Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The wedding would get a lot of attention because again, the couple’s place in pop culture and with general audiences. They wouldn’t know King either.

    Maybe it doesn’t seem likely they have a place to some people here on the CBR Batman forums but this is a big deal for pop culture and for BOTH the Mainstream and General Audience culture.

    I mean, it’s people who think they been together in the for years or got a child together, lol!
    BatCat Wedding would have been an even bigger pop cultural deal if it had occurred in 1992 or 2012 methinks (years Batman Returns and The Dark Knight Rises released respectively). Imagine if it happened just a few months after TDKR released (especially with the way the film ended)?

  2. #17
    Mighty Member WontonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    BatCat Wedding would have been an even bigger pop cultural deal if it had occurred in 1992 or 2012 methinks (years Batman Returns and The Dark Knight Rises released respectively). Imagine if it happened just a few months after TDKR released (especially with the way the film ended)?
    All you need is Media to get the word out or some kind of event. Sometimes there can be a mainstream adaptation tie-in like it was with a Clark and Lois but sometimes it can be an event too like Spider-Man & MJ getting married at the baseball stadium.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The wedding would get a lot of attention because again, the couple’s place in pop culture and with general audiences. They wouldn’t know King either.

    Maybe it doesn’t seem likely they have a place to some people here on the CBR Batman forums but this is a big deal for pop culture and for BOTH the Mainstream and General Audience culture.

    I mean, it’s people who think they been together in the for years or got a child together, lol!
    We might be comic fans but we are also the main stream and the general audience. I don't know anyone at work, at the gym or down the pub who cares about Batman and Catwoman getting married. No ones ever brought it up. The only thing Batman related that comes up is "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME".

    And other crap mocking the DCEU. I think you overestimate how much the public cares. At the mist it'll be one of those bit of news you hear and then discard instantly because it makes zero difference.

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Actually he has had many more comics people on than just those. Seth is the one late night host doing us a real solid even though I'm sure a few of them must read comics. Let's definitely support him!

    TK will be a great get because he has such an interesting personal story to his career. Surely that will come up right away and probably the Batman wedding but that's it.
    Though Morrison was there more to plug his TV series. When I heard Tom was gonna be on Seth's show I thought maybe he too has managed to score some big mainstream project.

  5. #20
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    We might be comic fans but we are also the main stream and the general audience. I don't know anyone at work, at the gym or down the pub who cares about Batman and Catwoman getting married. No ones ever brought it up. The only thing Batman related that comes up is "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME".

    And other crap mocking the DCEU. I think you overestimate how much the public cares. At the most it'll be one of those bit of news you hear and then discard instantly because it makes zero difference.
    Lesser stuff trends worldwide on social media.

  6. #21
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Seth is the one late night host doing us a real solid even though I'm sure a few of them must read comics. Let's definitely support him!
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Awesome that SM lets his geek flag fly in a way other talk show hosts don't.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lesser stuff trends worldwide on social media.
    What do you mean lesser? Has Batman getting married been trending since it was announced?

  8. #23
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What do you mean lesser? Has Batman getting married been trending since it was announced?
    No because DC hasn't pushed it to THAT level of publicity yet. It depends on how much of a big deal DC is willing to make of this.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    No because DC hasn't pushed it to THAT level of publicity yet. It depends on how much of a big deal DC is willing to make of this.
    It's already been announced on TV on a show with higher viewership than Seth's show, It was announced on in the news and lots of news sites. DC has been promoting the hell out of it. It was even in Manchester Metro which is my county [town's local paper here in the UK]

  10. #25
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's already been announced on TV on a show with higher viewership than Seth's show, It was announced on in the news and lots of news sites. DC has been promoting the hell out of it. It was even in Manchester Metro which is my county [town's local paper here in the UK]
    Which one was that?

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Which one was that?
    Jimmy Fallon's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •