Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Just a few notes on AotG #1

• A little bummed Angela is back to the barely clothed outfit after her solo book had her in some badass armor. Cool that she's leading the team. I would've thought Valkyrie would take charge.
    • I did not expect Kid Loki to be inside the Destroyer. At all. I have absolutely no idea how/why he's back, but I'm intrigued. As a separate identity from Loki, and with his own motivations. This should be very interesting. He honestly hadn't even crossed my mind when it came to who's in the armour.
    • Executioner & Valkyrie were the standout characters for me.
    • Nice little connection to Requiem as mentioned by Nebula. I've grown kinda attached to the idea of her having somewhat noble intentions, so I must admit seeing her as a villain threw me off a little.
    • I hope to see this team become involved in next years War of the Realms, which we know will also impact the Avengers, and maybe even some of the other heroes of Earth. If the armies of Malekith and the Queen of Cinders invade Earth. Wouldn't mind seeing a few tie-ins for that tbh.

Yeah, I would definitely expect this to tie into War of the Realms, since it's a Thor adjacent book. Avengers having the same writer as Thor means that's definitely involved as well.

It makes sense that Valkyrie isn't the leader, considering she's not there half the time on account of her merging with Annabelle Riggs in Fearless Defenders (when Val said that was a long story, they should've had an editor's note saying to buy the TPB. At least it was mentioned in the backmatter).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    like why angela is on thor’s hit list
    Angela will fight in War of the Realms.

Aaron confirmed it.

so she probably screw over Thor and he is pissed... again.
    Last edited by GodThor; 09-06-2018 at 12:37 PM.

I like the look of Val's white and black costume with gold accents.

I Hope the art and story is good.

Well, I thought that this was a very enjoyable read, and it was my favorite comic this weak.

I loved all of the characters, but probably Skurge, Annabelle and Valkyrie the most.

I was surprised about the Destroyer reveal, and that it happened so early in the series.

Is this the original Skurge tge Executioner who died a long time ago in Thor's book? If so, I did not know he had returned. Was it in this series or somewhere else?

Yeah, he was just resurrected over in Thor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

so does angela still hate Thor? anyone she actually likes?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he was just resurrected over in Thor.
    Thanks. I always liked The Executioner and was confused/excited to see him on the cover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Still need some background on the characters, like why angela is on thor’s hit list; kevin masterson was recruited why,exactly? Will angela and valkyrie ever clash? And what is up with frog thor?!
    Wait, Kevin Masterson is in this?! If that's the case, that's great! Kid really fell through the cracks despite the potential he had, so I'm glad to see he's in this! That means I gotta start reading it, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There is no reason to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hate isn't really an Angela thing. Everything has a price, and when said price is paid hr work is done. Not really the type to dwell on things. She decides quickly and decisively. (Which is why they need to explain Sera at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Just a few notes on AotG #1

• A little bummed Angela is back to the barely clothed outfit after her solo book had her in some badass armor. Cool that she's leading the team. I would've thought Valkyrie would take charge.
    Agreed. There were a LOT of costume designs in her run, and it would have been nice to see her in one of those. The winged armor especially was very fitting: gave her both dignity and a clearer ties to Heven. Still got to shout out to her short Queen of Hel look though: the furs were sick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Agreed. There were a LOT of costume designs in her run, and it would have been nice to see her in one of those. The winged armor especially was very fitting: gave her both dignity and a clearer ties to Heven. Still got to shout out to her short Queen of Hel look though: the furs were sick.
    if u don't mind if i say something, Marvel is actually desexualising female characters nowadays, so i didn't like her new costume tbh . I was actually surprised to see kid Loki ,since i last saw him on Journey into the mystery , hi i am actually new at CBR .... just started to push my limits.........

I liked #1. Bought it thinking it was a mini series but Bunn's afterword suggests it's an ongoing (for now). Liked all the characters even the ones new to me and enjoyed the art. I do like having Kid Loki back however it does create yet another example of a de-uniquing of a character. Currently Marvel can't stand the thought of having just one Spider-Man for example. So here again we have a popular character duplicated.