Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love this last page! Gets me excited about Dazzler's future role in the X-books. Hope she finds a stable position in Astonishing X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Only one problem is not you who decides this is the other side.
    For someone hating you or your people it is not necessary that you understand him or approve his behavior . This is not how it works in a war for example soldiers are trained to dehumanize people otherwise they can not kill their enemies although they are all human beings with families, dreams and hopes. That is why Terrorists can attack civilian targets that have never done anything to them in their heads they are enemies because they are part of a people with something that unites them or a part of a nation that oppresses them.

Take for example the Havok speech about mutants in Uncanny Avengers. The intention of the writer was good but then why so many felt offended or that speech was wrong? People react and decide for themselves independent of the writer Intent.
    What disappointed me so much is that Havok's speech was far more interesting as the "wrong message" and I thought really worth exploring. I think they just wanted to move past it. I think Remender made everything worse though with his reaction.

I actually think Alison is worse than Havok here. Havok said something stupid. Alison beat someone up when she didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Only one problem is not you who decides this is the other side.
    For someone hating you or your people it is not necessary that you understand him or approve his behavior .
    Sure, they can still hate regardless of my, or anyone's, judgment. They'll just be wrong and wholly without justification.

For example, in the context of my analogy, anti-Semites (as distinct from those who might take issue with a certain nation or movement's policies) don't actually have a point. To the extent that they hate Jews simply for being Jews, they're just plain wrong.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 06-11-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's entirely relevant. They were all automatically given citizenship to New Attilan, even if they choose not to live there. They could vote, you could even argue that it's their civic duty to do so to try to incite change.
    Nonsense. No Nuhuman is required to change allegiance to New Attilan. I'm sure plenty, like Ms. Marvel, are staying citizens of their countries of birth. Indeed, many may have a beef with the Inhuman leadership; personally, I'd be inclined to organize a class action suit against them for exposure to a toxic substance that changed my body without my consent. The terrorism exception to the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act should let it go through even if New Attilan has gotten diplomatic recognition in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Nuhumans are affected by the actions by the Royal Family and their allies, which were intended to benefit all Inhumans. They benefit from the propaganda, they don't face the same outright hatred that mutants face because Inhumans have better PR.
    A nuhuman could blow up a building, claim it was an accident and New Attilan would protect them from all criminal prosecution. That is privilege and it applies to all nuhumans. A mutant would probably get arrested or killed, maybe the X-men could negotiate to have them sent to the school instead but we recently saw how many mutants were in prison in X-men Gold so I wouldn't count on it.
    Did I hallucinate a bunch of scenes of Nuhumans fresh out of cocoons being chased and attacked by mobs, or is it just that things have calmed down a lot?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This book was trash. The best thing about it was that Ali looked amazing but acted like a fucking dumbfuck. I have so many reservations with this book but I knew it was trash when they used the onomatopoeia “FWING” instead of HER SIGNATURE “ZAM”!?

Like Marvel can suck my gddamn dick. I’m serious. They keep being fucingassholes and scapegoating Ali with the success or failure of a series as though her just being there determines the quality of
    Art or writing- maybe it was just trash to begin with??

Then they keep having writers write her out of character or as incredibly nerfed. THIS is what gets me. She’s proven over the decades how powerful she is, how creative she can be with her powers, how immensely popular her music is in the Marvel Universe, how strong willed she is,how much of an asset she is to the teams she belongs to, how she has more than one hit to her name, how much of a canonical CANNON she can be, her sense of Humor , her baller ass femininity, her SELF CONFIDENCE, and how she absolutely commands a crowd as well as how she is the hardest fucking working WOMAN IN THE MU and books like this come along and completely disregard all of that.

And we’re supposed to swim? AS IF!

I don’t see you writing Storm all claustrophobic, or Polaris clinging to Alex’s shirt tail, so why the **** are you trying to make Dazzler fans digest this mediocre “ I’m not an XMen, I can’t make lasers without sound, I’m not self confident” as the real deal and then with the same breath blaming her for terrible sales of shitty books?

She’s a mature character. She’s competent. And she’s hard working! She not just a hero or a pop star, BITCH IS BOTH!

So you know, if Astonishing is gonna be more of this crap then shelf her. I’d rather read fanfic than read more trolling of a character that marvel seems hell bent on trolling because they have an issue with strong femininity not being derivatives of male stereotypes or male charactwrs. It’s clear Marvel doesn’t want her to have her shine because WHO ELSE IS PICKING UP HER BOOKS BIR HER FANS?? And they can’t even be bothered to give those fans something to cheer about.

The last time she was written well was in Wolverine The best there is. Tbh. And this treatment of the character honestly reads like a coded slap in the face of femininity, of gaynesss, if anyone who lives there life with a kind of non machismo joni de vivre and it’s pretty ugly. Marvel just doesn’t want this Woman or all her womanliness to be accepted as powerful because they think her brand of womanliness isn’t cool. But guess what Fuckers, it will always be to people like me.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 06-13-2018 at 05:47 AM.