Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

More could be done with Magik in Uncanny.

Where is Dani located these days?

Also, whatever happened to Magma after New Mutants 50?
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post

Are you kidding? Magik has it the best of any of the new mutants. She's been all over the place. ANX, uncanny, and Wolverine and the Xmen (during the crazy time traveling evil mutants arc). She's everywhere.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Are you kidding? Magik has it the best of any of the new mutants. She's been all over the place. ANX, uncanny, and Wolverine and the Xmen (during the crazy time traveling evil mutants arc). She's everywhere.
    Magic is clearly the most well off of the New Mutants. Hell, she was a Phoenix host. Even going back to Legion's return, she's been great.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post

We know Karma is supposed to be at the school even though we don't see her but there is no sign of Dani or Magma.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    We know Karma is supposed to be at the school even though we don't see her but there is no sign of Dani or Magma.
    Shoot! I know Dani was with the Fearless Defenders, so she was accounted for post New Mutants 50 but Magma hasn't been seen at all, from what I know of.

Karma at least was a member Astonishing, so that's something.

Cannoball and Sunspot are being written tragically. They are the comic relief doofus twins in the Avengers currently and it doesn't make a lot of sense
    thats awful...

the good thing about New Mutants is that a lot of the top writers love them & they will always get more chances in the future to be written properly. Unlike a certain other teen X team from the 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    thats awful...

the good thing about New Mutants is that a lot of the top writers love them & they will always get more chances in the future to be written properly. Unlike a certain other teen X team from the 90's...
    250px-Xnation2099-2.jpg

Never forget. I mean, that's who you were talking about right

I was looking over the list of artists that the last volume was treated with and most of those artist have gone on to some big name projects.

Shame that Karma lost her leg but that's nowhere near as bad as what has happened to several members of Generation X. New Mutants though, are lucky that they are still beloved so they are not sacrificed to the Shock gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    250px-Xnation2099-2.jpg

Never forget. I mean, that's who you were talking about right
    of course!

BANNED

If Quicksilver can speak Latin, and Danger can alter her appearance, what's the point of Cypher and Warlock?

BANNED

so are we suposed to care about sunspot, sunspot isnt even worth any kind of ofense but im sorry for cannonball beign used as an comic relief on an avengers book is an fate worst than death
    Last edited by Beatrixpendent; 07-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.

I often forget about Sunspot when I think of the New Mutants. I know he is Original Five but he and Magma are always on the bottom of my New Mutants list.

Never been a huge fan of Cypher or Warlock, but I know that PAD will do right by them. I've heard tell of Hickman being a great fan of Sunspot and Cannonball, but he's just not treating them well. Add the fact that there are just way too many Avengers to give any real, significant storyline to (besides the movie Avengers crew, plus Spider-Woman). They have fallen into the sidekick, buddy-buddy duo that they are, frankly, too good for. I'm glad that Avengers World has given them a storyline, but it's not been great. Yes, Karma had a pretty good run in Astonishing, but that title's gone. Moonstar was poorly used (I did have great hopes though) in Fearless Defenders, but that title is also gone. Magik is right now the most high-profile NM, even though she doesn't act anything like Illyana should. Bendis should take note from Gillen's Uncanny run for pointers. Poor Magma. It seems that really no one knows how to write her well, or at all. Maybe Claremont should pick her up and bring her to Nightcrawler since he is really the only one who gets her. As far as the later recruits? Rictor seems to be having a bit of a happy ever after with Shatterstar, Rahne (who I am still pissed never appeared at all in the latest NM volume) is spending time with a Madrox clone, and Boom Boom hasn't appeared after the recent X-Force volume. Does anyone really wonder about 616 Blink or Nate Grey?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Hickman lost me with his version of Sam in this scene:
    image.jpg
    I could have bought the idea of Bobby having a macrobiotic diet so he stays ripped and doesn't bulk up; but Sam? Down to earth Southern, country boy, miner's son Sam? Really? Clearly a skull.
    "Self has no time for this."

Moonstar, come back