Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Looks solid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, they shoehorned in Gwen yet an actually important Spider-Verse character, Anya Sofia Corazon, is Mia.

I'm gonna pass on this.
    How is Anya more important lol
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Having had a chance to now see the movie, I think it looks pretty good. More fun than I was expecting. Also, having a Peter Parker Spider-Man play a major role is very welcome.
    I don't want Peter in this movie. I think that's a bad idea. I know we need the previous Peter to die to inspire Miles, but bringing in ANOTHER Peter undercuts the importance of Miles Morales. It sends the message that Miles is the "Other" Spider-Man, and not the main character in his own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't want Peter in this movie. I think that's a bad idea. I know we need the previous Peter to die to inspire Miles, but bringing in ANOTHER Peter undercuts the importance of Miles Morales. It sends the message that Miles is the "Other" Spider-Man, and not the main character in his own movie.
    I understand that, and to a degree I agree with you, but I'm so used to these "legacy" or spinoff Spider-Characters downplaying the importance of Peter Parker that I find it refreshing that the creators still want him to play a major role in Miles' life that doesn't amount to just a cameo.

But I think Marvel has always had the problem with handling Miles in other media and balancing that with Peter. Just look at how he's been handled in the cartoons where they don't even call him Spider-Man, which I think this movie will definitely avert.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I understand that, and to a degree I agree with you, but I'm so used to these "legacy" or spinoff Spider-Characters downplaying the importance of Peter Parker that I find it refreshing that the creators still want him to play a major role in Miles' life that doesn't amount to just a cameo.

But I think Marvel has always had the problem with handling Miles in other media and balancing that with Peter. Just look at how he's been handled in the cartoons where they don't even call him Spider-Man, which I think this movie will definitely avert.
    But they're still reducing who is supposed to be the main character as an "other." The "other" Spider-Man. (And that's without getting into the racial subtext of what that means when taking Miles' race into account.)

It's a bad look.

This looks to be pretty good so far. The animation style is giving me Paranorman vibes though (which is a good thing).
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

But they're still reducing who is supposed to be the main character as an "other." The "other" Spider-Man. (And that's without getting into the racial subtext of what that means when taking Miles' race into account.)

It's a bad look.
    I think in practice it's going to be more Batman Beyond then Peter (or Gwen) hijacking Miles' movie and that the movie is ultimately going to focus more on Miles growing into and becoming his Earth's Spider-Man then just being another Spider-Man.

I think in practice it's going to be more Batman Beyond then Peter (or Gwen) hijacking Miles' movie and that the movie is ultimately going to focus more on Miles growing into and becoming his Earth's Spider-Man then just being another Spider-Man.
    I'm hoping this trailer is exaggerating how significant Peter (and Gwen) are in Miles' movie. Because that's what trailers do. But I just have to be honest and say I don't like Peter being such a big part of this trailer and this film's marketing.

I'm hoping this trailer is exaggerating how significant Peter (and Gwen) are in Miles' movie. Because that's what trailers do. But I just have to be honest and say I don't like Peter being such a big part of this trailer and this film's marketing.
    I don't think we've seen a lot of the later stuff from the movie, like the climax, which I imagine will probably be Miles-centered and show off his actual costume more.

I don't think the creators would say this is first and foremost a Miles movie if that wasn't the case.

I'd guess Peter being a big part of the trailer and marketing is to show that the movies will be relatively respectful towards him and his place in the mythos as well as acclimate those who don't know that there is another Spider-Man.

And Spider-Gwen is in there because of course she is .

I don't think we've seen a lot of the later stuff from the movie, like the climax, which I imagine will probably be Miles-centered and show off his actual costume more.

I don't think the creators would say this is first and foremost a Miles movie if that wasn't the case.

I'd guess Peter being a big part of the trailer and marketing is to show that the movies will be relatively respectful towards him and his place in the mythos as well as acclimate those who don't know that there is another Spider-Man.

And Spider-Gwen is in there because of course she is .
    Fun little fact, Gwen Stacy is in more Spider-Man movies than Mary Jane Watson.

Fun little fact, Gwen Stacy is in more Spider-Man movies than Mary Jane Watson.

Don't know how people are assuming Parker is fighting Prowler when Miles is shown in the red and blue costume as well as his own black and red.

Tbh, this movie could be the start of a spider-man or rather spider-men animated franchise but idk if that's what Sony is going for.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Don't know how people are assuming Parker is fighting Prowler when Miles is shown in the red and blue costume as well as his own black and red.
    I thought about that too, but it looks like Peter's build and height in the classic suit (or at least, the build of Miles' universes Peter), not Miles'.

First trailer looked okay. This one... not so much. The voice for Peter Parker did not match and he looked pretty old.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Story looks good but I think I'm the only person not to like the animation. The cityscapes look great, the characters designs look grrat, but when the characters move it looks Janky to me.
    No your not alone. The trailer alone was giving me a headache. I'm not going to be able to watch a whole film animated like this. Why can't they just make it smooth and natural looking like Pixar instead of trying to be all stylish?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I thought about that too, but it looks like Peter's build and height in the classic suit (or at least, the build of Miles' universes Peter), not Miles'.
    I don't know how you can tell since he's crouched down and then thrown but ...I mean I guess.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer