Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Unquestionably one of the best Spiderman movies ever made.
    I left school early to go see it.

I think there was 7 folks in it and only one kid. The kid ws quiet until Mile got his powers & saw Spider-Ham.

Also nice to see Miles is friends with Sara.

I think the movie did a good job of explaining that how you can have more than one spider person and that movie warrants some type of films for all of them.

Just got home from watching the movie.

I thought it was excellent. Visually spectacular, enjoyable story, funny jokes, heartfelt moments -- just really great.

I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't get motion sickness haha

-Pav, who only noticed one (sort of) Scarlet Spider nod...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Movie made about the same as wreck it ralph 2 in Thursday previews.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4466&p=.htm

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is off to an excellent start, bringing in $3.5 million from Thursday night previews which began at 5PM. in 3,321 locations. This is just shy of the $3.8 million Ralph Breaks the Internet brought in from Tuesday previews back in November as well as topping the $1.4 million in previews from Big Hero 6, the $2.2 million for The LEGO Batman Movie and several others. In fact, it's the tenth largest preview gross for an animated feature ever. In fact, this compares well to the $3.6 million in previews for TRON: Legacy, which went on to open with $44 million.
    MRC and Universal Pictures's Mortal Engines brought in $675,000 from 7PM previews in 2,600 theaters last night. This is just ahead of the $475k in previews for The 5th Wave.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I hadn't really paid much attention to this since the initial teaser (which I loved) but I just went to see it and I was honestly shocked by how good it was. It gets so much right that other superhero movies can't seem to pull off. I'll probably go watch it again.

This was also the most interesting and exciting Miles Morales has been since that debut story of his, IMO. Hopefully some of that energy leaks back into the comics.

BANNED

Happy to see the hype was real on this.

Fantastic movie. Incredible on all fronts.

For an awful lot of people, I'm sure this will instantly become their favorite Spidey film.

I definitely want to catch on the big screen again at least one more time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Just got home from watching the movie.

I thought it was excellent. Visually spectacular, enjoyable story, funny jokes, heartfelt moments -- just really great.

I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't get motion sickness haha

-Pav, who only noticed one (sort of) Scarlet Spider nod...
    OHHHHH I didn't think of it until you mention it. Now that opens a bigger can of worms if that becomes more than what it seems.

I hadn't really paid much attention to this since the initial teaser (which I loved) but I just went to see it and I was honestly shocked by how good it was. It gets so much right that other superhero movies can't seem to pull off. I'll probably go watch it again.
    I think it works because it didn't try to make Peter this ultra icon with a ton of hero worshiping. Nobody said Miles had to be better or superior to either Peter Parkers. It was about HIM being HIMSELF.

No one tried to make this the greatest movie of all time.

Much like WW, Black Panther and even Aquaman-a movie got made and is exceeding expectations on it's OWN. No one is trying to force this or that. You got a movie that LOL has folks wanting part two NOW.

Don't forget guys there is a after movie scene.

Spider-Verse decimated the competition on Friday earning $12.6 million
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/...er=DESC&p=.htm
    Last edited by Dragonick; 12-15-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Great film. Spider-Man's best. The visuals are amazing, really are.

Glad to hear that the movie is getting so much positive feedback. Won't be able to see until tomorrow but it sounds like my family and I are in for a real treat.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Oh, also! There's a certain character who I was glad to see make his big screen debut, even if it's not the version of the character I'm most familiar with.

His suit looked awesome.

-Pav, who doesn't want to spoil...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ultimate Member

Sony Animation's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse brought in an estimated $12.6 million on Friday and industry expectations are varying with ranges looking at a $35-40+ million opening. The film received an impressive "A+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences.

Sony's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is off to an excellent start, bringing in $3.5 million from Thursday night previews which began at 5PM. in 3,321 locations. This is just shy of the $3.8 million Ralph Breaks the Internet brought in from Tuesday previews back in November as well as topping the $1.4 million in previews from Big Hero 6, the $2.2 million for The LEGO Batman Movie and several others. In fact, it's the tenth largest preview gross for an animated feature ever. In fact, this compares well to the $3.6 million in previews for TRON: Legacy, which went on to open with $44 million.
    This weeks the start of winter break for kids (our kids start on Wednesday and we start on Thursday).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

This weeks the start of winter break for kids (our kids start on Wednesday and we start on Thursday).
    Word of mouth will probably see a rise in prices.

Saw the movie yesterday and it is amazing. The performances are great, loads of characters without them tripping over each other or jogging the limelight. Doesn't play like a regular hero-origin movie. Loads of easter eggs to keep fans happy and a great post-credit scene.

Also why isn't Spidey Bells available on the soundtrack?