Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    That last page is the most common and cliche scene in anything related to Silver Surfer. It has been done so many times it has lost any value.
    I would say nothing that iconic ever loses its value.

I will agree it feels like an abrupt development but yet I'm not unhappy about it.

Galactus as the lifebringer was actually interesting. Exploring it futher would have been great.

And what happened to Surfers power signature being Dawn's lifeforce?

Yet more status quo turnarounds everytime there is a new writer. Smh.
    As soon as they turned Galactus into the Life-Bringer, I knew it wasn't going to last. I know some people found it interesting but I thought it was a mistake to take such an iconic character and completely turn him on his head. That the story Ewing told was good in and of itself was fine but there's no way Galactus was going to stay in that form. And, in my opinion, he shouldn't have. I don't want Galactus as some good guy, spreading life throughout the universe, I want him to be the world devourer. There's no one else who can fill that slot. The MU needs Galactus to be Galactus and while I think they could've brought him back in a less clumsy fashion, I think the move overall was a correct one.

Galactus being the Life Bringer was the legacy of the Ultimates series. Turning Galactus back into the World Devourer renders that series meaningless.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Galactus being the Life Bringer was the legacy of the Ultimates series. Turning Galactus back into the World Devourer renders that series meaningless.
    The series itself should have done it. Selfless hero Galactus sacrifices his greatest desire to save Eternity is a better end to the story than he sacrifices it to stop some rockets he could have stopped without doing it.

No one to blame here besides whoever decided not to go with that ending, making this needed.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Acknowledging Phylla and Moondragon (AU or otherwise) but reverting Galactus to status quo in deathly disappointing fashion sounds like a monkey's paw wish from me.

Honestly, whatever interest or stakes this series could've held were obliterated the moment it was confirmed to just be set-up for some other Infinity nonsense.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The series itself should have done it. Selfless hero Galactus sacrifices his greatest desire to save Eternity is a better end to the story than he sacrifices it to stop some rockets he could have stopped without doing it.

No one to blame here besides whoever decided not to go with that ending, making this needed.
    I agree on both accounts. *sigh* well it was nice while it lasted tho.

BANNED

I don't think one story can render another meaningless.

For instance, Kraven's Last Hunt remains a great story even though Kraven's death was eventually undone and he seems to pop up all over the place.

If it was a good story, it remains a good story.

How many issues was Surfer actually herald of Galactus? Very few, wasn't he?

Obviously #48-50 of Fantastic Four, and he took the role briefly during (and after?) Annihilation. Was Surfer a herald in his own series? Only just now starting Starlin's run in Silver Surfer (1988) series.

To reiterate what others said: yeah Galactus losing his Lifebringer status sucks and is anither instance of "UWU my nuhstawgia" over good storytelling. It would've been more interesting to see Surfer find another way rather than Galan.

Incredible Member

That last page is the most common and cliche scene in anything related to Silver Surfer. It has been done so many times it has lost any value.
    Honestly, it's seasonal temp work by this point.

I liked Gamora and Nova's interaction in this.

And Gamora is right in knocking Starlord since the Nova Corps were just finished having an internal affair conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    To reiterate what others said: yeah Galactus losing his Lifebringer status sucks and is anither instance of "UWU my nuhstawgia" over good storytelling. It would've been more interesting to see Surfer find another way rather than Galan.
    No, I dont think it is. Duggan appears to have a plan going on for it. It isnt just doing it for the sake, yet.

BANNED

Galactus and surfer are back to planet eating scouting. the power stone is back to normal size. drax is back to almost being his old self. warlock gets his soul gem. why is hank allowed to rot as Ultron?

While it is a regression if this gets the Silver Surfer back in the mix I'm for it. Not only that I will now be picking up this mess of event just because of the Surfer.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Reading this now, at a loss as to how Moondragon could read everyone's mind there at the scene. Cosmo is a high level telepath and would be protected, and both of the Elders are notoriously immune to Earthborn telepaths, leaving just Quill.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Reading this now, at a loss as to how Moondragon could read everyone's mind there at the scene. Cosmo is a high level telepath and would be protected, and both of the Elders are notoriously immune to Earthborn telepaths, leaving just Quill.
    Different universe Moonstone may be more powerful