Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm happy for it.

Still not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Early reactions to first screening are good. (take with grain of salt like all early reactions)

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-spider-verse/
    Good to hear .

Anyone know when the review embargo gets lifted ?
    Last edited by Iowa; 11-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    Anyone know when the revirew embargo gets lifted ?
    Social media embargo lifted tomorrow, review embargo the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Social media embargo lifted tomorrow, review embargo the day after.
    thanks , been hearing good things

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I would question Sony's overconfidence on this, but considering how great the movie looks and the positive buzz, I guess I can't blame them in this instance.

Wow, I've been wanting to see the Voltron team take a crack at something Spider-Man related for a while now, but I never thought I'd see it happen like this .

I think Sony officially wins when it comes to Spider-Man in animation at this point. Sorry Marvel .

But man, just imagining the action sequences we'll get from Dos Santos is crazy. I wonder if the sequel will still be Miles-centric or feature a new protagonist?

The all-female animated movie probably has a better chance of being successful then Silk, Jackpot, or Silver Sable/Black Cat movies.

Gwen will obviously be in it, but I can see them fitting in Spider-Girl and a Spider-Woman (which versions will probably be any one's guess). I kind of hope Mary Jane will get to play a big role in this movie, powers or no powers.

Spectacular Member

Will Gwenpool be in the spin-off?

BANNED

Sounds like common sense kicked in for Sony. The females collectively will probably be far more interesting.

Gwenpool is such a odd creature. She was created as a homage to Gwen Stacy (rights hold by Sony), combined with Deadpool (rights by Fox, soon Disney), but she's got nothing really to do with them. Overall, I don't think so. I doubt that Sony holds any rights on her.

I expect Gwen to be the main lead, with Peni making a return. I'm not sure if Silk, since they're already making a live action movie with her (which I actually doubt they'll ever make anyway...). If we keep them at six members, like ItSV, I imagine Anya and Jess are nearly a given, since they both add something different to a team dynamic. Maybe some other gag character, like Spider-Ham, but I can't think of any who fits the gig. Spinneret might be too since there's already a MJ in Gwen's world, since this kind of reality jumping stories really like to highlight the difference between the protagonist's version of a character vs one from another reality.

New info on the Spider-Women movie.

Apparently it will feature "three generations of women with Spidey powers". So yeah, completely ignore my previous comment.

New info on the Spider-Women movie.

Apparently it will feature "three generations of women with Spidey powers". So yeah, completely ignore my previous comment.
    I wonder what they mean by three generations...like, three stories focused on different generations, or women with different age groups?

Although I guess if we go by the latter we have adult (Jessica Drew), a young adult (Gwen), and someone in the middle (Silk) if they go by the Spider-Women mini. Or throw in Anya if you need a teenager.

But if they do a female Spider-Verse movie without featuring a Spider-Girl that's the daughter of Peter Parker, I will be very disappointed.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't Spider-Woman's inclusion here be a bit of issue for Sony, as unless I'm mistake, while Sony owns the name Spider-Woman, Marvel/Disney itself is the one who owns the character of Jessica Drew and her backstory? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that once. Sure, maybe they could always just use one of the other Spider-Women instead or go the Ultimate Spider-Woman route (if they are at least able to use the name Jessica Drew).

Either way, I'm hoping this means we'll get Mayday Parker.