Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

You're right, there's a lot of dupes - Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Wasp, Hulk (even though Amadeus isn't Hulk any more, Jennifer is, so it's still duped), Falcon, and until recently Captain America and Thor (not Iron Man though, as Doom gave up the identity as soon as Tony returned, and Riri uses a different name).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Hate isn't really an Angela thing. Everything has a price, and when said price is paid hr work is done. Not really the type to dwell on things. She decides quickly and decisively.
    which pisses of the entire Asgard

Just popping in to say that I thought that issue #2 was every bit as good as #1. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this story is going.

And I'm not sure, but I think that I saw Smasher with the Imperial Guard. Is this the same character that Cannonball is married to? Or do I have my characters confused?
    Last edited by Thievery; 10-06-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    I liked #1. Bought it thinking it was a mini series but Bunn's afterword suggests it's an ongoing (for now). Liked all the characters even the ones new to me and enjoyed the art. I do like having Kid Loki back however it does create yet another example of a de-uniquing of a character. Currently Marvel can't stand the thought of having just one Spider-Man for example. So here again we have a popular character duplicated.
    Well, except it isn't really Kid Loki.... it's just plain old Loki, making a projection of himself so he can be in two places at once, and that projection just looks like Kid Loki for... some reason. I mean, yeah he's kinda been duplicated, technically, (.... maybe. it's not entirely clear if "Kid Loki" is even there physically at all, or is just an illusion to make conversing with him easier) but it's not really the same as the other examples, like Miles Morales or whatever, since his mind is still the same as the Loki in Thor etc as far as we can gather so far. He knows Angela and all the other Asgardians gathered, all of whom the real Kid Loki had never met, and he doesn't act like Kid Loki at all, he talks like regular Loki, he plots and schemes like regular Loki. He's also pulled similar stunts before, (though not usually consciously, but it must be within his abilities all the same, if he can do it unconsciously, like he did in Young Avengers with fake-Leah) and I don't think this is a permanent thing. He's just got himself spread so thin between Thor, Avengers, and Infinity Wars that he's had to split himself in two, essentially, and he'll probably show up in person at some point once he's done in one or more of the other things and this "Kid Loki" will be no more. (again)
    Last edited by Raye; 10-06-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    And I'm not sure, but I think that I saw Smasher with the Imperial Guard. Is this the same character that Cannonball is married to? Or do I have my characters confused?
    Yeah, that's right.

War of the Realms starts in April, so I'd expect the plot with Nebula to be resolved by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's right.

War of the Realms starts in April, so I'd expect the plot with Nebula to be resolved by then.
    Thank you for the information on Smasher. It's much appreciated.

Just popping in because I almost forgot to say that I enjoyed issue #3.

The action scenes between the dead Naglfar gods and the Shi'Ar were nice, as well as the battle scenes between the Asgardians and the undead Neterdeen gods.

I was disappointed about the "Amora" in this comic being revealed to be Kid Loki in disguise. I wanted it to be Amora who freed Surge from hell, not Loki.

The action scenes between the dead Naglfar gods and the Shi'Ar were nice, as well as the battle scenes between the Asgardians and the undead Neterdeen gods.

I was disappointed about the "Amora" in this comic being revealed to be Kid Loki in disguise. I wanted it to be Amora who freed Surge from hell, not Loki.
    Well, that explains the amora angle- frankly i thought it was a bit out of left field to have amora free skurge from hell, and then not keep tabs on him again.
    Last edited by protege; 11-14-2018 at 07:57 PM.

this is way better than Thor's own run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    this is way better than Thor's own run.
    love this book, fun cosmic trippy adventures, its nor perfect but it is fun, I wish this team was handling thor

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, that explains the amora angle- frankly i thought it was a bit out of left field to have amora free skurge from hell, and then not keep tabs on him again.
    Yeah, Amora probably wouldn't just free Skurge, leave him in Angela's hands, and than not keep up on what the guy was up to. Hell, if I'm caught up on my continuity correctly, Amora would have probably freed the guy by now if she actually could.
    I just like Amora, so I was just disappointed it was Kid Loki, and not Amora as I was reading that scene.

what sort of space ship do they use for travel?

Astonishing Member

I would love to see amora return, I just don't want Aaron to be the writer for it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what sort of space ship do they use for travel?
    Sorry, Hypestyle, for not answering your question sooner. I thought that I had, but I must have forgotten to.

I'm not sure what the actual name of the space ship is, but it has a shard of the rainbow bridge plugged into it's warp drive

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I would love to see amora return, I just don't want Aaron to be the writer for it
    Huh. I really am the only one on this forum who likes Aaron's Thor.

Sorry, Hypestyle, for not answering your question sooner. I thought that I had, but I must have forgotten to.

I'm not sure what the actual name of the space ship is, but it has a shard of the rainbow bridge plugged into it's warp drive

Huh. I really am the only one on this forum who likes Aaron's Thor.
    ah, very cool. seems like the rainbow bridge shard could power the ship for a long time.