Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cyberfrog Lives!

What do you think of Ethan Van Sciver's Cyberfrog return and the incredibly successful Indie Go Go campaign he's having?

Good news! I really enjoyed Cyberfrog back in the day. Any word on who's publishing the series?

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    Good news! I really enjoyed Cyberfrog back in the day. Any word on who's publishing the series?
    He's self-publishing: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...y/x/18848978#/

Backed it the day he launched it.
    Interesting to see that an alternative way of publishing gets more and more popular.
    Problem is the costs, I can‘t afford $25 plus shipping costs for every comic.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Backed it the day he launched it.
    Interesting to see that an alternative way of publishing gets more and more popular.
    Problem is the costs, I can‘t afford $25 plus shipping costs for every comic.
    Yeah, it might be better if creators put out regular individual issues for less or make sure that $25 book has plenty of content. I think they'll figure it out, though. There seems to be a big change happening in the industry.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MLynch View Post
    Yeah, it might be better if creators put out regular individual issues for less or make sure that $25 book has plenty of content. I think they'll figure it out, though. There seems to be a big change happening in the industry.
    One you may or may not be able to talk about!

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    One you may or may not be able to talk about!
    Which is strange to me, but it‘s about Cyberfrog, so I don‘t want to hijack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Which is strange to me, but it‘s about Cyberfrog, so I don‘t want to hijack the thread.
    I don't know. I think Van Sciver's making a statement very much worth talking about with the numbers being put up on his Indiegogo.

I don't know. I think Van Sciver's making a statement very much worth talking about with the numbers being put up on his Indiegogo.

On CBR certain topics are not welcome.
    Yes, there seems to be a shift and Uncle Ethan shows there is demand for certain comics. He is above the $320,000 now.

Ultimate Member

It's no different than anyone else who has used stuff like Kickstarter. Like Kwanza Osajyefo's Black got funded in less than 17 hours and now has a movie deal.

It's not going to change the industry but allows someone to get their project made. Most of Action Labs books were all creator funded projects. Molly Danger, Cash & Carry & Midnight Tiger. Image's Bingo Love was one too.

It also allows the creator sell without the middle man.

Yeah cost is an issue but being able to show folks something you helped get started is fun. Especially if it gets a movie deal.

Bumping an old thread.... I just discovered Cyberfrog (not sure how I missed it in the 90's). I'm looking forward to picking up the new indiegogo book (Bloodhoney). I will also pick up the HC collecting all of the 90's stuff! Big fan of Van Sciver! Can't wait to check this out.

Now I'm on a hunt to find all of the back issues in good condition!!

So i looked it up and that $50 80-page comic is finally delivered a year late, is only 60 pages and has terrible inklogging issues due to shitty paper quality?

And Comicsgaters are all about the 'quality', right?

Y'all got hustled.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 09-26-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    So i looked it up and that $50 80-page comic is finally delivered a year late, is only 60 pages and has terrible inklogging issues due to shitty paper quality?

And Comicsgaters are all about the 'quality', right?

Y'all got hustled.
    I haven't purchased yet. Just found out about it yesterday. After researching the character and looking at the artwork, I will definitely be picking it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I haven't purchased yet. Just found out about it yesterday. After researching the character and looking at the artwork, I will definitely be picking it up!!
    Well, a fool and his money...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Well, a fool and his money...
    Name calling...nice.

I came here simply to discuss a comic book that's about a cybernetic frog. One that from what I can tell has absolutely beautiful artwork. I haven't read it yet, but as far as I know its not some political book, so I don't get why you feel the need to attack those that would support it? If you want to attack the fact that it's very late, I can understand that. Instead you feel the need to make it political, something that seems to be the "hip" thing to do on cbr. Congrats to you sir (or madam, or non-binary, whatever you identify as..I shouldn't have assumed you are a "sir"...my apologies for that).

Absolutely ridiculous....
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 09-26-2019 at 09:58 AM.