Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member Knives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aben View Post
    But the o5 was there to hunt jimmy down too. Weren't they also sent by Magneto?
    Knowing Magneto's way of thinking, he probably thought Jean and the others might not be able to do whatever was necessary if Jimmy could not be saved.

    Even Jimmy surviving the X-men will be angry with Magneto for him acted on his back the same way that always happens with anyone who works with Magneto. That's why I like Magneto he does not hide what he is and makes clear what can be expected of him so when the inevitable betrayal happens no one can say did not expect it. It is the fault of the good guys for always ignoring the truth about him.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aben View Post
    But the o5 was there to hunt jimmy down too. Weren't they also sent by Magneto?
    Is he even "there" to send them? I thought he went into the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    That was fine. Claws, but bigger and regenerative. Seems like a reasonable extension of Jimmy's core, and, in all fairness, was a neat visual.
    longer/bigger claws ok.....but the other effects were too much like Medusa's hair

  3. #78
    Mighty Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Is he even "there" to send them? I thought he went into the future.



    longer/bigger claws ok.....but the other effects were too much like Medusa's hair
    They were his claws. Just longer and bigger.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    This issue was awful. Poor art, completely forgettable characters and plot. Even the "thicc" waitress couldn't save this issue for me.

    And I simply groan at the villainization of Magneto again
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  5. #80
    Master of Magnetism Magneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Yeah, can't wait for the next arc with the interesting characters.

  6. #81
    Mighty Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    This issue was awful. Poor art, completely forgettable characters and plot. Even the "thicc" waitress couldn't save this issue for me.

    And I simply groan at the villainization of Magneto again
    Agree with most, but wouldn't say it's villainization. More antagonization. He hasn't done anything that would have been unsightly when he was leading his hardline Uncanny team, only we're seeing it from a different angle now. Villain to the O5, hero of his own story yada yada yada.

    Putting down the Poison remnant isn't a ridiculous, villainous step- it's the same thing he was doing in Venomised. Only now there's the on/off Jimmy persona to complicate things for the O5, but it seems reasonable to me that Magneto wouldn't care (unless he discovered Jimmy's maternity). Mags destroying an alien threat to mutants is probably the least villainous villain step he could take.

  7. #82
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,896

    Default

    Yeah wasnt feeling this issue. The best part of it was Daken at the end bc he was a remnant of Lorna's new team. I cant believe we are STILL dealing with the Poisons. Especially with the double shipping, it feels like this plotline has been going on since January, but I just checked and it only started in April

  8. #83
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Yeah, can't wait for the next arc with the interesting characters.
    Wait, is Emma out until the next arc? Uggggggghhhhh.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Agree with most, but wouldn't say it's villainization. More antagonization. He hasn't done anything that would have been unsightly when he was leading his hardline Uncanny team, only we're seeing it from a different angle now. Villain to the O5, hero of his own story yada yada yada.

    Putting down the Poison remnant isn't a ridiculous, villainous step- it's the same thing he was doing in Venomised. Only now there's the on/off Jimmy persona to complicate things for the O5, but it seems reasonable to me that Magneto wouldn't care (unless he discovered Jimmy's maternity). Mags destroying an alien threat to mutants is probably the least villainous villain step he could take.
    Yeah, Magneto wanting to take out Jimmy right now isn't that odd or villainous. The Poisons proved to be a threat and now Magneto wants to be sure they're taken care of. We've seen X-Men do this in the past. Dear God, just look at all the shit Wolverine would do.

    I would love Magneto to learn that Jimmy is the son of the Ultimate version of Magneto's wife. That would be so delightful and confusing.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, Magneto wanting to take out Jimmy right now isn't that odd or villainous. The Poisons proved to be a threat and now Magneto wants to be sure they're taken care of. We've seen X-Men do this in the past. Dear God, just look at all the shit Wolverine would do.

    I would love Magneto to learn that Jimmy is the son of the Ultimate version of Magneto's wife. That would be so delightful and confusing.
    Ah that time when Ultimate Wolverine has sex with Magneto's wife, i never saw woman contort her spine in such a way .

    (But seriously that story was weird).

  11. #86
    Master of Magnetism Magneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Wait, is Emma out until the next arc? Uggggggghhhhh.
    Yeah, but the current arc is short I think (Issue 29 and 30).

  12. #87
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Yeah, but the current arc is short I think (Issue 29 and 30).
    With this art, that's still too long! Though I suppose I should be happy that Emma won't appear with this art?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah wasnt feeling this issue. The best part of it was Daken at the end bc he was a remnant of Lorna's new team. I cant believe we are STILL dealing with the Poisons. Especially with the double shipping, it feels like this plotline has been going on since January, but I just checked and it only started in April
    I'm completely with you. There wasn't even any indication that Jimmy had a Poison on him when Ms. Sinister was torturing him.

  14. #89
    Master of Magnetism Magneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    With this art, that's still too long! Though I suppose I should be happy that Emma won't appear with this art?
    Yes you should lol

  15. #90
    Mighty Member akiresu_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm completely with you. There wasn't even any indication that Jimmy had a Poison on him when Ms. Sinister was torturing him.
    ...that's because there wasn't one? This (and Venomized) is set after Mothervine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •