Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Do you think Netflix or Disney will partner with Sony to try to make a Miles Morales centered cartoon series base of his movie like most animation studios do with their movies eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I could be wrong, but wouldn't Spider-Woman's inclusion here be a bit of issue for Sony, as unless I'm mistake, while Sony owns the name Spider-Woman, Marvel/Disney itself is the one who owns the character of Jessica Drew and her backstory? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that once. Sure, maybe they could always just use one of the other Spider-Women instead or go the Ultimate Spider-Woman route (if they are at least able to use the name Jessica Drew).
    Or hello Julia Carpenter .
    Either way, I'm hoping this means we'll get Mayday Parker.
    Yeah, I'll be really bummed if they don't use or acknowledge Mayday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Do you think Netflix or Disney will partner with Sony to try to make a Miles Morales centered cartoon series base of his movie like most animation studios do with their movies eventually?
    Quite frankly I kind of wish Sony was doing a new Spider-Man cartoon instead of Marvel Animation at this point.

Although the current cartoon is presumed to be ending, and I can see a new Spider-Man cartoon being primed for the Disney streaming service, but I'm not sure if I see Disney and Sony partnering up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I could be wrong, but wouldn't Spider-Woman's inclusion here be a bit of issue for Sony, as unless I'm mistake, while Sony owns the name Spider-Woman, Marvel/Disney itself is the one who owns the character of Jessica Drew and her backstory? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that once. Sure, maybe they could always just use one of the other Spider-Women instead or go the Ultimate Spider-Woman route (if they are at least able to use the name Jessica Drew).
    From what I understand, Sony can fully use Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman. Marvel/Disney can use Jessica Drew, but they can't name her Spider-Woman nor have her display any of her powers. This comes from the Sony email leak. Tried to find another source, but the blog I originally read this no longer works :/

Doubt it. Disney is happy producing their shows. I don't think they want another alliance with Sony seeing how they are currently piggybacking from the MCU's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    From what I understand, Sony can fully use Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman. Marvel/Disney can use Jessica Drew, but they can't name her Spider-Woman nor have her display any of her powers. This comes from the Sony email leak. Tried to find another source, but the blog I originally read this no longer works :/
    Reminds me of how the Madame Hydra rights went out.

Fox got her as Viper but Marvel owns her as Madame Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Presumably for Sony though, that would mean they'd have to alter a lot of Jessica's backstory as I would imagine there would be quite a bit in it they wouldn't be able to use (i.e. her being a Agent of SHIELD, brainwashed by Hydra, Secret Invasion, etc).

sounds like Sony has other plans with movie sequels and spinoffs already in the works

Incredibly excited about the Spider-Women movie! Gwen, Jessica, and Cindy seem the most likely main candidates, but I hope they can work in Anya, Mayday, Julia, and any others. Also the directors from Voltron doing this and the Spider-Verse sequel is also incredibly great to hear!

Correct Jessica is shared between Marvel and Sony.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Incredibly excited about the Spider-Women movie! Gwen, Jessica, and Cindy seem the most likely main candidates, but I hope they can work in Anya, Mayday, Julia, and any others. Also the directors from Voltron doing this and the Spider-Verse sequel is also incredibly great to hear!
    I wonder if they'd go for someone "bigger" name then Silk, like a Spider-Girl.

Unless it tones down on the Spider-Verse stuff it would be such a waste not to feature Mayday or at least some variant of Spider-Girl that's a daughter of Peter. That concept is woefully underutilized in adaptions.

I'm curious who the villain might be.

Not pinning my hopes on this, but it'd be great if they had Mayday and Annie-May as part of the all-girls team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'd go for someone "bigger" name then Silk, like a Spider-Girl.

Unless it tones down on the Spider-Verse stuff it would be such a waste not to feature Mayday or at least some variant of Spider-Girl that's a daughter of Peter. That concept is woefully underutilized in adaptions.

I'm curious who the villain might be.
    After Venom's success and Morbius almost certainly set to come out soon, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony decides to focus on "dark" or "villain-centric" stories for their live-action films, so they may decide to slide any concepts they had for the Silk movie into a Spider-Women one. But yeah, getting a Mayday or an Annie, etc. involved would be really good to see, and if they're using them to represent generations, she can stand for the "Future Spider".

Sony is counting their chickens before they hatch again.

Some reactions from the movie.. (Yes, everyone is loving it)

Proper reviews are coming out right now. Seems like most loved it

It's odd that tickets for this aren't on sale yet
    We need better comics