Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A character can be somewhat reimagined from the source material and still create new fans for that franchise.
    I know that and I'm fine with changes. I expect that as the Mutiveres allows that and we must be open to change. Gwen is in fact the one token character who has the most vast interpretations and alternates moreso than most characters.

'Gwen Stacy' in the Multiverse is special in that unlike other characters whom seem to mostly follow only the 616 versions personality and fashions the totems 'Gwen Stacy' has been presented differently per universe without a set pattern moreson than most others. She has been: Popular 'Beauty Queen' scientist (616) , social outcast geek girl (Spectacular Spider-man animated series), Doctor Blake's( who we know as Thor Odinson) right hand woman (Age of Apocalypse), Rock drummer/superhero (Earth-65 Spider-Gwen series), mid age symbiote host yet still a superhero and her world greatest forensic detective (617), a punk girl that pulled a knife to save Peter from bullies (1610), a 'clone' or truly resurrection Gwen Stacy that was treat with respect and to matter by other characters and in turn became/is a fan favorite (agian 1610), a princess (Marvel fairy tales), a penguin (from the world of Spider-Ham), the Emma Stone version from the Amazing series movies, and many more.

Lately most writers wanting her to be different and special while being apart of the cast will not make her just like 'MJ' but different usually now going to with either or ma mix of the brave social outcast geek girl that has been childhood friends with Peter and Harry or punk girl areas found in both Spectacular animated series, Earth 65 and Earth 1610 vs the 616 presentation.

I want to be surprised in a shocked maybe yet still happy unexpected ways. 'Calling it' for each scene is not a enjoyable movie or character.

However I've seen so many times a character presented as 'flawless' in the comics or other media which in turn just pushes back others from connecting to or found annoying and both will not bold well for her or any character (same applies to the other direction 'fails at EVERYTHING loser' that could be overpushed it feels sometimes). She has to bring people in to her not away.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Still wondering if that Peter is from Miles world or not, with this bio I'm thinking he is.
    I'm pretty sure he's from an AU.

The Peter from Miles' world ends up dead, hence the grave in the trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Even the bio makes me groan. Maybe I'm overreacting.
    I'm used to it with Gwen at this point.

Astonishing Member

Was barely aware of this movie earlier...but after watching the trailer, am totally psyched for this.

If nothing else, it is a refreshing change from the now-standard Spider-Man movie. I mean there are only so many times we can watch Peter Parker as a high-school or college student pining after a girl while struggling to fight the latest super-villain and keep his secret from Aunt May. Peter being an older, somewhat worn down, superhero (who might be from a parallel universe) mentoring a new Spider-Man seems a far more refreshing new take on the character and his mythos.

And yes...I do hope this leads to a franchise.

I'm very pleased with the new trailer. These are the Peter & Miles I've been clamoring for a teacher & apprentice. My only small complaint is that Peter is once more portrayed as a loser man-child, but I guess I can't have everything I want.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm very pleased with the new trailer. These are the Peter & Miles I've been clamoring for a teacher & apprentice. My only small complaint is that Peter is once more portrayed as a loser man-child, but I guess I can't have everything I want.
    He didn't come across as childish to me.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well more a teenager. At least that is the vibe I got in the diner scene where he eats like a slob and asks Miles to pay the bill. Why can't we ever get an adult age Peter who has his act together? Is that too much to ask.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well, the scene with Miles at the diner felt a tad man-childish to me.

This has gotten ridiculous.

iMan 42s

I am sold on Nicolas Cage. It looks good and I will do my part for the Spider-man brand but I am sold on whatever it is they have Nicolas Cage doing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Its now Confirmed: Nic Cage is voicing Spiderman Noir
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...ider-man-noir/

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Its now Confirmed: Nic Cage is voicing Spiderman Noir
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...ider-man-noir/
    This could be interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So Miles and Gwen are class mates also SP//dr!!
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-spider-m...ium=socialflow
    We need better comics

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So Miles and Gwen are class mates also SP//dr!!
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-spider-m...ium=socialflow
    But also from an AU? But maybe there's two Gwens in this movie. There are two Peters

Peter took Ganke, Miles took Gwen.