Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dodoriazarbon View Post
    They all seem to have been part of some team or another of X-Men in the last few years (Dani on Fearless Defenders too) except Magma.

Remember when Magma was the main character in the X-Men Legends videogame? Bizarre.
    That was odd, I remember them going with her simpler origin story, which is the wisest choice.

I wonder if that's still her problem, she can never shake her confusing origin story. Which is a shame, as outside of Selene, her origin doesn't matter. She has decent powers (as long as the colorist doesn't make look horrible - I'm looking at you all of you 90s colorists!) that I know one of the problems is to make her look like not a female Human Torch.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

this is an outrage. how is this thread only 4 pages?

I say bring back the Helions, throw in the original New Mutants, and call the new book "Underutilized X-Men", or maybe "Unlikely X-Men", and give it to Claremont...

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I couldn't give 2 f**ks about the Hellions, and I hope they stay dead forever. The NM have fought scarier, more powerful antagonists that went beyond the X-Men's Rogue Gallery since their inception. They should all have graduated to X-Men squads proper long ago, and that seemed to happen and then suddenly die, sans Cypher & Warlock in ANX-Factor.

The only good Hellions made it out okay, mostly Warpath and Empath - though I do hate Empath, though we are suppose to. Too date rapey for my tastes.

Though I do like seeing the Hellions during Necrosha and whenever the New Mutants go to an alternate timeline. But I feel like the New Mutants outgrew the Hellions, so long ago.

I did like during the Squads era and that the New Mutants and Hellion squads were rivals. Of course, they would be

firestar was a hellion too and she escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    firestar was a hellion too and she escaped.
    She was basically controlled by Emma and Empath to be a Hellion for a short time.

i MUCH prefered the New X-Men Hellions squad of Dust, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury, Wither, and Tag, though I think Spectre should've been on the squad instead.

canon is canon.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    I couldn't give 2 f**ks about the Hellions, and I hope they stay dead forever. The NM have fought scarier, more powerful antagonists that went beyond the X-Men's Rogue Gallery since their inception. They should all have graduated to X-Men squads proper long ago, and that seemed to happen and then suddenly die, sans Cypher & Warlock in ANX-Factor.
    For those who grew up reading New Mutants they were fleshed out personalities so that is why so many of us miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    For those who grew up reading New Mutants they were fleshed out personalities so that is why so many of us miss them.
    I own all volumes of New Mutants Classic, and issues #1-54 are my single favorite X-Book run of all time, and I still don't really care for the Hellions.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish Warpath would join up with the Amazing X-Men crew. It would be a nice nod to throw him in with the original All New X-Men crew as kind of a homage to his brother being a member with them. Plus he and Firestar were friends at one point too. It would also be good to see James in a more lighthearted book after years being on the kill squad.

In my mind, Firestar isn't a Hellion but you are right, she was part of the team.

BANNED

The New Mutants deserve to be mistreated. They were so mean to Feral!

Feral only exists because Harras moved Wolfsbane to X-Factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Feral only exists because Harras moved Wolfsbane to X-Factor.
    She exist because Jesus loves me fool. She's so far from that dog Wolfsbane it's crazy. I love Rahne, but Maria is the real cats meow.