Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's too early to comment on what direction they have in mind for MCU's MJ in the future. Is she going to be "MJ" in name only or will she slowly start espousing some of comic Mary Jane's character traits in these films (I still suspect she's going to drop the "Face it, Tiger!" line in a sequel). Most people who don't frequent geek sites and forums are under the impression that she is a new take on Mary Jane.
    I think they're going with the "Picture of You" approach with Michelle/"MJ", you see different elements of MJ in every movie building to a gradual realization in whatever film counts as a fitting ending to this era of Peter's life...assuming they want Holland and the audience to grow with the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think they're going with the "Picture of You" approach with Michelle/"MJ", you see different elements of MJ in every movie building to a gradual realization in whatever film counts as a fitting ending to this era of Peter's life...assuming they want Holland and the audience to grow with the movies.
    My pet theory is the realization/Face it, Tiger! moment will happen in the third film as Peter and friends will be in senior year, and a turn of events will make MJ his prom date (mirroring the Ultimate storyline).

I think it just sounds like Sony wanting to bank on the goodwill created by Emma Stone's portrayal of the character, arguably the most popular element of the Amazing films.
    That's pretty much the reason for most of the Gwen Stacy-mania that's been a thing since Emma Stone played the character.
    It's too early to comment on what direction they have in mind for MCU's MJ in the future. Is she going to be "MJ" in name only or will she slowly start espousing some of comic Mary Jane's character traits in these films (I still suspect she's going to drop the "Face it, Tiger!" line in a sequel). Most people who don't frequent geek sites and forums are under the impression that she is a new take on Mary Jane.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they lift some of Mary Jane's traits for Michelle, although that doesn't make her Mary Jane Watson in my eyes.
    My pet theory is the realization/Face it, Tiger! moment will happen in the third film as Peter and friends will be in senior year, and a turn of events will make MJ his prom date (mirroring the Ultimate storyline).
    I don't think Ultimate Peter even went to prom.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well anywho the official website is up.
    http://www.intothespiderverse.movie/

With character bios:

Miles Morales:
    THE ALL NEW SPIDER-MAN!
    Miles Morales is a 13-year-old Brooklyn native and a Spider-Man unlike any we’ve ever seen before. He’s a bright teenager who likes hanging out with friends and being a kid. But what they don’t know is that Miles is also learning to embrace an entirely new and unexpected life as the all-new Spider-Man! With the help of some surprising new friends, Miles learns to unlock the hero inside himself.
    Spider-Gwen
    THE SPUNKY, FREE-SPIRITED SPIDER-MAN
    Gwen Stacy, 15, is her world’s Spider-Woman known as Spider- Gwen! Intelligent and quick-witted, Gwen has a sharp sense of humor and is a natural leader. After getting pulled from her world and thrown into Miles’, she teams up with him to fight New York’s nefarious villains.
    Peter Parker
    MILES’ RELUCTANT MENTOR
    He may look like Peter Parker, but the years of superhero life have taken a toll on his body, leaving him a little worse for wear these days. Peter never wanted to be a mentor, but training Miles Morales, an all-new Spider-Man, ends up giving Peter a new positive outlook on life... though he is a bit jealous of all of Miles’ newfound and unique powers!
    Jefferson:
    Jefferson is Miles’ slightly overbearing but loving father. When Jefferson was growing up, he and his younger brother Aaron used to work as petty criminals for Kingpin. When Jefferson met his wife, Rio, he left the criminal world behind, becoming a police officer and adopting a strict moral code. As a result, he wants to make sure that Miles has better opportunities than he had.
    Rio:
    Rio is Miles’ mother. She’s a strong and encouraging presence in Miles’ life whose support helps Miles keep his head above water when he feels overwhelmed. Hailing from Puerto Rico, she fosters a special bond with Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Ultimate Peter even went to prom.
    D'oh I meant Spectacular (the show), though I think that was Fall Formals, not prom.

With character bios:

Miles Morales:

Spider-Gwen

Peter Parker

Jefferson:

Rio:
    Cool that they confirmed Spider-Gwen is from a separate universe indeed and not being simplified as being part of Miles's universe for the film.

So Ganke is really not going to be in this?
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So Ganke is really not going to be in this?
    Casuals would wonder why he is'nt called Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Casuals would wonder why he is'nt called Ned
    Curse you MCU Spider-Man .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I guess they'll replace him with a different character roommate. Like Harry Osborne

With character bios:

Miles Morales:

Spider-Gwen

Peter Parker

Jefferson:

Rio:
    Still wondering if that Peter is from Miles world or not, with this bio I'm thinking he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I guess they'll replace him with a different character roommate. Like Harry Osborne
    Yes, maybe Miles doesn't go to a charter school anymore but a private school where we'll meet Harry lol.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spider-Gwen
    THE SPUNKY, FREE-SPIRITED SPIDER-MAN
    Gwen Stacy, 15, is her world’s Spider-Woman known as Spider- Gwen! Intelligent and quick-witted, Gwen has a sharp sense of humor and is a natural leader. After getting pulled from her world and thrown into Miles’, she teams up with him to fight New York’s nefarious villains.
    Even the bio makes me groan. Maybe I'm overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Even the bio makes me groan. Maybe I'm overreacting.
    I'm a big Spider-Gwen fan and I knowing how high the stakes this one movie will be to not just to the Earth-65 debut version Spider-Woman Gwen that people follow in her comic series but to all possible versions that could be made by writers for future Multiverses/movies/comics/tv shows and whatever of a superhero Gwen and freedom of imagination to do that if desired. Same for Miles possible future versions.

Thus I'm following how she is advertised, if that is done well, and hopes to find info and ads that will rise my hopes and comfort of a character that will earn a fandom juts by this movie. Movies have more reach (in fact possibly the largest) than niche market comics and this version made for this movie and by the Sony writers for many the movies are the first introduction and information provided and sets the tone and shape of how people see the characters particularly the heroes Miles and Gwen.

What I'm seeing, hearing, and reading has my fears rising greatly. In her series she makes mistakes, makes bad calls, has TONS of personal, emotional, and psychological problems, and falls on her face all the time and also looks to a mentor herself such as Jessica Drew while Miles looks to Peter for mentorship.

Both are inexperienced or has about the same level of experience (about one year I think).
    I wrote before that as the person who saw her (and often other characters outside of their individual series and main writer) being written being 'good at everything' or 'praised all the time' (for just smallest of things sometimes which is annoying and you don't want eye rolls to be the goal) such things HURTS her as a character that we can latch onto plus is inaccurate of the character in her own series. Like everybody she is a person and must be show making good and bad calls and falling on her face. Falling on her face is human and relatable and we latch more to that then gods.

Hell in terms of emotions Gwen if following the Earth-65 version might be far most emo and easy to upset and loner of the three Spiders due to her world and conditions she has suffered. Not really a leadership person (as a drummer she would follow MJ's lead and be in the background yet need for the band as the drummer) nor always makes the best calls but jumps into danger head first many times just like the others. She also has tons of injuries and even sometime slapstick type damage to her as Spider-Woman. She doesn't eat properly living on ramen noodles and dollar dogs forcing others to tell her to eat 'real food'. The character is not clear minded many times nor comes from a sunshine world.

So many fanarts have depicted her so incorrectly (you can tell the fanart from a reader to a person that just saw some basic images and also can be described as 616 Gwen cosplaying as 65) and I wonder if the writers for this movie took in consideration or the research based on what I'm finding or just saw her design and ran with that only.

I have no problems with the writers open to make their own version but even then she must earn a fandom based on likeable characterizations, see how the thinking came to be/works, how much can we latch to this person, and respect. Again the stakes are just so high for Gwen and Miles and this is the one shot and must be done perfectly.

A character can be somewhat reimagined from the source material and still create new fans for that franchise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)