Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Lightbulb

Silk, Silk and Silk.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 06-07-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel fans also mocked the bad stories other fans would always create with a character with claws who turned out to be Wolverine's son or daughter. It was sort of a right of passage for every Marvel fan, that they would grow out of. Now...well I already mentioned the claw poppers.
    Culd be worse. Could be a whole breed of wolverines around.But Marvelnever would do that,right?
    Right...

Angela: Remember when Angela was a fun hunter angel? Marvel could have just kept the orgin the same. Now she is Thor's sister because...uh..no idea
    Because they needed to plug her in some way and the version of heaven from Spawn didn't match with the version of heaven of Marvel and their concept of angels.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    All the old big name X-Men, Avengers, street heroes, villains...
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Cap America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Dr Doom, Loki, Ultron, Dr Strange and so on...
    Their stories have been told and retold. I'd enjoy the comics a lot more if they all got away.
    Oh, and I'd add Quentin Quire, Annabelle Riggs and Wolvie from Exiles.

Buried Alien.

-Pav, who doesn't really dislike anyone...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Oh, another Hate Thread. Fun!

Anyway: Punisher.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

joan

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    EASILY

Charles Xavier
    Magneto
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Madelyne Pryor

every time-displaced alternate reality character that isn't Rachel Summers or Miles Morales.

I've got a idea about condensing the timelines to fit Bishop's XSE, Cable and Stryfe to all come from Rachel's DOFP.
    Don't you touch a single hair on Jean Grey's head

Things I Learned So Far From This Thread

1. You folks seem to really dislike multiple heroes spinning off of one hero! It seems that the most you can tolerate are one to two heroes spinning off.

Peter Parker Spider-Man: Jessica and Miles and you want the rest dead.

Logan is Wolverine: X:23 can stay and everyone else can take a dirt nap.

Bruce Banner is Hulk: Jennifer can stay and everyone else can go.

2. The Sentry hate is still going strong. The Sentry has always struck me as a character that only a writer could love, Moonknight is another.

3. People dislike Franklin and Valerie Richards.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-07-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Franklin Richards Not sure why Marvel made him so powerful but it's absurd

American Chavez Just where is she from and where is she going to?

Moon Girl, Now I've bought a few issues, Liked it! the point of her?

Sentry and Hyperion, Superman ripoffs and no-where near as intresting, If you have the hulk then you do not need those 2?

Wolverine the original. Much prefer Dakan and laura. the original got oversold for my tastes

The Inhumans blow hot and cold for me, mostly cold. Marvel seem to have no real Idea of where to take them
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

BANNED

The dreadfully unfunny one-trick-pony knon as Deadpool.

Also, John Trav- eh, The Beyonder.

The Great Lake Avengers: Hey, West Coast Avengers fans! Do you remember how excited you felt when you heard the WCA was coming back? Then you saw the team and your heart dropped and it felt like a joke? It felt like Marvel didn't take the team seriously and by extension the ENTIRE west coast seriously? It confirmed your long held suspicions that nothing outside of New York matters. Really stunk, huh? Well I can understand, because that is how I felt when I first saw the GLA team.

Marvel has now turned the WCA into a gag team just like the GLA What we can take away from this is that Marvel has gotten even more New York Centric. So if we give it another thirty years Marvel will have two Avengers teams, both in New York City. One team just for the state of NY and the other just for NYC. They will have another team called the Global Avengers, and they will be a gag team.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Let's see. The characters definitely on my kill list are:

Franklin Richards
    Johnny Storm
    Punisher
    Wolverine Prime
    Shatterstar
    Quinten Quire
    Black Widow
    Amadeus Cho
    Nate Grey
    Cable
    Black Panther
    Kitty Pryde

Characters who are very close to being on it:

Blade
    Carol Danvers

Moon Girl
    Medusa

Oh and Flash Thompson would've been on my kill list too, but... YAAAAAAAAY!
    Thank you Dan Slott.
    We all know that in the next 6 to 8 months, Marvel is going to engage into some major turd polishing on dear Carol!

Charles Xavier should've stayed dead. Kitty was totally right about him being a jerk. He always was. Never mind the unpopular retcons, he was kind of a jerk from the first issue. He pretty much outlived his own relevance. He works better as a martyr, a symbol, than as the leader of the X-Men.

The Hellfire Brats. An obnoxious and ill-advised idea, carried out in a way that was not at all entertaining.

And that's all. There are tons of other characters I dislike, or even hate. But I'm not the kind of miserable bastard who thinks everyone should be designed to appeal to me, and that other people should be denied the opportunity to read characters they enjoy. I think the Eddie Brock Venom is a boring character, and I have absolutely no interest in reading any of his comics. But if other people enjoy his books, then hey, no skin off my back, and I'm quite satisfied to just ignore Venom.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

After being disappointed with X-Men Red, I have to say that Jean Grey should have stayed dead.

Instead, we're being teased that the better wife of Cyclops is about to die along with Star Lord!
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Really...anybody. Because deep down I think the whole “convention” of no “main” character ever “dying permanently” is well past its sell by date.

But I’ll propose a character that I like and has been featured in many of my favourite stories: Reed Richards. I actually think the next set of Fantastic Four stories would be better...because new possibilities would be opened...if Reed was permanently offed.

And no...you really, really don’t need to bring him back because he’s “unique”. Other characters can be written as going into lab for 15 minutes and creating something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Maybe the deal spidey made with mephisto was that aunt may would live forever.
    Reminds me of when Marvel did a feature for 2099 and they joked that May would still be alive in the year 2099.