Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    First trailer looked okay. This one... not so much. The voice for Peter Parker did not match and he looked pretty old.
    I guess this version of Peter is supposed to be the older veteran for whom life may not've gone the way he wanted. A different take on the character, but one I could see working in the context of this movie. (I wouldn't want a "main" Spider-Man to get to this point, but as a one off story for a version created specifically for the purpose, I can grok it.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't know how you can tell since he's crouched down and then thrown but ...I mean I guess.
    We see the Amazing (Peter) Spider-Man at the beginning of the trailer, and again when he catches Miles.

The scene with Spidey fighting prowler has the same stature and costume, it's clearly Peter.
    Seems strange that you question this...

They're not gonna put Miles in Peter's suit, 'cept for the Halloween dress up version we saw in the comics, and in this trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Fun little fact, Gwen Stacy is in more Spider-Man movies than Mary Jane Watson.
    TBF both Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy and Spider-Gwen are as similar to 616/MU Gwen as Homecoming MJ is to Comics MJ.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF both Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy and Spider-Gwen are as similar to 616/MU Gwen as Homecoming MJ is to Comics MJ.
    That is a valid point. I'm a huge fan of Emma Stone's Gwen and Spider-Gwen Classic 616 Gwen not so much.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Perhaps Emma should be referred to as Gwen J

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Story looks good but I think I'm the only person not to like the animation. The cityscapes look great, the characters designs look grrat, but when the characters move it looks Janky to me.
    I'm glad that someone else said something. It's like the framerate is off or something... It's not fluid... Anyway I do love the character designs. I love it when things are a bit stylized.

Something tells me that Gwen will be stoic, serious, and...boring...which is a shame really...

That said, this is the stuff Sony should be doing with their ownership of Spider-Man...not trying to randomly use as many characters as possible (random ones at that) to keep Disney from having access to them. That and making animated movies for...another...Spider-Man franchise they own...but that's beside the point. This actually looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Perhaps Emma should be referred to as Gwen J
    Perhaps, one thing is certain I am no fan of current 616 MJ. I hate hypocrites and she comes across as a huge one towards Peter post-Ironman stint. He can't be Spider-Man yet she can run around putting herself in danger with Riri, Tony & Tony's Mom, makes sense grrrr....
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-07-2018 at 09:51 AM.

And because of that, people think that's how Gwen actually is. The developers at Insomniac speak of reinventing Mary Jane because the public thinks she is the character from the Raimi movies. She doesn't get a chance to appear in Spider-Man movies anymore. And it annoys me greatly. This is incredibly damaging to the character.

And because of that, people think that's how Gwen actually is. The developers at Insomniac speak of reinventing Mary Jane because the public thinks she is the character from the Raimi movies. She doesn't get a chance to appear in Spider-Man movies anymore. And it annoys me greatly. This is incredibly damaging to the character.
    I agree with you. Lack of exposure can easily dampen or even kill interest in the best of characters over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Something tells me that Gwen will be stoic, serious, and...boring...which is a shame really...
    She does kind of introduce herself with this big, ominous, declaration...although saying "I'm Gwen Stacy" like that actually means anything kind of makes it sound like she's got a bit of an ego .
    Agreed...

Agree about Spider-Gwen’s personality being completely different. I’m not actually a fan and don’t really see her as Gwen Stacy, but I would say that Emma Stone’s Gwen Stacy is closer to the comic version than you’re saying. Definitely more Gwen accurate than Dunst was MJ accurate. And with regard to physical appearance, both Gwens are obviously more comics accurate than Homecoming MJ is to comics Mary Jane.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

3 things I'm speculating on:

1. Is this a universe with multiple spider people, or are we getting introduced to spider people from multiple universes. Like is Gwen gonna be from Miles universe or is she gonna be from her own and she (as well as other spider people) are able to cross over into different universes. Like what exactly is going on here with that.

2. Is this another Peter or is this the movie's Peter cause to me this is looking like this movie's Peter which based on the fact that Miles is wearing the blue & red costume and also the red & black costume in this movie and in the teaser trailer Miles was wearing the red & black costume when he visited Peter's grave. I'm thinking they changed the age in which the Peter in Miles world died.

3. Peter mentioned "I'm not very liquid", it reminded me of Brian Michael Bendis run when Tony Stark also mentioned the word "liquid" in regerds to money ...the liquid term is something I've never heard someone say in real life if they don't have money on them, so that phrase along with the underground facility holding different spider-man costumes, and then that bit at the end that showed Peter and Miles jumping from some balcony using their web shooters ...a balcony that looked like it could have been attached to a good looking house. What I'm getting at is, is Parker Industries a thing here or rather is Peter actually rich in this universe ...hmm.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-07-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    3 things I'm speculating on:

1. Is this a universe with multiple spider people, or are we getting introduced to spider people from multiple universes. Like is Gwen gonna be from Miles universe or is she gonna be from her own and she (as well as other spider people) are able to cross over into different universes. Like what exactly is going on here with that.
    We're confirmed to be dealing with alternate universes, so I'm pretty sure Gwen is from one (hence the emphasis on the "Spider-Verse).
    2. Is this another Peter or is this the movie's Peter cause to me this is looking like this movie's Peter which based on the fact that Miles is wearing the blue & red costume and also the red & black costume in this movie and in the teaser trailer Miles was wearing the red & black costume when he visited Peter's grave. I'm thinking they changed the age in when the Peter in Miles world died.
    I'm pretty sure there are two Peters.

The one we see in the full-on red and blue suit who we see fighting the Goblin and who saves Miles, who ends up dying.

And another Peter from an alternate universe who's let himself go and ends up mentoring Miles.
    3. Peter mentioned "I'm not very liquid", it reminded me of Brian Michael Bendis run when Tony Stark also mentioned the word "liquid" in regerds to money ...the liquid term is something I've never heard someone say in real life if they don't have money on them, so that phrase along with the underground facility holding different spider-man costumes, and then that bit at the end that showed Peter and Miles jumping from some balcony using their web shooters ...a balcony that looked like it could have been attached to a good looking house. What I'm getting at is, is Parker Industries a thing here or rather is Peter actually rich in this universe ...hmm.
    I did think he seemed kind of Slott-esque what with needing to crib money from a teenager .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She does kind of introduce herself with this big, ominous, declaration...although saying "I'm Gwen Stacy" like that actually means anything kind of makes it sound like she's got a bit of an ego .
    I think it just sounds like Sony wanting to bank on the goodwill created by Emma Stone's portrayal of the character, arguably the most popular element of the Amazing films.

It's too early to comment on what direction they have in mind for MCU's MJ in the future. Is she going to be "MJ" in name only or will she slowly start espousing some of comic Mary Jane's character traits in these films (I still suspect she's going to drop the "Face it, Tiger!" line in a sequel). Most people who don't frequent geek sites and forums are under the impression that she is a new take on Mary Jane.