Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I don't like either of them...which is why I loved Zeb Wells' run so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    The only good Hellions made it out okay, mostly Warpath and Empath - though I do hate Empath, though we are suppose to. Too date rapey for my tastes.

Though I do like seeing the Hellions during Necrosha and whenever the New Mutants go to an alternate timeline. But I feel like the New Mutants outgrew the Hellions, so long ago.

I did like during the Squads era and that the New Mutants and Hellion squads were rivals. Of course, they would be
    I liked all the Hellions but Empath. Roulette was especially interesting since her power is basically how the Scarlet Witch's was supposed to work. Also the only reason the New Mutants outgrew the Hellions is because the Hellions are still teenagers, I think even Hellion is older than them now. I would love a New Mutants book starring the original deceased Teenage Hellions trying to figure out their place in life, I mean seriously they are teenagers that died before cellphones and the internet, that alone makes for some interesting storytelling, in a way that All New X-Men hasn't even touched on.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 07-22-2014 at 01:53 PM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

with the prevalence of smartphone techne and Babelfish translation app, Cipher has zero utility now.

The character is as laughably outdated as 8-tracks, AM radio, and the Atom traversing POTS telephony.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    with the prevalence of smartphone techne and Babelfish translation app, Cipher has zero utility now.

The character is as laughably outdated as 8-tracks, AM radio, and the Atom traversing POTS telephony.
    But he can read body language and discover recipes by just tasting the food! He's still relevant!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    I own all volumes of New Mutants Classic, and issues #1-54 are my single favorite X-Book run of all time, and I still don't really care for the Hellions.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    I liked all the Hellions but Empath. Roulette was especially interesting since her power is basically how the Scarlet Witch's was supposed to work. Also the only reason the New Mutants outgrew the Hellions is because the Hellions are still teenagers, I think even Hellion is older than them now. I would love a New Mutants book starring the original deceased Teenage Hellions trying to figure out their place in life, I mean seriously they are teenagers that died before cellphones and the internet, that alone makes for some interesting storytelling, in a way that All New X-Men hasn't even touched on.
    Sorry, some how I missed this!

All New tried that with Cyclops and bottled water, but that's the problem with the X-Men these days, they don't have any family or friends who are also not X-Men. They don't have lives anymore so the Original Five don't have to worry about how different life is. To them, it still is just the mansion and the going ons that deal with that, and trying not to be killed by enemies.

We need some more down time issues.

Down time issues are some of my favorite issues. So much character development packed in and it's nice to see them acting as friends/family together. Certainly what is missing in the current books. It was really great to see the New Mutants (in the recent volume) all run in to hug Xavier with the exception of Magik. Really spoke to her relationship with Xavier and to the rest of the team. Still really pissed that we got no mention of Rahne at all during the run. Especially with the return of Doug.

Did she not show up at all, in the 50 issues? Bizarre, that couldn't have been Peter David, the entire time, could it?

Nope. She didn't show up at all. She was in between PAD's book and Yost & Kyle's X-Force. So, in theory she was on Utopia because of her involvement in X-Force, but she was pregnant for most of that run (after eating her father) and then back over to X-Factor after that.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Nope. She didn't show up at all. She was in between PAD's book and Yost & Kyle's X-Force. So, in theory she was on Utopia because of her involvement in X-Force, but she was pregnant for most of that run (after eating her father) and then back over to X-Factor after that.
    Oh Rahne, what have they done to you!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post

Cypher is absolutely necessary to the franchise. he paints the corner of the franchise as a testament to the School's Legacy as under the Administration of Storm and Magneto. He's an exemplar of that curriculum. He shows the world that the Xavier Institute is capable of taking someone with even the most non offensive power and made a weapon out of him simply by exploring it. so don't mess with us.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    But he can read body language and discover recipes by just tasting the food! He's still relevant!
    Perhaps his powers would best be used at the employ of restaurant? This way he can gracefully bow out to more important mutants.

Benihana comes to mind.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Perhaps his powers would best be used at the employ of restaurant? This way he can gracefully bow out to more important mutants.
    maybe he can be the next inhuman since fans don't care about him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post

Benihana comes to mind.
    He has figured out so many secret recipes!

Maybe he should be infiltrating KFC for those 11 secret spices?
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.