Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The Signal. And why ? I found that Orlando used him in a very clever way.
    Just cuz I'm not super familiar with the character. I thought he was an old Batman villain, but I guess this is a different person...

He's Duke Thomas, a new protegee of Batman, and a metahuman linked to the Nth metal. he's a day-time protector of Gotham, and a member of the new Outsiders.

Well, the solicitation for #7 in December says someone else may have to die!
    Man, they keep it up, and I would be surprised to see anyone left on the team!
    (Though, with it's numbers what they are, what I would REALLY be surprised to see is the book making past a year!).

I don't think that another member of the team will die. We've already seen a Fuginaut change his sentence in Sideways, Neon, Firebrand and Hawkman will probably just about manage to convince him that they are acting in the interest of his mission.

So... It's a thing now...

spoilers:
    Mandrakk is free.
    end of spoilers

January's issue #8 will be the last, I'm extremely sad now

I hope that Firebrand and Neon will find an home elsewhere, I would hate to see them go into limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    January's issue #8 will be the last, I'm extremely sad now
    But . . . was it Unexpected?

Preview for today's issue : https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/07/...-unexpected-6/

I really dig the art and the characters... I'm so sad that DC pulled the plug here, especially sine Orlando had at least 12 issues in mind per twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . was it Unexpected?
    No, not really. I figured one or two of the titles would last but the rest would end up cancelled within a year or two. I figure Sideways and Terrifics have the best odds of lasting, or at least finding a home after their books end.

It is however, a real shame. Unexpected was a solid title with interesting characters and a strong premise.

See, this is why I don't get angry at DC and its lack of diversity. DC tries, its us fans not holding up our end of the bargain. These New Age books have been damn fun (the ones Ive read anyway, I haven't tried them all) but DC's audience doesn't care because there's not Bat, Shield, or lightning bolt on the cover.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-07-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, not really. I figured one or two of the titles would last but the rest would end up cancelled within a year or two. I figure Sideways and Terrifics have the best odds of lasting, or at least finding a home after their books end.
    It may be a fool's hope, but I think that Sideways, Brimstone and The Silencer will appear in other books even when their series will be cancelled :
    • this day's annual cemented Sideways' place in the Superman mythos (and he lives in Gotham, so him facing the Bat will happen, sooner or latter);
    • Brimstone is set to face off Nabu in December and it's clearly tied to the plot of JLD
    • The Silencer is heavily tied to Leviathan, and Leviathan will have a huge role in Bendis's run on Superman

Then, there is the Terrifics, who I feel have a stable readership and a very unique vibe. And Damage, which I really like but can't seem to find a place for in the future. Perhaps with the JL as the ultimate Ace in the Hole ?