Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just like to point out that literally the only piece of Spider-Man media that will have Mary Jane in a major role (or even Mary Jane in it at all) is the Insomniac Spider-Man game.
    True....hell MJ is currently out of the picture in the newspaper strip at the moment (and it's even been established she finds the publicity tour incredibly lonesome without Peter being there)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Mary Jane is supposedly broken up with Peter in that game too.

So odds are she won't play a big role or her focus role is getting back with Peter.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

So odds are she won't play a big role or her focus role is getting back with Peter.
    Well she's playable in it so odds are she's important to some degree

Most people here seem to be complaining about Gwen being here even though Earth-65 version that this Gwen will be based on has ties to 1610/616 Miles plus she made HER debut issue and series start thanks to 'Spider-Verse' event arc so it would be fitting and EXPECTED for her to show up here in a movie that has the name 'Spider-Verse'.

Other complaints I'm finding is 'Female A is here but I want Female C!' I want A,B, C, D....

One thing I will agree with and that her writer does but the other other writers don't is show her inexperienced or falling on her face like Peter and the rest of the Spider does.

Now we read many characters and I'm sure we all had characters we love but then another writer writes them and they are either 'great at everything' while in their series they mess up all the time and they know it or B they are 'disaster at everything' while in their series they do good and bad but push themselves and we see how they think.

Being a Spider-Gwen Earth-65 fan I feel more in character for her to be messing up/inexperienced just like Peter and Miles. She relies heavily on a mentor (her Dad and 616 Jessica Drew) and makes tons of mistakes and plays many things by ear. She often needs help many times to take down bad guys beyond her level or when she makes a mistake or for personal problems and rage/self disappointment that she has plenty off.

So as the person wrote seeing her being good at everything or praised all the time HURTS her as a character we can latch onto plus is inaccurate of the character in her own series. Like everybody she is a person and must be show making good and bad calls and falling on her face. Falling on her face is human and we latch more to that then gods.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

She will have a major role, the whole game sees her interacting with Peter and working with him professionally as well as personally, and you can control her on missions.

The reason for their break-up is said to be largely career-driven, as he's a superhero and she's a journalist. They've had no time for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Seriously? No Ganke?
    I wonder if Homecoming killed the opportunity of having Ganke be in Miles' supporting cast in mainstream media.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    I wonder if Homecoming killed the opportunity of having Ganke be in Miles' supporting cast in mainstream media.
    He's going to be in the Insomniac game, so I don't think so. If anything, it's the over reliance on making sure Peter is constantly a teenager that does it. So what ends up happening is Miles just gets added to his circle of friends (ala the most recent cartoons).
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Enjoyed the trailer for the most part. Excited to see Miles front and center. Though I do feel a bit like Peter and Gwen steal some of the spotlight. Personally I’d rather have a stand alone miles movie then as a post/mid credit scene show the spider-verse. Peter’s build seems a bit too bulky in my opinion he’s never been overly muscular so I’m not sure why it was he looked so big in that jacket while eating. I’d love to see a Gwen standalone movie as well because they can make spider-verse movies with Spider-Punk, 2099, noir etc. I just wish we got pure miles first. Do we k!ow if they had a Peter their universe that died like I’m ultimate? I’d almost have set up the opening credits of the movie with a funeral to Peter showing Miles in the crowd the we see him train himself sloppily get better get a nice win against his uncle but like in the comcis he dies but it not being Miles fault. This inspires Miles to get better train harder then we meet Peter either very end or a credit scene who explains spider verse and boom we get a Miles sequel with some Peter mentors hip then like standalone for the other spiders Gwen, punk, 2099, noir

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    He's going to be in the Insomniac game, so I don't think so. If anything, it's the over reliance on making sure Peter is constantly a teenager that does it. So what ends up happening is Miles just gets added to his circle of friends (ala the most recent cartoons).
    Ganke is dust in this universe. I don't think Sony would allow it and there isn't a voice cast for the character at the moment anyway

Extraordinary Member

I just assumed Miles is talking to the viewer about either the MCU or 616 Spider Man.

And Miles' Universe has Pete, Teen Gwen and him all operating at the same time.

Given that Hollywood has finally learned how important marketing to Teen Girls, I'm not surprised that Spider Gwen
    got a cameo.

If Spider-verse does well they might do a Spider Gwen spin-off.

Y'know, I'm kind of wondering if these animated movies pushing the Spider-Verse and other Spider-Heroes is going to leave the MCU free to not have to force a bunch of other Spider-Characters into the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Enjoyed the trailer for the most part. Excited to see Miles front and center. Though I do feel a bit like Peter and Gwen steal some of the spotlight. Personally I’d rather have a stand alone miles movie then as a post/mid credit scene show the spider-verse. Peter’s build seems a bit too bulky in my opinion he’s never been overly muscular so I’m not sure why it was he looked so big in that jacket while eating. I’d love to see a Gwen standalone movie as well because they can make spider-verse movies with Spider-Punk, 2099, noir etc. I just wish we got pure miles first. Do we k!ow if they had a Peter their universe that died like I’m ultimate? I’d almost have set up the opening credits of the movie with a funeral to Peter showing Miles in the crowd the we see him train himself sloppily get better get a nice win against his uncle but like in the comcis he dies but it not being Miles fault. This inspires Miles to get better train harder then we meet Peter either very end or a credit scene who explains spider verse and boom we get a Miles sequel with some Peter mentors hip then like standalone for the other spiders Gwen, punk, 2099, noir
    They've confirmed the Peter of Miles' universe (presumably the one fighting the Goblin and Prowler) dies in the movie.

The adult Peter who mentors Miles is from another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I just assumed Miles is talking to the viewer about either the MCU or 616 Spider Man.

And Miles' Universe has Pete, Teen Gwen and him all operating at the same time.

Given that Hollywood has finally learned how important marketing to Teen Girls, I'm not surprised that Spider Gwen
    got a cameo.

If Spider-verse does well they might do a Spider Gwen spin-off.
    I'd hate to think Sony learned nothing from the ASM films and started counting their chickens before they hatched AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd hate to think Sony learned nothing from the ASM films and started counting their chickens before they hatched AGAIN!
    Sony and their spinoffs .

Having had a chance to now see the movie, I think it looks pretty good. More fun than I was expecting. Also, having a Peter Parker Spider-Man play a major role is very welcome.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They made the Venom movie are a planning a Black and Silver (Black Cat/Silver Sable) live action.

I take it for granted that Sony learned nothing.