of the overall character representation is sound. It just rubs me the wrong way is all, especially since the motivation for the development, which I've gathered from spoilers, feels completely detached from how the comics have handled that particular aspect of Peter's life
    Indeed, most of my comic book related experiences are disagreeing with small elements but overall being fine with the product. Just don't think of it as the 616 Spidey.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nah spoilers:
    I would say let Disney have her, April, Benjy and Annie. I mean Disney is a Family company and they do own the TV rights to Spider-man, right ?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

(That's one area I think Spider-Man movies have failed ever since the Raimi films.)

Well said. I mean where’s JJJ when the Avengers saved New York ?