Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that Illyana's team is the B-Team, or at least the public team while the other team is clandestine. Remember issue one when they were talking about why they were the ones selected by Karma, and how they weren't the first choices?
    Yeah, this seems on point.

Extraordinary Member

I still have to question, why is everyone who is not Illyana on this team to begin with? Her powerset is such that having the rest of the team around actually makes most of these missions harder. Is it to deliberately give the impression of incompetence to lull Tran into a false sense of security?

I think that Illyana's team is the B-Team, or at least the public team while the other team is clandestine. Remember issue one when they were talking about why they were the ones selected by Karma, and how they weren't the first choices?
    sure but who else that karma is tight with would be on it that isn't accounted for elsewhere ? except dani of course.

not sam, berto, jimmy, or magma. sorry to say, but now that they are avengers or x-men, there's no way they would be slumming it as shan's hired help.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I still have to question, why is everyone who is not Illyana on this team to begin with? Her powerset is such that having the rest of the team around actually makes most of these missions harder. Is it to deliberately give the impression of incompetence to lull Tran into a false sense of security?
    More likely it's because they need more than just magic for these missions. Tabby, Ric, Guido, and Rahne have all actually been as useful as Magik or more.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sure but who else that karma is tight with would be on it that isn't accounted for elsewhere ? except dani of course.

not sam, berto, jimmy, or magma. sorry to say, but now that they are avengers or x-men, there's no way they would be slumming it as shan's hired help.
    I don't think that Karma needs to be explicitly close to them. But there are a few characters left that she has ties to that she could ask: Indra, Loa, Northstar, etc. Similarly, maybe Shatterstar is there since it's said he'll have a big role?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

Magik was on the main X-Men team a little over a year ago and yet here she is slumming it.

That would be a good twist

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magik was on the main X-Men team a little over a year ago and yet here she is slumming it.
    Not to mention she was used as an Xman on Gold in the same lineup as Magma so I don’t know why it would beneath Amara but not Illyana
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    you don't say, i never noticed. she's not on a squad now except shan's supposed loser squad

I don't think that Karma needs to be explicitly close to them. But there are a few characters left that she has ties to that she could ask: Indra, Loa, Northstar, etc. Similarly, maybe Shatterstar is there since it's said he'll have a big role?
    shatterstar might qualify but unless he's a plant meant to misdirect yana's "b" team, he doesn't look like he's on either squad

Maybe the second team are the characters who were out of place at the funerals, like Fantomex and Mystique

BANNED

My guess is all the people Shan name dropped in issue 1 (Magma, Sunspot, Cannonball, Skids) are A team. With Dani in charge.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I really liked this issue a lot. I know a lot of the character moments never happened, but they were great moments. It was such a good Kitty/Magik interaction. Plus, the Rasputin sibling interaction was very good. On top of that, it was a solid fakeout that I didn't see coming.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What a morbid month for my precious New Mutants. Especially for my Rahne
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    My guess is all the people Shan name dropped in issue 1 (Magma, Sunspot, Cannonball, Skids) are A team. With Dani in charge.
    I'd be all over this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

More likely it's because they need more than just magic for these missions. Tabby, Ric, Guido, and Rahne have all actually been as useful as Magik or more.
    I want what book you've been reading because it's definitely not this one

Rosenberg has said that he's writing Siryn soon so she's probably here. She'd fit in with the whole death sense angle, as the Morrigan.
    Mystical. Check
    Fitting the theme of death & souls. Check
    Former X-Factor member. Check

yeah, she's gotta be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I wonder if we're going to have any of Dani's other former students on these teams. David's in already. Josh is off in XM:Blue. Maybe Nori?
    I'd hope so. Maaaayyyyybbbbeeeee Sofia??? In that case, Rosenberg can always just use the excuse: "Mothervine" to already have her repowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sunspot
    Cannonball (why waant he at the fake funeral?)
    Siryn
    Skids
    Hellion (unlikely but i want him to get some love)
    I think at this point in time, Sam & Bobby are still Avengering it up. And Sam (and Cypher) missing from the fake funeral was glaring. Skids is a good choice, but she is also busy super spying it up. I'm into the 'Hellion' and 'Siryn' choices, though.

BANNED

Bobby (and presumably Sam) quit the Avengers after No Surrender. Rogue officially left too to help Kitty at the School.