Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think Sabretooth dialogue is cringy on purpose.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    I guess i agree with you lol rather have Sabretooth be written well and used in short sprouts then have him around all the time like that loser Roger guy above lol and not get taken seriously.
    Yeah. I'd love for Sabretooth to be around a lot & written well. But wanting both those things simultaneously is asking for the Holy Grail. Again, last 2 chapters I can give props to for vast improvement. But whenever I think back to better writers who've had Creed since Axis, I get annoyed that we couldn't get more of that, instead being stuck with what we're getting here.

They've ignored his previous development so they can start from scratch, and remake "inverted" Creed in their image. So instead of Angelus to Angel like Remender said, he's basically Spike -who was the same with or without a soul.

But given Pak's interview comments, I am betting he's gonna reveal Creed's not inverted at all, but for some reason is still not the monster he was, and he's frustrated & confused about it.

Nevertheless it seems like they want to keep this book around because its going monthly i think. Maybe Marvel's keeping the book around for Wolverine to go against Weapon X-Force with his HEAT CLAWS!!!!! lol
    Well the promos, or solicits are talking about this team causing problems for the X-verse. So seems they may wanna keep this team around.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-07-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. I'd love for Sabretooth to be around a lot & written well. But wanting both those things simultaneously is asking for the Holy Grail.
    lol
    And that's a wrap ladies and gentlemen!

i actually liked this issue. maybe it's just my excitement from seeing Omega Red again, but i didn't think it was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i actually liked this issue. maybe it's just my excitement from seeing Omega Red again, but i didn't think it was terrible
    This issue wasn't terrible at all. Least not for me. I think it was decent. Not good like the last chapter, but decent and enjoyable. The dialogue just still sucks in a good few spots. If you just looked at the pages & art with no speech bubbles, everything looks great. But when you add some of Pak / Van Lente's dialogue, it drops the score a tad. lol

These last 2 chapters have definitely been better than what came before them. But things could still be a good bit better. We're on a decent track that seems to promise some improvement.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-07-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Spectacular Member

I wonder why anyone is this surprised at all, this was exactly how Sabretooth was written in the Brotherhood storyline in Uncanny XForce and Wolverine and the Xmen after he was resurrected but before he was inverted.

And I never thought I’d see the day when 616-Omega Red of all people would become an X-Man. Even 616-Sabretooth and 616-Lady Deathstrike have been shown to have some “humanity” of redeeming values in the past, while OR never has so far LOL

Also, 616-Marvel now has a female (X-clusively) Ice-mutant at last , who is a Russian General!

Nice to know that the serie is a little better than before but wow at the "I can haz cheeseburger" line that people mentioned that's beyond terrible lol.

So this Russian general could be the last team member? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Nice to know that the serie is a little better than before but wow at the "I can haz cheeseburger" line that people mentioned that's beyond terrible lol.

So this Russian general could be the last team member? Interesting.
    I don't know if i'll like her, since we just met her. But long as she's not Mystique, or similar to her in anyway, I can handle that.

I also find it funny that Creed of all people will have a team consisting of mostly "frails", with only 1 other male member. lol

Unless we're gonna get more additions to the team. Wouldn't be unheard of to have a team of 6 - 7 characters. And we can't rule out Domino leaving at some point either, if she gets too sick of Creed or Omega Red.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-08-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I don't know if i'll like her, since we just met her. But long as she's not Mystique, or similar to her in anyway, I can handle that.

I also find it funny that Creed of all people will have a team consisting of mostly "frails", with only 1 other male member. lol

Unless we're gonna get more additions to the team. Wouldn't be unheard of to have a team of 6 - 7 characters. And we can't rule out Domino leaving at some point either, if she gets too sick of Creed or Omega Red.
    I see, just have to be careful there is still the possibility that this Russian general is in reality Mystique lol. Yeah it's funny that his team will only have one other male member but Creed worked a lot with women in the past (Birdie, Mystique, Deathstrike) so that's not too suprising either.

As for Domino, Creed just have to tell her they're gonna rob a bank and she will stay no matter what

I see, just have to be careful there is still the possibility that this Russian general is in reality Mystique lol. Yeah it's funny that his team will only have one other male member but Creed worked a lot with women in the past (Birdie, Mystique, Deathstrike) so that's not too suprising either.

As for Domino, Creed just have to tell her they're gonna rob a bank and she will stay no matter what
    You know, i just realized, if Claremont has gone with his original idea of Sabretooth being Wolverine's father, that would had mean that she has a sexual relationship with father and son... man that's icky and somehow i can see Claremont doing something like that considering some of his, well quirks as a writter

I really liked this one.

Red and Weapon X were both great this week.

Omega Red and Sabretooth were both amazing besides the meme speak.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You know, i just realized, if Claremont has gone with his original idea of Sabretooth being Wolverine's father, that would had mean that she has a sexual relationship with father and son... man that's icky and somehow i can see Claremont doing something like that considering some of his, well quirks as a writter
    Yeah I could see it, just add some tentacle, Psylocke saying that her psychic knife is the focused totality of her telepathic abilities and a dead character saying he got better and you have the next classic Claremont X-Men story lol.

Yeah I could see it, just add some tentacle, Psylocke saying that her psychic knife is the focused totality of her telepathic abilities and a dead character saying he got better and you have the next classic Claremont X-Men story lol.
    Marvel need him back ASAP, the man still has more to tell .

Spectacular Member

I hope not, we need more female / Russian / female Russian / ice-power mutants / characters / mutant characters in Marvel.