Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The guy who says Magneto needs to stop whining about the Holocaust has a hot take, everyone.
    They also once said they wanted Red Skull and Zemo to piss all over his corpse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Hatred of Inhumans is like hatred of Germans after WW2. There was a cloud the size of a class 5 Hurricane roaming the planet, protected by the Inhuman Royal Family and the State of Attilan, that killed and sterilized mutants.
    Big difference is, one was real, and one was not. Beyond that even, you're oversimplifying, for dramatic effect.

LOL...that was some MCU style ending

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...that was some MCU style ending
    Should be pretty successful then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    ... I did have a question tho.. Did the inhuman with the purple hair have powers like dazzler as suggested by the preview? And if the friend is also an inhuman, why didnt they fight back? Or did Dazzler do all the heavy lifting?
    Sorta, I guess. Hard to tell, as they were never clearly defined, or shown really. Don't recall her friend bein' referred to as one, or demonstrating it. And yes, Dazz kicked the most a$$, natch.

BANNED

The Dazzler/Havok/Beast team makes a lot of sense now.

So they acknowledged that Dazzler Thor existed and that Ali still has her hammer. But no mention of the fact that they both suffered from M-Pox or the fact that the Terrigen Mists were the cause? No real mention of the side effects like inability to control powers, the sterilization, the deaths?

Just "mutants are afraid because the Inhumans outnumber us"? F that noise.

Also can I just point out that all of the mutants in this issue (except for Dazzler herself) were the kind with physical mutations? You know the ones most likely to have trouble fitting into normal human society because they can't pass for a baseline human?
    And the Inhuman girls did not have physical characteristics that immediately identified them as Inhuman.
    So it's kinda funny seeing mutants being the oppressors in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Whatever, I liked it. Minorities turning on each other is depressingly real, and yes I do happen to think the Inhumans were the right choice here. Previous stories aside, you can't bring them up around these boards without much wailing about how they're all imperialist genocide monsters, as if every single Inhuman had their finger on the trigger of the T-bomb back in Infinity. That's akin to calling every German citizen from 1939 'til now a Nazi. (doubly hilarious since, if you're looking for Nazis nowadays, you'll have much better luck looking in the United States) (god this world deserves death) Unless Black Bolt and Maximus were trying to get into Dazzler's gig, there were no "oppressors" on-page. Most Inhumans are just...people, who got turned into coccoons by gas once and are trying to deal with traumatic physical change but are still just people. Mutants in general, and the X-Men in particular, should know how it feels to be held accountable for the sins of the worst of your own kind despite having nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, there's always a bunch that just LOVE having the shoe on the other foot and can't stop themselves from kicking when they should be better than that.

The X-board should also know better than that. But they don't. Time and again this place is...I can't f***ing...can't put the words together because I'm just remembering all the other times I have been ashamed to post here and now I'm honestly trembling with rage. And not to name and shame, but Tycon, I expected better from you. That kind of POV is what I'd expect to see from the folks with Cyclops avatars (for it is always them, every time), you are normally better than this.

...I need to walk away from the computer now and punch a wall until my knuckles swell up.

Good book. Right message. Wrong fanbase.
    AAAAAAAAAAlright. Let's get into this.

To start off, you may be massively underselling my point in this comic. The message of the comic is all too true. As a black gay guy, there's an intersectionality of diversity as well as an intersectionality of bigotry. In the black community, there's a deep seed of homophobia ingrained in our culture because of, well, lots of reasons. Toxic masculinity, colonization, emasculation/dehumanization of slaves, etc etc. In the LGBTQ+ community, there's a deep seed of antiblackness because, before sexuality, the first thing anyone sees is race and how it's perceived in society. I am absolutely not saying that Visaggio isn't making a relevant and timeless point in a story that needs to be told, it's the route in which she took it. She fails to acknowledge the oppressive system that the Inhumans knowingly or unknowingly held up by remaining passive during the M-Pox massacre. Yes, yes, yes, I know it was the dirty Royal Family, but it isn't too far out to say that the Nuhumans and non-Royal Inhumans knew just how devastating it really was. Hell, Hellion was about to destroy New Attilan in an M-Pox-fueled rampage to make his death mean something and to simply be heard. Everyone knew the damage the Terrigen did to Mutants, and the Inhumans/NuHumans had the power to end it or help out the situation. That's totally different from expecting an almost-powerless working class to fight against Nazis, which they did anyway.

And for Vissagio to use language that black activists use when discussing decolonization or social justice was really sick and twisted. Especially in the mouths of those who were supposed to be the villains of the stories. She should've known better. It's one thing to talk about opressed groups targeting other opressed groups. It's another thing to talk about opressed groups being villified for wanting a safe space away from their opressors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Is Dazzler still sick with M-Pox, or did that get fixed somewhere? Or just forgotten about, like Rogue?
    This, as of right now, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait does that mean that the sterilization still happened? Then that means that a lot of mutants are still sterile.
    This hasn't been confirmed anywhere, that I know of.

BANNED

Yeah, probably tryin' to get away from Kitty, just like Colossus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    ... Just "mutants are afraid because the Inhumans outnumber us"?...
    No, "coming back from the brink of eXtinction," was also mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    No, "coming back from the brink of eXtinction," was also mentioned.
    But its not placing the blame on that on the M-Pox or Terrigen which the Inhuman Royal Family (their chosen representatives to the world) were responsible for.

Hell it's so vague it could be referring to the Decimation still.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Is Dazzler still sick with M-Pox, or did that get fixed somewhere? Or just forgotten about, like Rogue?
    It wasn't forgotten. She was healed after a makeout session with Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This, as of right now, as far as I know.

This hasn't been confirmed anywhere, that I know of.
    Do you mean that the mutants are still sterile or that they are no longer sterile? Cause I haven't heard of any panel saying they cured that.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Based on what she said in this issue, Dazzler would have definitely fitted in with the Uncanny Avengers, a team that both Havok and Beast were on (but not the same time, Havok was in the first Unity Squad and Beast in the final lineup).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman