Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Looks like I'm gonna skip #4. I'm so sick of Batman invading my comics. I don't like to be forcefed. Yeah sure, he sells. But it's beyond irritating.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Issue 2 was just as crazily awesome as the first. Beware the spoilers.

spoilers:
    The twist seems to stand, for now, even if the Bad Samaritain seems poised to return (by the hand of Mandrakke? I'm not sure that I recognize the face). Janet/Firebrand remains an awesome character, an utterly normal person thrown into this world, forced to commit acts of violence to survive but but still good at heart (pardon the pun). Neon's past is revealed, and it makes him more endearing, I think. I can't wait to learn more about those two characters, and the woman who seems poised to replace Elligh, a former Challenger of the Unknown seems quite interesting also! And who are the peoples reclaiming Birght Marshall?
    end of spoilers

Overall, I can't wait to read the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna skip #4. I'm so sick of Batman invading my comics. I don't like to be forcefed. Yeah sure, he sells. But it's beyond irritating.
    I don't think that we will see Batman. It's hinted hat only Huntress will truly be there, even if Neon and all wanted to meet with Bruce at first. Then again, I may be wrong, but I don't think that the solicits hint at it, at least. Also, Viking Judge and Ascendant are returning for the cover of issue 5... do you think they'll be revived ?

Preview for issue 3 is out (in fact, has been for three days, shame on me!).

I'm really liking Firebrand and Neon, they make for a great duo. Ellig's backstory is also really sad, now that we know it... I wonder if he'll return or not, thanks to the Nth Metal, alongside Viking Judge in issue 5. Or it'll introduce new characters to the team maybe ?

Pretty spot on for the choices, but I'll be honest, The Unexpected would be an utter mess to film as a live action, because it would require Metal to come before. And that would be kind of hard to pull...

Not gonna lie, issue 3 was weaker than the first two, but I think it's because it's a transition issue, and the next ones should have a better flow and bring the story forward, I hope.

Preview is out for issue 4, and my mind is blown. I mean, Duke Thomas, aka The Signal is in the issue out next week and, well, I really like this character, and Firebrand, Neon and Huntress. It's like... perfect for me, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Preview is out for issue 4, and my mind is blown. I mean, Duke Thomas, aka The Signal is in the issue out next week and, well, I really like this character, and Firebrand, Neon and Huntress. It's like... perfect for me, I guess.
    I'm guessing things turned out pretty well for the characters and the guests, including/especially The Signal!

I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little bummed Viking Judge and Ascendant appear to be staying dead but this book is still insanely good. Glad to see Signal in action (Cary Nord drew his costume amazingly by the way) and I'm loving the way they are making their way through the DC universe. I'm invested.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Viking Judge and Ascendant remianing dead is actually one of the craziest and yet best things of The Unexpected to me so far. Especially the former, who was used so much in promo art. it takes some balls to do a twist like that and stick with it.

My only interrogation right now, not having the issues at hands, is when did Phade get Bright Marshall ? I thought someone from the God Garden took it.

I actually hope they're not truly dead, or we get some replacements. Firebrand and Neon aren't enough to keep me around much longer.

Astonishing Member

The viking staying dead would put me off this, I picked it up coz she looked so cool imo and I was very interested to see where they took her

Firebrand is good but I'm not that keen on neon

I will hold out for the first arc but if the team on the first issue cover arnt back I'll be dropping it, that's the team I bought into and want to read about

Invincible Member

I was confused by Signalman...

The Signal. And why ? I found that Orlando used him in a very clever way.