Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default A Spider-girl Animated movie with a Disney touch ?

With the Disney/Marvel and Sony deal with Spider-man, maybe now we can finally get Spider-girl the DISNEY MOVIE ?

I mean think about it, Spider-girl's history/origin feels more like something from Disney. The Trials and Tribulations of the heroic Spider-man to reach the happy ending that is often sought out by many.

I mean honestly given how "Disney does their movies different from their story origins," it would be an interesting animated, NOT CGI, but an ACTUAL ANIMATED DRAWN MOVIE, feature on the BIG SCREEN.

So what do you say to that ?

Would anyone go see something like that ?

With the way Marvel Animation is going, expect crap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    With the way Marvel Animation is going, expect crap.
    Well, he said Disney would do it...

I'd watch it. Not like Marvel Comics is doing anything worthwhile with Spider-Man+Co.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'd be down as long as there isn't fourth wall breaking every ten seconds.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Lively and Optimistic lone_wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    With the Disney/Marvel and Sony deal with Spider-man, maybe now we can finally get Spider-girl the DISNEY MOVIE ?

I mean think about it, Spider-girl's history/origin feels more like something from Disney. The Trials and Tribulations of the heroic Spider-man to reach the happy ending that is often sought out by many.

I mean honestly given how "Disney does their movies different from their story origins," it would be an interesting animated, NOT CGI, but an ACTUAL ANIMATED DRAWN MOVIE, feature on the BIG SCREEN.

So what do you say to that ?

Would anyone go see something like that ?
    I would love to see a 2d animated version of this but if they were to go animated, John Lasseter would definitely go the CG route considering it would be from the Walt Disney Feature Animation side of things. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing. I could see it in the style of Big Hero 6 but just like BH6, Marvel wouldn't be involved with the sheer fact that they didn't want people confusing BH6 as part of the live action MCU.

Still would love to see visual development for this if they EVER even considered it. However if it was Marvel Animation (I always pass this studio on the way to the beach LOL), then most likely would go either straight to video or some movie special on Disney DX. Might be even worse if it was commissioned to Disney Toons studios which is the lower tier of all of Disney's animation studios. Lol MayDay teaming up with TinkerBell or something.

--Wolfie.
    Visual Development and Storyboard Portfolio
    http://www.imxprs.com/free/wolfie74/mj

"Animators are actors with pencils"
    --Glen Keane

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Noting the splintered path, Disney or affiliate but not Marvel Animation. The latter has a great team with nothing to show for it to date. I'm always down for a chance. What I mean is sometimes a movie turns out to be a dud, but I'm glad the property got the chance. Why I say this is the question I think is would you like Disney or a related animation team to do a Spider-girl animated venture if theirs a chance it will be great, decent or stink since all three will be possible?

On a few notes past that I'll drop some opinion. I would want to see an animated (drawn) vehicle, however I would think it stands a better chance as CGI. The reason is I don't believe Disney would invest the time and resources in a drawn piece for Spider-girl but would do a CGI. Marvel Animation maybe would do a hand drawn but the question becomes looking at their current state would you want that? Also no snark and sass. Disney and related CGI cartoons just draw to that stuff like a big magnet and I don't know why. The stories and characters are always so nicely done but then this sassy dry wit and pop culture shout out nonsense popcorns up and causes the record to skip. If I'm going to have Spider-girl I don't want to listen to her newly introduced spunky classmate pop up every twelve minutes with another " fresh remark ". Bleh! Lastly this was stand a much greater chance of both being greenlit and at achieving recognition as a direct to video piece or Netflix.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Noting the splintered path, Disney or affiliate but not Marvel Animation. The latter has a great team with nothing to show for it to date. I'm always down for a chance. What I mean is sometimes a movie turns out to be a dud, but I'm glad the property got the chance. Why I say this is the question I think is would you like Disney or a related animation team to do a Spider-girl animated venture if theirs a chance it will be great, decent or stink since all three will be possible?

On a few notes past that I'll drop some opinion. I would want to see an animated (drawn) vehicle, however I would think it stands a better chance as CGI. The reason is I don't believe Disney would invest the time and resources in a drawn piece for Spider-girl but would do a CGI. Marvel Animation maybe would do a hand drawn but the question becomes looking at their current state would you want that? Also no snark and sass. Disney and related CGI cartoons just draw to that stuff like a big magnet and I don't know why. The stories and characters are always so nicely done but then this sassy dry wit and pop culture shout out nonsense popcorns up and causes the record to skip. If I'm going to have Spider-girl I don't want to listen to her newly introduced spunky classmate pop up every twelve minutes with another " fresh remark ". Bleh! Lastly this was stand a much greater chance of both being greenlit and at achieving recognition as a direct to video piece or Netflix.
    Lasseter has pretty much nixed the 2D animation crew and kept a few veterans for Animation Character supervisor purposes and mentoring for visual development so 2D would be a no-go for Disney Feature Animation. It would definitely be CG if they considered it. If Disney Toons (the lower tier studio) got a hold of it, then it would also be CG. Same with WDFAS' sister studio up North, Pixar.

USually a Disney movie (From WDFAS) takes about 2-3 years to complete. A whole 2 years or even longer is dedicated to just visual development and story-creation alone. The storyboards also take over a year because the scripts keep getting revised or just completely revamped. Such for the case of Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and BH6. ALso keep in mind it will take a lot longer if they are involved back to back projects. Right now Walt Disney Feature Animation is working on Zootopia and will immediately be put on Moana since both are slated for 2016. They have movies titles slated for the next 5 years so the time for them to start thinking about even considering Spider-girl would be now and won't be worked on until their backlog of scheduled projects are cleared. They plan in advanced. ADR is even done way before they have the models ready to animate. And each Disney Movie has a different screen writer and director so not everything has been so consistent. Like compare Chris Buck's directing style to Don Hall and Chris Williams. Kind of night and day. As well as the writing when you compare Jennifer Lee or even past screenplay writer Linda Woolverton to Jordan Roberts and Dan Gerson as far as Disney goes.

Marvel Animation Studios would be 2D. Their schedule doesn't take as long as the Feature Animation side but they've got multiple projects running too like straight to video stuff. Perhaps MayDay's series could be straight to video. If they were to bid on this title, perhaps they could use the same Disney Toon model of pumping out STV.

--Wolfie

--Glen Keane

While a WDAS Spider-Girl film would be cool, I agree with lone wolf that chances of getting it soon are slim to none. A Kim Possible-esque series though would be perfectly fine.

BANNED

Why is Marvel animation so "meh"?

Meanwhile, every time I look up, DC has a several cool new animated features.

Yes, I'd love a Spider-Girl animated show or film series

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    While a WDAS Spider-Girl film would be cool, I agree with lone wolf that chances of getting it soon are slim to none. A Kim Possible-esque series though would be perfectly fine.
    Always loved Kim Possible! If they can pull of the same vibe for an animated Spider-Girl, that would be great! Something lighthearted, comedic and full of action.

--Wolfie

--Glen Keane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
    I would love to see a 2d animated version of this but if they were to go animated, John Lasseter would definitely go the CG route considering it would be from the Walt Disney Feature Animation side of things. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing. I could see it in the style of Big Hero 6 but just like BH6, Marvel wouldn't be involved with the sheer fact that they didn't want people confusing BH6 as part of the live action MCU.

Still would love to see visual development for this if they EVER even considered it. However if it was Marvel Animation (I always pass this studio on the way to the beach LOL), then most likely would go either straight to video or some movie special on Disney DX. Might be even worse if it was commissioned to Disney Toons studios which is the lower tier of all of Disney's animation studios. Lol MayDay teaming up with TinkerBell or something.

--Wolfie.
    Did I forget to mention that one of the BIG mandates of this idea is that Marvel DOES promote this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Did I forget to mention that one of the BIG mandates of this idea is that Marvel DOES promote this film.
    If that could happen, you'd still have a very long wait for the title to get past the conception and ideas stage. It's a cool idea but there's more of a chance for a Kim Possible-ish type of SG adaption than a feature length movie from WDFA. And even the Saturday morning cartoon would be a stretch. But....wishful thinking I guess. Maybe send a letter to Disney Toons for consideration? Shrug

Then again, Disney Toons has been getting some massive layoffs so maybe that's not the right avenue right now. Walt Disney Television Animation might be the right route to go since they cater to plenty of DisneyDX titles. They were at this years CTN tradeshow in Burbank. It's a tradeshow for fellow animators and animation students. Would have been a perfect time to bring it up during their Q and As. But there's always next year LOL.

--Wolfie

--Glen Keane

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post

Meanwhile, every time I look up, DC has a several cool new animated features.

Yes, I'd love a Spider-Girl animated show or film series
    I'm going to have to stop you there.

DC's recent animated fare has become pretty crap. I mean their TV work was fine to really good (Beware the Batman being the one recent exception), but their last 5 or so DTV's excluding the one with the Legion of Superheroes and the Time Trapper, have been at best mediocre.

Marvel's about the same level though. USM and Avengers have occasionally had good episodes, BUT they recycle so many of the same characters and the character development almost instantly regresses every other episode.

Hulk Agents of SMASH is just not good.

As to the OP, I would love for Disney to poach a few more Marvel properties, because Man of Action (USM/Avengers) and Paul Dini(Agents of SMASH) surprisingly are just not cutting it.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 02-12-2015 at 05:50 AM.

I think they would be smart to do this...but prob wont. A direct to video live action movie would prob be better...but a big budget movie would prob not happen...they would bring a lot of little girls onto the spider-train!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    A severe lack of Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Greg Wiseman, Andrea Romano, Duane McDuffie and other such stalwart talent needed to ensure quality product.