Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default New trailer for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. UPDATE: NEW TRAILER JUST OUT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Hbz2jLxvQ

Looks good. Very happy with the Spider who appears to close it out.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 10-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.

I think this trailer puts too much emphasis on other Spiders who aren't Miles.

BANNED

All the Miles stuff I loved
    Not so hot on overexposed Spider-Gwen (MJ gets snubbed again) or loser homeless Peter

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Wow. Impressed! Doesn't look like a straight up Spider-Verse adaptation, which I'm fine with. I'd rather have a Peter- Miles mentorship movie anyway.

This is me from start to finish the trailer:

"Hmm. Looks cool. Different animation style. Nice. A Spider-Man(Peter Parker) at his peak. Awesome. Wait, why does he look like he's 48? Is that a Green Goblin... with wings? Looks like that demon creature from Tekken. Aw Gwen Stacy, WHY?!"

Why does she nearly always have to be the cooler one? Show us her falling on her face sometimes.

Story looks good but I think I'm the only person not to like the animation. The cityscapes look great, the characters designs look grrat, but when the characters move it looks Janky to me.

I'll have to give this a view when I can. I haven't been exactly enthused about the movie (Miles is not a character I find engaging), but I have been curious about it and seeing positive reception here is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Story looks good but I think I'm the only person not to like the animation. The cityscapes look great, the characters designs look grrat, but when the characters move it looks Janky to me.
    I saw the first trailer and I have to agree. I like the idea they were going for, but I don't think it quite hit the mark.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So if I'm going to put on my theory cap for a second, I get the feeling that the first and third acts are all going to be Miles and his universe while the second act, the middle of the movie, will involved Middle!Aged Peter taking Miles into the "Spider-Verse" to train him.

For people complaining about Gwen Stacy, I'm willing to bet she's only making a cameo at best here. And I'm expecting other AU Spider-Men like 2099, Spider-UK, Noir, Punk, etc. will similarly make cameos during this segment.

I'm also expecting the older Pete here to be borderline retired, given his unkempt appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if Aunt May and/or MJ died in his Universe, which is why he puts so much emphasis on Miles to protect a particular person in his life.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 06-06-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

No your not alone. The trailer alone was giving me a headache. I'm not going to be able to watch a whole film animated like this. Why can't they just make it smooth and natural looking like Pixar instead of trying to be all stylish?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Mighty Member

I'm glad that someone else said something. It's like the framerate is off or something... It's not fluid... Anyway I do love the character designs. I love it when things are a bit stylized.

Something tells me that Gwen will be stoic, serious, and...boring...which is a shame really...

That said, this is the stuff Sony should be doing with their ownership of Spider-Man...not trying to randomly use as many characters as possible (random ones at that) to keep Disney from having access to them. That and making animated movies for...another...Spider-Man franchise they own...but that's beside the point. This actually looks interesting.

iMan 42s

Part of me actually really enjoys how kind of trashy Peter is in this. Like they aren't presenting him as the moral fiber but the guy to teach Miles and that's probably the best place to go with something like this. Make Peter look good, just not that good that he overshadows the main character. A few quick things I noticed;

-The Spider-man at the beginning on the TV screen looks to have the build of Peter. This might be a way of presenting the other Spider-man early through a sequence we see earlier but because both wear similar costumes it's not something we immediately notice. Maybe even setup for that Peter being in that universe for awhile?
    -Both Electro-proof suit and Secret War suit make a cameo (not sure where this takes place but somebody is collecting suits).
    -The footage also shows a lot of people around the big guy during what may be an explosion in white coats and considering the state of the room Peter is fighting the Goblin in and the Spider that presumably bites Miles, this could also be where Miles gets his powers from. He might have tracked down where the spider came from.
    -The Daily Bugle makes a brief appearance. Not sure where this scene takes place though.
    - Spider-man is fighting Prowler in a big room with spotted paneling which is the same place he's fighting the Goblin.
    -Framing shows Mile's dad at one end of the alley presumably with Miles cloaking so he doesn't know it's him but when Miles leaves his father can't be seen behind him.

I really liked that Miles didn't know what comic-con was. Of course it's a spot for cosplayers which fits the joke, but it's also a funny little thing about Mile's personality that he wouldn't know but also that maybe his universe doesn't have one and that Peter pays some sort of attention to it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Wow!!! That trailer has me totally hooked! Can’t wait!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!