Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 197
  1. #121
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What exactly has Bunn done to provoke the negative comments about him? He has always been a solid writer with a pretty good pedigree before joining Marvel, with a reasonable track record on team books. At one point he was seen as a potential saviour of Marvel.

    Personally, he is writing one of my favourite books X-Men Blue, and although it is not the deepest of books it is a good story with thoughtful characterisation and the requisite convoluted plot that I look for in an X-Book.
    Yeah, the weird hate that exists for Bunn among some fans doesn't seem to be rooted in anything substantial.

    Personally, when I see Bunn's name on a book I feel confident that it's going to be - at the very least - solidly written.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    What about Marvel 2-in-One, it was supposed to be a mini but then it was expanded for more issues an even an annual?
    Was it supposed to be a mini? I thought it was always an ongoing.

  2. #122
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, the weird hate that exists for Bunn among some fans doesn't seem to be rooted in anything substantial.

    Personally, when I see Bunn's name on a book I feel confident that it's going to be - at the very least - solidly written.



    Was it supposed to be a mini? I thought it was always an ongoing.
    Me too but I think it was supposed to be a mini in the beginning like Tales of Suspense, but it have had enough success to be more.

  3. #123
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Was it supposed to be a mini? I thought it was always an ongoing.
    I am pretty sure they always intended it to be longer but it may not go too long. It will probably fade after F4 is out.

    <I literally took a big sigh as I wrote those last words. The variant covers are my desktop wallpaper right now and it feels so good to have them back.>

  4. #124
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She is from Heven. She was born into the Anchorites, the caste who are assigned male at birth. As for her powers, she has magic. Very strong magic, at that. She is, in fact, a very talented magician. Oh, and she's also an experienced bounty hunter, a competent fighter with physical abilities beyond those of most mortal beings.

    This is information that's actually pretty clearly presented in the comic, for anyone who read it.
    I only read Sera in the Secret Wars mini. I didnít know she appeared anywhere else. In that Sera was powerless and she didnít come from Heven.

  5. #125
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    I personally think that Bunn is one of the best writers at Marvel right now. I’m very excited for this series.

  6. #126
    Incredible Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    722

    Default

    I honestly wanted Thor to see him with Angela, you know, to have some big sis and baby bro stuff.

    I also want Angela to have better views on Asgardians.

  7. #127
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I honestly wanted Thor to see him with Angela, you know, to have some big sis and baby bro stuff.

    I also want Angela to have better views on Asgardians.
    THIS! I would love to see Angela interact with her long lost siblings, hopefully we get this in Thor which has him teaming up with his brothers and such
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  8. #128
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I only read Sera in the Secret Wars mini. I didn’t know she appeared anywhere else. In that Sera was powerless and she didn’t come from Heven.
    That reality was very Earth based, and even then Sera kind of knew she was in a story, recognising it was a "period piece". Also even that story contained the central marriage theme of the whole run. Just saying.

  9. #129
    Incredible Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I gathered that. But until recently I have only ever heard positive things about his writing. Recently I made a passingly negative comment about him and I was shot down despite generally being a fan of his work and having been reading him ever since I came back to comics. And yet on this thread we see some posters casually state that because he is writing it they won’t read it. So there have to be some reasons behind this.
    Personally, I just don't like his writing. I find it adequate at best and more often mediocre, which makes it frustrating when many people on these forums (particularly on the X-boards) are constantly praising his work. It doesn't help that most of his work is in a genre that I really don't care for (horror/edgelord) and if he's capable of writing outside that narrow style I have never seen proof of it. He is also often (on these boards, at least) never criticized, even when his writing is clearly sub-standard. I've seen so many people on the X-boards complain that the book is dull and then blame that on the characters he's writing rather than on the man's actual writing, it's very irritating. I really, really dislike everything he has done with the O5 (or perhaps hasn't done would be more accurate), Psylocke, Monet, and Emma and find his work with Magneto so boring (the transition of the character from Uncanny to Blue was also one of the most lazy hand waving heel turns I've seen).

    On the subject of minis becoming ongoings, I don't think I've seen anyone mention the Madrox mini which became the X-Factor ongoing.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-08-2018 at 08:06 AM.

  10. #130
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New Tian
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    https://news.marvel.com/comics/89773...of-the-galaxy/
    heres a interview Marvel just posted with him for the book
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

  11. #131
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Personally, I just don't like his writing. I find it adequate at best and more often mediocre, which makes it frustrating when many people on these forums (particularly on the X-boards) are constantly praising his work. It doesn't help that most of his work is in a genre that I really don't care for (horror/edgelord) and if he's capable of writing outside that narrow style I have never seen proof of it. He is also often (on these boards, at least) never criticized, even when his writing is clearly sub-standard. I've seen so many people on the X-boards complain that the book is dull and then blame that on the characters he's writing rather than on the man's actual writing, it's very irritating. I really, really dislike everything he has done with the O5 (or perhaps hasn't done would be more accurate), Psylocke, Monet, and Emma and find his work with Magneto so boring (the transition of the character from Uncanny to Blue was also one of the most lazy hand waving heel turns I've seen).

    On the subject of minis becoming ongoings, I don't think I've seen anyone mention the Madrox mini which became the X-Factor ongoing.
    Well finding his work boring is not a major condemnation. Personally I really like X-Blue and what he is doing with the O5 and although I wouldn’t claim him to be a great writer he is more than up to that job IMO. I would maybe be a little more concerned if he was about to embark on a Thor book, but this is not that and again he is bound to do an OK job with it.

    With a bit more development he could potentially make a really good writer, and even work on Thor, but for my tastes he isn’t quite there yet. I quite like his thematic work, but it can be a little surface for my tastes. Also he sometimes has a tendency to throw too much into his stories, which can result in overly dense issues towards the end of his runs. These are all minor nitpicks and very much taste based. He clearly has the chops to be writing for Marvel.

  12. #132
    'Fro, yo. CraigTheCylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    A WHIRLWIND OF RAZORS AND LEMON JUICE.
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Probably not the team line-up I would've chosen but not bad.

    Still, though...if that's really Skurge, really back, after claiming the Best Death In Comics Forever in a walk, Bunn had better have a plan for him and it had better be gold.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

  13. #133
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/89773...of-the-galaxy/
    heres a interview Marvel just posted with him for the book
    So it is a limited series: guess i won’t have to make room for it in my comic box.

  14. #134
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Probably not the team line-up I would've chosen but not bad.

    Still, though...if that's really Skurge, really back, after claiming the Best Death In Comics Forever in a walk, Bunn had better have a plan for him and it had better be gold.
    How come everyone who dies gets to come back except mar- vell?

  15. #135
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mercs for Money, though it restarted with a new #1, changed it's roster at issue 4, and didn't last a year. Also, Spider-Gwen was originally just an issue of Edge of Spider-Verse, they fast tracked that to ongoing status, but Secret Wars turned that first volume into a mini. The second volume though, has over 30 issues.
    There were actually even more Secret War minis that got turned into series. A force, weird world, red wolf (kind of) and some others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •