Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

We're going to be getting 'A Very Spidey Christmas' soundtrack featuring Jake Johnson, Shamiek Moore, and Chris Pine.
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/12...o-be-released/

Another one.

Since it has a Christmas album does that mean Into the Spider-Verse counts as a Christmas movie?

It was already a Christmas movie, because no film has ever graced mankind with as many gifts.

the whole album
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's really strange on who got what. Black panther first showed up in fantastic four yet marvel keeps him. Wolverine first shows up in hulk not X-Men yet fox got him. Strange.
    Well, Black Panther spun off into his own franchise separate from the Fantastic Four and became more closely associated with the Avengers. And Wolverine, after that one appearance in Hulk's book, basically became an X-men character solidly linked to that franchise. The same also applies to the Punisher, who started out as a Spider-Man villain before becoming a solo character.

With Kingpin and Scarlet Witch, things are a lot more complicated. Kingpin was created for Spider-Man and later became closely associated with Daredevil, but he continued to remain a fairly major part of the Spider-Man franchise. Likewise, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were created for X-men and then become closely associated with the Avengers, but also continued to remain fairly major X-men characters, on and off, especially with the later reveal that Magneto is their father.

It does make you wonder though what the criteria are for a character becoming part of another franchise. I mean, Spider-Man and Wolverine have been quiet closely involved with the Avengers in the comics over the past decade or so...so don't they also count as part of the 'Avengers' franchise? Or does it not count because this is a development that took place after their rights were sold to Sony and Fox respectively?

It'd be real interesting to know who owns the film rights to the character 'Firestar'. She was created for a Spider-Man cartoon, but when she made her comics debut, she was part of the X-men. And she's apparently been an Avenger as well. So who owns her film rights? Sony, Marvel or Fox?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Sony is going to yank everything related to Spider-Man from the MCU once their contract is finished. No chance of Miles in the MCU after the Home series is done.
    No, likely it will continue.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...matic-universe

From a business standpoint, it'd be awfully dumb of Sony to end the Marvel deal. They keep all the money from the films and only pay a producer's fee to Marvel.

It's a sweetheart deal for Sony and it doesn't prevent them from doing movies like Venom and Into the Spider-Verse.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well, Black Panther spun off into his own franchise separate from the Fantastic Four and became more closely associated with the Avengers. And Wolverine, after that one appearance in Hulk's book, basically became an X-men character solidly linked to that franchise. The same also applies to the Punisher, who started out as a Spider-Man villain before becoming a solo character.

With Kingpin and Scarlet Witch, things are a lot more complicated. Kingpin was created for Spider-Man and later became closely associated with Daredevil, but he continued to remain a fairly major part of the Spider-Man franchise. Likewise, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were created for X-men and then become closely associated with the Avengers, but also continued to remain fairly major X-men characters, on and off, especially with the later reveal that Magneto is their father.

It does make you wonder though what the criteria are for a character becoming part of another franchise. I mean, Spider-Man and Wolverine have been quiet closely involved with the Avengers in the comics over the past decade or so...so don't they also count as part of the 'Avengers' franchise? Or does it not count because this is a development that took place after their rights were sold to Sony and Fox respectively?

It'd be real interesting to know who owns the film rights to the character 'Firestar'. She was created for a Spider-Man cartoon, but when she made her comics debut, she was part of the X-men. And she's apparently been an Avenger as well. So who owns her film rights? Sony, Marvel or Fox?
    Firestar is a Spider-man character and also associated with the X-men therefore she would be shared assuming she wasn't explicitly sold. However when it comes to shared characters there sometimes has to be a difference in portrayal meaning that if Firestar is in a Spider-man movie she has to appear like she did there. And if in a X-men property she has to be treated like she does there. However if Firestar appearing in Spider-man TV shows is any indicator, she more than likely is X-men. She makes no other usage outside of this and is featured in an X-men show as well as debuting in an X-men comic.

Basically Marvel sold off characters in a package deal with sometimes all elements of a character's franchise being usable as well despite what was initially paid for. As such Sony has Spider-man and all of its future characters and stories despite the purchase being in the 90's. Meaning that they can use things post 90's with few exceptions like Iron Spider (pre-Marvel deal). Post purchase anybody associated with a franchise that was prior sold to another company said company can't use them. Wolverine despite being later associated with the Avengers can't be used by Marvel Studios because the movie rights are with Fox wholesale.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Great movie! Great year for Spiderman.

Finally saw it. Loved it.

I don't know if it's the best ever (big fan of Spider-Man 2) but it's likely to important given the possibilities it opens up for animated films. It might legitimately be on "Best Of" lists decades from now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

This was my dream Spider-Man movie. Enjoyed this more than Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    This was my dream Spider-Man movie. Enjoyed this more than Infinity War.
    Oddly, I found myself feeling the same. Not to say Infinity War wasn't a great movie. I just loved the solid storytelling and pacing that went along with the portrayals of Miles among the Spider hierarchy.

Infinity War was part one of two, and I love it for being like a comic in that way, but it alone can't compare to this actual comic book masterpiece put on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think the most interesting thing about that article to me is that they still wanna do Drew Goddard's Sinister Six movie. Which hey, if you still have the script and he wants to do it, why not.

It also confirms the Spider-Women film will be focused on Gwen, Silk, and Jessica, and the live-action Silk film is still in development.
    I'd rather see Sinister Six as an animated movie. I'm not super into the Suicide Squad of the spider-man world... who the heck would the "team" go up against? Why would they have any incentive at all to team up, since traditionally they have a grudge against Spider-Man?

Is Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse a perfect movie? My geeky friends and I answer that question in our review of the new movie. Short answer: yes. Long answer: YES! Hope you enjoy.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir