Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Worth noting that the comics version of her is nowhere near as perky as the movie seems to be, being an Evangelion homage.

But it seems that movie version is rocketing to be everyone's favorite already:

The 'before' stats are just the people who viewed the wiki pages on the day prior, not all time, by the way.

Also, poor Gwen is dead last. Ouch.
    People love their anime girls .

Kind of amusing that Miles is pretty low and this is supposed to be his movie.

This is the third trailer featuring Miles and the second featuring (Spider-)Gwen, so I guess they are fine.

Noir is low. Shoulda gone for Spider-Punk instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He's probably done the least of anyone in the trailers.

Reading the youtube comments it seems many know enough about Peter, Miles, and Gwen but the sudden appearance (plus also art style clash) of Peni from non comic readers has them fascinated by her (thus the higher wiki views). People in the past has looked up and know Gwen and others from past versions and appearances so there is no need to look for them. I'm a Gwen fan and when I first got into comics I looked up her past versions and current when first introduced. For many this isn't a first introduction.
    Peni also has had a recent Edge of the Spider-gettion issue (with the issue being issue #2 spot where in the past that was Gwen's issue number and thus some think it's a tip off that Marvel is interested in kicking off a series for her as well if fan interest is enough but the same can go for the other Spiders).

So it would make sense that Miles (who is the main character of the movie but has had a few trainers to get to know him plus been in the comics and now other versions presented for many people to see a version of him for the first time), Peter, and even Gwen having lowerviews due to people knowing thus no need for research or much curiosity vs people seeing new characters versions they don't know well. Noir here is the one (even when voice by Cage) that seems to not captured the attention in such a low spot (but being black and white he visually doesn't capture the eyes vs being hooked on more colorful visual pleasing and art style like the other spiders grealty Ham and Peni having the more cartoon/anime perky look).

It's interesting many will know Peni first by this version but her comics version having a vastly different tone and look to her plus most likely different personality as well not nearly perky looking and feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's probably done the least of anyone in the trailers.
    And I think most of the interest probably has to do with Nicholas Cage playing him. Also his hat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This is the third trailer featuring Miles and the second featuring (Spider-)Gwen, so I guess they are fine.

I don't think that would've been a good idea considering Hobie Brown/Miles' uncle is in this movie as well.

Everyone knows who Peter and Gwen Stacy are so doing AU riffs on them makes a lot more sense.

But introducing the Prowler as a supporting character and antagonist but also an AU version of him who is not only a good guy but a Spider-Man and a punk Spider-Man, it's like too much, too many concepts for this one movie.

A Spider-Man who is Peter Parker but from the 1930s though that works more easily. General audiences get Noir movies, they get Spider-Man, marry them together it's easy enough to grasp. Plus he's been in media adaptations before like the USM cartoon and Shattered Dimensions.

Same thing applies to Peni. Its Spider-man if he was a girl and an anime character. Everyone knows anime, everyone knows girls (they were an established concept from at least last year to my understanding).

Footage from the NYCC panel:

Fans at New York Comic Con were shown the first thirty minutes of the film. During that showing, a version of Peter Parker — likely from Sam Raimi’s trilogy of films — fought a character who appears to be Kingpin and his henchman, Green Goblin. Kingpin then punches Parker in the chest as they battle in the collider, killing the wall-crawler. The collider is the piece of technology that somehow breaks down the barriers between the universe, allowing the different versions of Spider-Man to meet, while also threatening to destroy them all.

he footage also features Prowler chasing Miles Morales, and ends with actor Jake Johnson introducing himself a Peter B. Parker and getting pulled into Miles’ universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I don't think that would've been a good idea considering Hobie Brown/Miles' uncle is in this movie as well.

Everyone knows who Peter and Gwen Stacy are so doing AU riffs on them makes a lot more sense.

But introducing the Prowler as a supporting character and antagonist but also an AU version of him who is not only a good guy but a Spider-Man and a punk Spider-Man, it's like too much, too many concepts for this one movie.

A Spider-Man who is Peter Parker but from the 1930s though that works more easily. General audiences get Noir movies, they get Spider-Man, marry them together it's easy enough to grasp. Plus he's been in media adaptations before like the USM cartoon and Shattered Dimensions.

Same thing applies to Peni. Its Spider-man if he was a girl and an anime character. Everyone knows anime, everyone knows girls (they were an established concept from at least last year to my understanding).
    I don't know if there would really be that much confusion.

Spider-Punk is Hobie Brown, not Aaron Davis, and wouldn't have any connection to the Prowler identity in this continuity.

BANNED

Are we sure CBR have got it right? The way they describe the footage makes it sounds less like Peter is killed in the collider, but that he is transported to Miles' dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Are we sure CBR have got it right? The way they describe the footage makes it sounds less like Peter is killed in the collider, but that he is transported to Miles' dimension.
    That might be the case, although there is still the mystery of the dead Peter Parker in Miles' universe.

Worth noting that the comics version of her is nowhere near as perky as the movie seems to be, being an Evangelion homage.

The 'before' stats are just the people who viewed the wiki pages on the day prior, not all time, by the way.

Okay, I have a problem with this. These characters, especially Peter & Miles, can't belong to those universes. Think about it. How can this Peter Parker be 616 Pete when some of the previews we've seen contradict the established canon of 616 (such as him mentoring Miles)? Call me a nitpicker if you will, but it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-07-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Okay, I have a problem with this. These characters, especially Peter & Miles, can't belong to those universes. Think about it. How can this Peter Parker be 616 Pete when some of the previews we've seen contradict the established canon of 616 (such as him mentoring Miles)? Call me a nitpicker if you will, but it doesn't make sense.
    The chart isn't saying the characters in the movie are from those exact universes, it's saying those are the Wikipedia entries people have searched up. Peter from 616, Miles from Ultimate, Gwen from 65, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The chart isn't saying the characters in the movie are from those exact universes, it's saying those are the Wikipedia entries people have searched up. Peter from 616, Miles from Ultimate, Gwen from 65, etc.
    Okay, that makes sense.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Venom made $80m in America alone. Will this help spider-verse?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4444&p=.htm

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Believe have newfound curiosity lead to a manga or anime.

The footage at the end of Venom was really good
    We need better comics