Amazing Member

Default Lords of the comics bring me thy wisdom

Hi all. I'm a casual reader that has reading phases. I dropped most of the things I've read last. Don't remember much but I remember something was mind controlling JL. That one really killed it for me, I was done. If I recall correctly I wasn't into rebirth Batman arcs as well.

I'm looking for a fresh start, only 2018 books. I'm like super commercial. A metaphor would be saying Taylor Swift was my favourite singer. I want something that is for the mass, only canon and the usual suspects Batman, etc. just to put things into perspective how much of an insult I probably am to comic genre, one of my favorite books were the Injustice storyline (I KNOW IT'S NON CANON!). This was just an exception to the rule. I loved the fact that every issue was a real cliffhanger and I just couldn't stop plowing through them.

Anyway yeah, would love to hear your suggestions. Remember just 2018 please, please, please.

Thank you for reading.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Hi all. I'm a casual reader that has reading phases. I dropped most of the things I've read last. Don't remember much but I remember something was mind controlling JL. That one really killed it for me, I was done. If I recall correctly I wasn't into rebirth Batman arcs as well.

I'm looking for a fresh start, only 2018 books. I'm like super commercial. A metaphor would be saying Taylor Swift was my favourite singer. I want something that is for the mass, only canon and the usual suspects Batman, etc. just to put things into perspective how much of an insult I probably am to comic genre, one of my favorite books were the Injustice storyline (I KNOW IT'S NON CANON!). This was just an exception to the rule. I loved the fact that every issue was a real cliffhanger and I just couldn't stop plowing through them.

Anyway yeah, would love to hear your suggestions. Remember just 2018 please, please, please.

Thank you for reading.
    Perfect jump on would be Justice League by Snyder, I mean a new #1 just released TODAY. Another is Batman by Tom King, but his run started a couple of years back but it is super accessible with minimal crossovers and you can begin to read Superman and Action Comics by Bendis which begins next month but has a prelude miniseries running now which is only on issue 2 (of 4). Go forth and read broseph

Amazing Member

Ummm Stewart, Manhunter and Hawkgirl?! Are you kidding me right now!? Never thought I'd see them again in current JL comics. This is awesome, the perfect thing I am looking for.

As for the Tom King one, that's the Rebirth Batman main book right? Something about a brother and sister trying to be new heroes and stuff in early issues? Might have been a 5 issue Bane arc that just put me off that series so bad.

Not a particular fan of Sups but I'll try giving one of those a shot.

Thanks man, the JL is like THE one I'm looking for!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Ummm Stewart, Manhunter and Hawkgirl?! Are you kidding me right now!? Never thought I'd see them again in current JL comics. This is awesome, the perfect thing I am looking for.

As for the Tom King one, that's the Rebirth Batman main book right? Something about a brother and sister trying to be new heroes and stuff in early issues? Might have been a 5 issue Bane arc that just put me off that series so bad.

Not a particular fan of Sups but I'll try giving one of those a shot.

Thanks man, the JL is like THE one I'm looking for!
    Awesome, glad I could help!