Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Moonstar, come back
    Yes please. She's the one I miss most. On adjectiveless, they could use a sixth.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I often forget about Sunspot when I think of the New Mutants. I know he is Original Five but he and Magma are always on the bottom of my New Mutants list.
    /10char

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Yes please. She's the one I miss most. On adjectiveless, they could use a sixth.
    Thirded. I need my Hel's angel
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I miss Karma, Dani, and Warpath the most, but I would love to see all of the unused New Mutants/Hellions/XForceVol1 characters. All of them are highly usable for any of the books. I really wish X-Men would rotate out a sixth member to utilize the many women at JGS that could use some exposure, least of all Karma. She or Dani would be great additions to that squad. Shoot some of them over to Uncanny, I could see Magma or maybe Warpath want to fight back more. Plus they both have interesting relationships with Emma.

But what the heck happened to Skids?? Did she die off panel or just go really deep undercover?
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Bringing the Hellions back is a good idea. No more hero V hero, when you got creeps like Empath out there.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Bringing the Hellions back is a good idea. No more hero V hero, when you got creeps like Empath out there.
    Well the Hellions are officially dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Well the Hellions are officially dead.
    Let's pretend that they were revived in Necrosha and got away. Eh, some writer can do that

Let's pretend that they were revived in Necrosha and got away. Eh, some writer can do that
    I'd be down for that!

They all seem to have been part of some team or another of X-Men in the last few years (Dani on Fearless Defenders too) except Magma.

Remember when Magma was the main character in the X-Men Legends videogame? Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    If they put her in this book, I'd have reason to read it again.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

But what the heck happened to Skids?? Did she die off panel or just go really deep undercover?[/QUOTE]

SHIELD needed some1 to test it's Sentinels on.

Could you imagine the sort of hold Selene would have over Emma if she offered her back her Hellions and Negasonic Warhead. It would be a great way to get her back into the Helfire Club.

This applies to my responce one up.

Cypher and Warlock are currently under the good hands of Peter David at X-Factor, and one of the other (or the two combined) have been a semi-regular presence in x-books.
    Rahne has been a regular in several x-books, but particularly in X-Factor under Peter David. She's currently inactive but she's had it pretty good.
    Magik has been kicking ass in the x-books in recent years. She was my favorite character back in New Mutants and although she is now a different character (still great), she is no doubt the most successful of the team.
    Cannonball and Sunspot are currently in Avengers and for the most part it's been terrible. Sunspot treatment doesn't bother me as much as Cannonball's, but to be fair the damage to the character was mostly done in the x-books proper right after he left X-Force, around the Onslaught event time. Claremont wrote him again in X-Treme, and he has seen a regular presence in the x-books with some decent stories, but he was still a de-evolved character. His latest stint in Avengers is a new low point for him. Hopefully better days await him. Still, he has seen a lot of action over the years.
    Karma was recently in Astonishing. She was never a fan favorite, and writers never seem to give her any real focus on a consistent base, but Liu did manage to work something in that title.
    Magma is in limbo again, which seems like home to her. I can't recall a single story about Magma i really like. Perhaps that date with the devil, but like someone already said, writers can't seem to know what to do with her and her powers.
    That leaves Dani. Over the years, she has become one of the most interesting characters from the team. She's had plenty of good stories and i had really high hopes for her role in the Defenders title, but that was just dismal. Hopefully she'll be back as she's too good a character. If not in the x-books than perhaps in some Thor related book.

Overall, i don't think the New Mutants can complain much. They have had for the most part great runs, and longevity wise they eclipse any of the other teen teams.

Generation X
    Out of Generation X, only M really seems to have made it. I don't count Jubes because she was already an x-character. Chamber is still around but he's used sporadically and i think his nationality has become more relevant than his powers. The less said about poor Paige the better. She was one of the most promising characters of that team and has been totally ruined in every title since. The others are in limbo/dead.

New X-Men
    So many great characters. So much waste. So many reduced to wallpaper duties, ocasionally with some dialogue thrown in.
    The most successful have been:
    X-23 which was not even an original member. Currently being character assassinated by Bendis.
    Pixie had a good run for a while. Now in limbo.
    Blindfold had a surprise run in Legacy. Back in limbo.
    Quentin was/is? at the forefront of WATXM. Whether or not that's a good thing i leave it to you.
    Cuckoos have been doing fine lately. I'd say they've done better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Shoot! I know Dani was with the Fearless Defenders, so she was accounted for post New Mutants 50 but Magma hasn't been seen at all, from what I know of.

Karma at least was a member Astonishing, so that's something.
    Magma made an appearance in an issue of Fearless Defenders. IIRC there was some battle in New Amazonia & Magma was involved. Not sure if she is an Amazon now or what. I only glanced over the issue.

I think her & Dani would make great additions to "X-Men". With a new writer coming on board, maybe we will see some different characters join the team.
    Last edited by Andru; 07-22-2014 at 06:09 AM.