Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Characters that you would like to see buried.

I know that every character is someone's favorite....but what characters would you like to see killed off?

Hawkeye can't shoot straight: This is painful, which is why I'm getting it out of the way first. Clint Barton is dead....might as well make it official. I keep waiting for Hawkeye to show and be awesome but Marvel keeps pushing this dude in a boring shirt and shades who is nowhere near as awesome.

Too many people poppin' claws: Wolverine welcome back. Now that Logan is back X-23 can stay so Logan doesn't pop up in everyone's book. The rest of them can take the dirt nap. I would also like to add that this is the only group that eliminating characters from brings me joy. Bye Daken! Bye Badger!

A cluster of Spiders: No one is killing Peter. Miles gets to stay. Jessica Drew gets to stay, but lose the kid. All the other webslingers best get their pillows in preparation for a nice long dirt nap.

Marc Spector: Moonknight will always be nothing more than a cool costume and name. The biggest obstacle to the character success has always been the person wearing it. Kill Marc and put the costume on somebody new who is SANE

Feel free to add characters.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.

All the old big name X-Men, Avengers, street heroes, villains...
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Cap America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Dr Doom, Loki, Ultron, Dr Strange and so on...
    Their stories have been told and retold. I'd enjoy the comics a lot more if they all got away.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Cap America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Dr Doom, Loki, Ultron, Dr Strange and so on...
    Their stories have been told and retold. I'd enjoy the comics a lot more if they all got away.
    What I can't stand is when Marvel creates a "family" of characters out of a solo character. To me, that is more of a DC Comics thing, it really bugs me when Marvel does it. It's like Marvel turned into Pre-Crisis DC so gradually hardly anyone noticed.

The Sentry: the concept sounded good on paper, but he's been passed around enough writers by now and no one has done anything (imo) worth the panel space.

Franklin and Valerie Richards: literally the only thing that tells you that these are children are their height. Val moved out of the house and lived with Doom at age 3(4)?? Genius or what else, they're just adult little people to me, not kids, sorry not sorry.

Jimmy Howlett: that ultimate Wolverine's son who made it to main continuity? Yeah, gut him. I don't even really like Daken but at least it's a different take (albeit basically Sabertooth Jr).

The Young X-men 05: obviously they don't need to die, but they need to leave "the future" already. I started to tune it out, but I think they even said recently it isn't even them, just alternate timeline versions. Which again kinda says they're done here.

Eddie Brock: he should've succumbed to cancer and ended his chapter. The entirety of his origin is literally just a stalker (yeah yeah, retcons can't take away how ingrained into his background that actually was). Besides, Flash blew him outta the water as Venom~

The Jackal, Miles Warren: SO. TIRED. OF. CLONES.

Kraven the Hunter: this dude was an absolute non threatening joke his entire run, up until his death. Then Marvel decided to dig him up and remind us how incompetent he was again.

Deadpool

Hell, you can bury most characters created post-1986 and not miss a creative beat in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They kind of tried that... to some degree anyway.

Kill the time displaced O5 dead.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Sentry
    Squirrel Girl
    Gwenpool
    The time-displaced X-Teens
    Quintin Quire
    Kate Bishop
    All Ultimate characters, everywhere.

And Aunt May (it's past her time).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Sentry
    Squirrel Girl
    Gwenpool
    The time-displaced X-Teens
    Quintin Quire
    Kate Bishop
    All Ultimate characters, everywhere.

And Aunt May (it's past her time).
    I was with you until Aunt May.

I like the idea of her staying around, forever, never updated and always in the same characterization as she was during the Lee/Ditko/Romita Sr. days. This would delight and amuse me to no end.

The Ultimate Universe: The universe has been picked clean. Let it die.

Luke Cage: Luke Cage is boring. He has always been boring but we never realized it because the character was buried under 1970s cliches. Once those cliches were removed we saw how boring he really was. You can kill him have another brother call himself Luke Cage (You can do that, Luke Cage isn't his real name) and as long as he lives in Harlem you're good to go.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-06-2018 at 01:09 PM.

EASILY

Charles Xavier
    Magneto
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Madelyne Pryor

every time-displaced alternate reality character that isn't Rachel Summers or Miles Morales.

I've got a idea about condensing the timelines to fit Bishop's XSE, Cable and Stryfe to all come from Rachel's DOFP.

Agree with the Ultimate characters. I actually quite like Miles, but there was no need to foist any of them on 616. Jimmy Howlett is appalling.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Too many people poppin' claws: Wolverine welcome back. Now that Logan is back X-23 can stay so Logan doesn't pop up in everyone's book. The rest of them can take the dirt nap. I would also like to add that this is the only group that eliminating characters from brings me joy. Bye Daken! Bye Badger!
    Why not kill Logan/Wolverine and keep Honey Badger?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What I can't stand is when Marvel creates a "family" of characters out of a solo character. To me, that is more of a DC Comics thing, it really bugs me when Marvel does it. It's like Marvel turned into Pre-Crisis DC so gradually hardly anyone noticed.
    Both companies are guilty of bloating the brand of famous characters. It's stupid.

Speedball
    Squirrel Girl
    Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
    New Ben Reilly
    Mystique
    Black Cat

As time has passed, that has become a reality. I remember there was a time when Marvel fans mocked and laughed at the Legion of Super-pets. But then...:
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin