Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default New Mutants: Dead Souls #4 Preview

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...new-mutants-4/

This issue looks like it’s going to be a tearjerker (though I expect the fatality to be back by the end of the series with a little help from Dr. Strange). Don’t cry, my sweet Darkchylde.

And look at that it’s actually possible to write Kitty as both compassionate and caring, while also characteristically smug.

Damn. That's rough. Poor Magik. My first X-book was Illyana's death, so seeing her crying at someone else's funeral is odd.
    More importantly... Poor spoilers:
    Rictor. Killing a queer mutant during pride month? Geez. I wonder how Shatterstar'll take it. I hope his death gets undone.
    end of spoilers
    Kitty needs another time out in a space bullet to correct her superiority complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

we need summore Karma :////

Oops. Didn't mean to post that.

Edit: I'm loving this book and the characters' voices. But I'm not liking what's happening in this preview.
    Last edited by gifted; 06-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

This Kitty/Illyana moment is so touching. It's stuff like this I miss in the core X-Books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So what if Rictor is dead? Illyana is sad, Illyana feels guilty, Illyana thinks she's a bad leader.

Illyana Illyana Illyana

Why did they even bother making this mini a team book?
    The question is is "New Mutants: Dead Souls" necessary? I'm not hating the writer. If characters are being dragged to nostalgia, they can never grow.
    Last edited by 244; 06-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    The question is is "New Mutants: Dead Souls" necessary? I'm not hating the writer. If characters are being dragged to nostalgia, they can never grow.
    What happens in Dead Souls doesn't necessarily have to drag Magik back to nostalgia. Feeling guilty and sad over what happens to Rictor would be natural. And it might cause Illyana's character to move forward and develop in the aftermath. It might make her come to appreciate certain things about life a little more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    What happens in Dead Souls doesn't necessarily have to drag Magik back to nostalgia. Feeling guilty and sad over what happens to Rictor would be natural. And it might cause Illyana's character to move forward and develop in the aftermath. It might make her come to appreciate certain things about life a little more.
    I would’ve preferred it if a different writer writes Magik. So far, Magik is generally one-note under Rosenberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I would’ve preferred it if a different writer writes Magik. So far, Magik is generally one-note under Rosenberg.
    After Bendis and Lemire I can’t really complain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    After Bendis and Lemire I can’t really complain.
    Bendis’ take on Magik was sort of hit-or-miss to me but it was okay.